Assassin's Creed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Assassin's Creed Reviews

September 19, 2017
A few interesting scenes and Fassbender is generally pretty good, but too much time is just boring fight sequences. There's some interesting concepts such as the "apple" of free will and religious control over the population, but other than that, the plot is messy.
½ September 18, 2017
One of the worst movies I have ever seen. The plot made absolutely no sense. Complete garbage. It's a shame, I really like Michael Fassbender
September 18, 2017
I didn't like it but hubby did
September 15, 2017
This could have been SO MUCH BETTER!
½ September 15, 2017
waited a long time to watch...very dissapointed
September 12, 2017
Well choreographed and good performances. Some character motivations are ill-defined, but otherwise fairly straightforward plot, while maintaining the AC vibe.
½ September 12, 2017
Great adaptation of great series
September 11, 2017
La primera vez que vi Assassin's Creed, encontré que la crítica había sido muy injusta. Le habría puesto un 50-60/100. La segunda vez que la vi, ya le encontré más sentido. Si bien cada día la nota parece bajar, bajo ningún punto de vista merece el 18% que le ponen los críticos de RT. Interesante en sus escenas de batalla, muy bien la música de Jed Kurzel, es una respetable adaptación de los juegos. No esperen ver una nominada a los Óscar y la disfrutarán.
September 9, 2017
There are no words for how horrible this piece of crap is, it has to be experienced to see for yourself. Sloppy nonsensical story, paper-thin characterization and too many fight scenes. How Jeremy Irons and Michael Fassbender got talked into this mess is beyond me.
½ September 7, 2017
a film done terribly wrong
September 7, 2017
I've played every Assassins Creed game made to date, and even I can't like this movie. It's amazing how they take a fairly simple concept and make it needlessly complex, whilst robbing us of any investment in the story or characters. The genetic memory sequences are well shot and the action is fun, but we are given no context as to who the ancestor is or why he's doing what he is. We spend far too much time in the modern era, and even that is sorely lacking in exposition or character development. More could have been done to set up the world. Who is Abstergo, the Templars, the Assassins? They have vague answers and terrible dialog choices to get these concepts across to the audience. The set up could have been done in 5 minutes, but they draw it out for an hour. I'm supremely disappointed since this was made by Ubisoft with a big budget. I can't see the sequel happening. Just sad.
September 6, 2017
Very Disjointed and confusing.
September 4, 2017
After several of the games going into the movie I was expecting more from it. They had a strong cast and the start of something amazing. Yet it fell short. It's a shame
½ September 4, 2017
Assassins Creed is a really good movie. It actually manages to tell a coherent story, which the games absolutely do not. Any fanboy that took to the internet crying, "Why don't they just make the games!? My hopes were so high; Hollywood is filled with stupid!" -- those people don't know anything about storytelling. I've played all the games, and I can tell you Ubisoft (the game publisher) doesn't know anything about storytelling either. In fact, they blatantly threw the story out after the first game in the name of profits, which explains why there are ten games -- yes TEN GAMES -- that are, at best, an insult to storytelling. They are confusing and barely tied together into one universe... Ubisoft itself probably can't explain them to anyone. I don't understand why everyone hates this movie so much. The critics seem to hate it because it dared be based off a video game, and the fanboys are just crazy people who will never admit the games don't make any sense or even come close to telling a cohesive story. The movie has a solid plot that moves at a decent pace. The action sequences are well choreographed and filmed with a deft hand. I thoroughly enjoyed it and believe it's the most intelligible story we can ever hope to get out of the Assassin's Creed "universe." Stick your nose up at it if you will, but that's why we can't have nice things/movies of creations we love. Everyone is being petty and overly critical
September 4, 2017
Have not played single CREED game, so I was pleasently suprised by the concept of the movie and the whole past vs modern worlds connecting by memories of a person.

The worlds and cusumes were well done and acting was pretty respectable.

Enjoyed the movie and it was worth a watch. Not as bad as some of the movies critics love

7.5/10 movie for me and leaves many questions about Origins of Assasins and their own personal agenda which makes me want to play the video games to learn more about thier past

Pretty decent video game to Big screen movie impressed
½ September 3, 2017
Convoluted and soulless.
September 3, 2017
Just could not even finish it...
September 3, 2017
Every scene is very very boring.
September 3, 2017
While not great, this is one of the better video game movies I've watched. I really liked the action sequences, making the parts during the Spanish Inquisition the best parts of the movie. We have great actors but they weren't given much to work with to have them develop their characters. The ending was so abrupt that it significantly brought the movie down. This does have it's ups and downs, but overall I liked it.
September 3, 2017
I really don't know what the critics, and for that case many viewers, thought this was a terrible movie. This was by far the best video game adaptation yet.
The action, the pacing, the faithfulness to the source material, the performances and the story were all spot on!
I was basically AC 1 and AC 2 in one movie. By the first 25 minutes, you knew what the plot was and where it wanted to go. The back and forth between Cal and Aguilar was portrayed flawlessly to resemble the back and forth between Desmond and Altaïr.
The Animus was portrayed differently, but it was necessary. It was to show, in dramatic fashion, the ability of the Animus that was described as the "Bleeding effect". Which was very understandable given the circumstances that the media outlets are very different.
Overall, this movie was a damn near masterpiece!! 5 well deserved stars! Those who crap on this movie literally didn't pay attention to what was happening... that's called ADD...