Anamorph Reviews

• Nov 12, 2017

Perhaps if you view this film from a specific angle you might see a good film, but from where I was standing it fell flat. If it weren't for Willem bringing some gravitas to the proceedings then I don't think I'd have even made it to the end

• Aug 22, 2014

Unlike Silence of the Lambs or Se7en Anamorph lacks urgency but delivers a movie that is more of an art piece, literally. In that sense it's more like Christopher Nolan's Prestige. The film also manages to take the widely accepted cliches of the detective thriller genera and turn them around.

• Feb 03, 2014

Dark. Slow. Shallow and disjointed narrative. Intriguing but unsatisfying. You don't share the main characters obsession. There's no point to the whole mystery. Big waste of time.

• Nov 25, 2013

Anamorph: the truth depends on where you stand--wonderfully dark!!

Anamorph: the truth depends on where you stand--wonderfully dark!!

• Apr 25, 2013

A film whose creative plot would have been better executed in other hands. Enjoyable, but ultimately a let-down when it came to tying up its story. A weaker Seven, essentially.

• Apr 06, 2013

Great idea but there was something missing, it was watchable

Great idea but there was something missing, it was watchable

• Jan 23, 2013

interesting story line

interesting story line

• Jan 21, 2013

muy buena, luego de pecados capitales una de las mejores de investigacion de asesinos seriales

• Jan 15, 2013

This film is basically two hours of Dafoe's character drinking himself - nearly literally - to death. The only surprise in this film is that you didn't have enough clues or character knowledge to be surprised. It was just a grim, sad waste of time. Willem Dafoe is excellent actor. Peter Stormare is an excellent actor. But this film just sucked. Slow doesn't make the movie bad, it was just bad. The sketchy plot mixed with artistic ramblings of anamorphic detail aren't cohesively drawn together in a meaningful way for a plot except to highlight some gore which is illustrated from several perspectives, finally at the end. I really appreciate the artistic vision, but as entertainment, it put me to sleep. (Seriously, I fell asleep and had to re-watch the film - which was even more disappointing.) I generally don't like to make negative comments or reviews on the works of others, even when they suck, but this film warranted one. It's just too bad that these great actors were shamed with this end result.

• Dec 07, 2012

Certainly a strange film, although the slow build up and visuals are really outstanding at times. Not sure about Director Henry Miller's other works but quite enjoyed the anamorphic theme...Unsure about the ending but will have to re-watch sometime. Willem Dafoe's hair & Scott Speedman's acting seemed major annoyances.