Assassin's Creed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Assassin's Creed Reviews

½ January 24, 2017
Absolute rubbish! Poor script, poor story, confused execution.

Fantastic effects, awesome cast.

Unfortunately the latter doesn't make up for the former
January 24, 2017
Is it really impossible to make a good videogame movie?
January 24, 2017
Es la primera película que adapta un videojuego y que esta bien echa.
January 23, 2017
AWFUL PLOT + a few cool fight scenes = NO justice to the beloved game!
January 23, 2017
I don't care what the critics say this movie was AMAZING! Not to mention the legit 125 ft leap of faith performed by Michael Fassbender's stunt double. Lots of great parkour stunts. Can't wait for the bluray!!
January 23, 2017
Assassins Creed, another film adapted from a video game that doesn't quite live up to expectations but is an improvement compared to other videogame adaptations none the less.
I like the games and was excited for this movie but what I got was average. The first 90 minutes can be slow at times and it isn't until the last 20-30 minutes things start heating up. I must admit the ending surprised me as the movie suddenly gained some life and saved it essentially. I felt that there was personally not enough time spent in the animus world, the world we spend the most time in in the games and the setting we most looked forward to. Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard are the main characters and do a good job acting with a plot that isn't so great. I did enjoy the shots of the eagle flying about, a neat nod to the video games and we did get to see the leap of faith but this was not close to enough to warrant a rating of 4 stars or higher. Assassins Creed is a well-choreographed action movie that won't wow you in theaters but is worth giving a chance.
January 23, 2017
Otro fracaso mas en las adaptaciones de videojuegos al cine. Increíble como una buena historia es convertida en algo tan aburrido y tonto la historia del videojuego no es la gran locura pero daba para mucho más. Los papeles son flojos y la historia es muy aburrida.
January 23, 2017
My brother has been playing Assassin's Creed since it was born on PS. Although locations and a bit of the story line has been optimised, this piece of rubbish this call movie has summarise the 1st 2nd and the 3rd game. I can only praise the cinematography and the colour codes. The acting was mediocre and the tag line made me cringe. "We work at night to serve the light" ummm okay...
January 23, 2017
VERY UNIQUE and a GREAT SCI-FI thriller.
January 23, 2017
Ending was very good. Could have been explained better. Obviously for people who are interested in the game so a visual masterpiece isnt necessary. However, it still stands up to being a good movie.
January 23, 2017
I honestly don't see how RottenTomatoes manages to pick out the most ridiculous critics. They are depriving many neutral-standing, possible viewers from the great experience of watching this movie (and others) by giving ridiculous, fundamentally flawed reviews. Assassin's Creed gets 5-stars from me.. the critics get 0.
January 23, 2017
As a fan of 2015's Macbeth, I was happy to see that Justin Kurzel has not lost his directorial flare. The action choreography and cinematography are impressive however some of the CGI is incredibly noticeable and the editing is all over the place. I'll praise Michael Fassbender till the end of my days but other than him and Jeremy Irons everyone else's performance is rather mediocre. Still better than Mortal Kombat...

B-
January 23, 2017
Horrible. Boring. Absolutely no sense whatsoever. When the fighting began it was very hard to tell who was which and overall was very trippy. I was expecting the best yet I got the worst. and honestly... throughout the whole movie my friend was on her phone.
½ January 22, 2017
Not great, but more enjoyable than I thought. Sadly, this isn't the worst movie I've seen this year. I'm looking at you, Independence Day Resurgence!!!!
January 22, 2017
really enjoyed it. They have converted the game's story well into a visually beautiful movie. Michael Fassbender played the role of Callum Lynch and did so very well...I went to watch the movie even though I was ill advised not to. Plesently surprised with the show I now look forward to getting the blu-ray :-) I never go on what others think of a movie with the respect we all have different opinions :-)
½ January 22, 2017
I've played every Assassin's Creed game except one, and despite all the glitches and issues within the games, it remains one of my all-time favourites. As with most movies based on video games, the main target audience is people who have actually played and enjoyed the game. I was one of those people. I went into the cinema with high hopes for Assassin's Creed, but I was extremely disappointed.

In my opinion the base appeal of the game series is that the player gets to relive history and famous events as if they were present at the time. The games spend about 10% of their storyline in the present and the rest is set in whichever historical time period you are playing. The movie was just about the opposite for me. You spend such an excessive amount of time in the present that you almost forget that the core of the story is the ability to relive an ancestor's memories. While I will say that the action sequences we did see were very well filmed and did make me imagine that I was playing along, there was a immense shortage of those sequences. Another main attraction of the Assassin's Creed games is the free-running, the fighting, the climbing... something I was hoping to see lots of. In the end we saw what, two or three instances? Absolutely not what I was hoping for.

Not the worst movie I've ever seen, but I wouldn't recommend it if you're a fan of the games, as it completely takes what we love to experience and disregards it in favour of a mostly boring psychological/moral struggle.
January 22, 2017
It was another sort of story. It could be better. No special movements as the original one. Needs work.
January 22, 2017
The movie was OK...but it should've been better. The story is already written all you have to do is put it together on film. They should've had two different actors playing, one in the animus and a different person as the ancestor. Michael is good, but they should've picked a younger actor. Desmond is in his 20's, not his 40's.
Also, They spent no time doing character development, you didn't care about any of the characters, so if they died it didn't matter.For a movie that was already planning a sequel while filming the first movie you would think that more time would be devoted to developing the characters, telling a good story. The reason that The Lord of the Rings worked out so well is because, yes the first movie was slow, little action, but they spent a lot of time telling the story to where you understood the main characters, their roles, and making you have a connection in some way.
Next, going back and forth from the animus to reality was too much. The game focused more on the past. In the game you honed your skills and lived the life of Enzio. When the Templars killed his family he sought answers and wanted revenge. This is why the early games has millions of followers...the story grabs you and pulls you in...this movie doesnt..they rushed a perfectly good story and there was no need to.