Apollo 18 Reviews

• Jun 22, 2020

Underdeveloped characters and some glaring plot holes prevent Apollo 18 from being a truly entertaining found-footage film regardless of some interesting element.

• May 31, 2020

watchable and scary at times but it was lacking in lots of elements to really be captivating.

• May 29, 2020

In hindsight, they should have launched the real Apollo 18 and shelved this stinker of a film.

• Nov 29, 2019

This is the kind of slow burn film that is not appreciated anymore. The tension keeps building throughout and sets you up for a tragedy ending to then give you a false sense of hope that then gives you the payoff you were anticipating. The body horror was great, you could understand the characters actions and it was as believable a movie about aliens could be since K-PAX. I went in not knowing the conspiracies theories and did not compare it to other found footage horror films. I now see the similarity to Blair Witch and it took inspiration from the Paranormal Activity sequels camera set up but it stood on its own as an effective horror science fiction experience.

• Nov 25, 2019

It had a couple moments that were pretty good but overall I wouldn't recommend it. It wasn't captivating enough. But if you're a junkie for found footage and need to see another one, you could do a lot worse than Apollo 18. On a $5M budget the film raked in $25M worldwide.

• Nov 02, 2019

the found footage technique makes the film quite dull. visuals are consequentially weak and because the narrative is very predictable, there is not much to watch. performances are fine but garbled by the confused direction.

• Oct 25, 2019

“Found footage” horror film that’s more likely to bore you to death.

“Found footage” horror film that’s more likely to bore you to death.

• Oct 03, 2019

All the other reviewers are snobs. It's not bad. The film knew what it was trying to be, which is more than I can say for many horror movies nowadays. People are saying it's a boring found footage movie because there's no cheesy over-the-top horror cliches, I guess. Anyways, give it a watch. It's honestly pretty entertaining.

• Sep 07, 2019

5/10. 53/100

5/10. 53/100

• Sep 03, 2019

i mean; i did jump a few times because *jump scares* but the rest of it was really boring.