Apollo 11 Reviews

• 15h ago

i thought it was going to be about greek gods going to space and i was disappointed by the lack of sassy signing women narrating and lighting the mood like in hercules. this was NOTHING like hercules.

• 1d ago

loved it!! reminded me a lot of the era I grew up in.

loved it!! reminded me a lot of the era I grew up in.

• Jul 06, 2019

Movie afternoon with Gertie. Look i'm a sucker for this. I cried 6-7 times during this. But this film is close to perfection. Stunning assembly with electrifying, gripping moments. With an amazing score throughout. I loved the timestamp shots of the spectators' outdoor gallery in Florida. People in fantastic 60s clothes and sunglasses - an America in transition. Vietnam and Chappaquiddick on the news, and Nixon lurking to shake hands. Equally Mission Control, as you see tension etched on faces and instant coffee downed. I thrilled all over again to the images of the moon and Armstrong's stirring words. But i also loved the humour, as they joked about locking themselves out of the landing module. Stunning as was First Man last year.

• Jul 05, 2019

I love space, quality production and authenticity. If you too love these things then this will stir your emotions :)

• Jun 30, 2019

Powerful and profound. Its best quality, is that the filmmakers let us experience the event by letting the images and people speak for themselves, rather than having a narrator tell us what to think and feel.

• Jun 25, 2019

A little too technical

A little too technical

• Jun 24, 2019

While it's certainly a little slow at times, overall this film is still an incredible gift. Choosing to tell it's story via previously unseen footage of the Apollo 11 mission without any narration or interviews, letting the footage and events speak for themselves (though we should all know the story and outcome by now). While there aren't really any new revelations here (though the film does take the time to explain each stage of the moon landing, which is nice), the footage is still gorgeous, breath-taking and awe inspiring (Some of it looks brand new, like it was shot yesterday). Apollo 11 re-visits one of the most important events in human history, and takes viewers on a jaw-dropping ride. It's easily one of the best films of 2019.

• Jun 24, 2019

No talking head interviews, no dramatic re-enactments. Just the mission as it happened (obviously condensed), and as people experienced it. It's all archived footage and audio from the mission, exquisitely restored. Even as a long-time fan of space exploration, I learned some new things about the Apollo program. Absolutely stunning.

• Jun 23, 2019

Absolutely awe inspiring!! Must watch!!

Absolutely awe inspiring!! Must watch!!

• Jun 21, 2019

So amazing to get a glimpse at real history here! Wish they had subtitles for some part because the old audio can be hard to translate but incredible!