Armadillo Reviews

• Jun 17, 2015

6/17/15 Netflix Documentaries ace Hollywood every time. This movie gives a gritty, up close no holds barred look at war and its impact on the men who participate in it. Real soldiers, real action and real emotions. The Director and Cinematographer are as courageous as the soldiers they are covering. They are right in the middle of it and the viewer can see it and feel it. Well Done!!!

• Apr 14, 2015

Frighteningly immersive, and startlingly different from a US equivalent. Powerful and significant.

• Mar 03, 2015

I thought this movie was well shot. The film avoids judgments for or against the war, and instead shows the soldiers struggling to maintain their humanity in a world filled with violence.

• Dec 24, 2014

It doesn't bother me if a documentary is staged or scripted or mostly assembled in the editing room, but it's nice when you can't tell. Even if it wasn't, this movie frequently feels staged, and the best sequence is a minimally-edited battle towards the end that maintains an extraordinary level of tension simply through the act of documenting. They're an interesting group of guys, but as the main subject doesn't appear to be very dynamic and just kind of fades into the background, there aren't any stand-out characters to latch onto and it feels a bit rambling and impersonal.

• Dec 18, 2014

Who would have thought the best war documentary of the century would be danish. Its dramatic and gripping and shot by cameramen with some serious balls!

• Sep 29, 2014

If Restrepo deserves the best credit for a military documentary. This Danish well made documentary deserves another praise of credits as these soldiers made to sacrifice their own lives for their country and their family. Though there are some scenes that they are just having fun that cause its somewhat boredom. But the insights of these soldiers are worth a watch especially when the trouble comes. You are starting to wonder how did they survive for those six months of combat.

• Apr 23, 2014

I Don't Like Documentary Films.

I Don't Like Documentary Films.

• Jan 16, 2014

Brutal front line footage following Danish soldiers in Helmand in Afghanistan. Great film, overlooked because it has English subtitles. Forget its subtitled. Your missing out if you're put out by them.

• Nov 27, 2013

Much more combat focused than Restrepo. Not as much character development as I would've liked, but excellent nonetheless.

• Nov 05, 2013

Denmark has troops in Afghanistan. Here we follow a group of soldiers during their six months in Taliban land. They are followed very closely by the camera man. In fact so close, that we duck together with him, when the machine gun fire starts.What's controversial here and has caused much debate in Denmark is the possibility of a war crime being committed, almost in front of our eyes. We can't judge, but we also see Danish soldiers being hurt and we follow the debriefing afterwards.The interesting thing is the loyalty conflict, which appears and which you will watch for yourself. Watch is war morality about? Anyway, these documentary takes us in every way nearer war conditions than most movies shown before, even from Vietnam.