Assassin's Creed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Assassin's Creed Reviews

May 22, 2017
This movie was so boring I didn't finish watching it. The plot is practically nonexistent and the action scenes are mediocre at best. Just play the game if you have any interest in the series.
May 22, 2017
one of them films you really want to be good and unfortunately it was complete turd.. nothing much else to say really. a waste of 2 hours
½ May 22, 2017
Between 2.5 and 3. Good scenography, but the script could have been more elaborated.
½ May 21, 2017
This movie is great when it's just action. But the plot is a mess, the characters are forgettable, dialogue is painfully bad, and the actors try their best but fail horribly from Justin Kurzel's horrible direction. It may please die hard fans of the game. But for a movie, it was a complete mess.
May 21, 2017
What I expected, not Fassbenders finest moment but hopefully the sequels prove better
May 21, 2017
????? ??????? ?? ?????? ??????????? ?????, ?????? ????? ? ??????? ????? ??????? ? ?????? ???????, ?? ????????? ?? ?????? ?? ???????.
May 21, 2017
Not that bad, but another attempt to go from game to screen just doesn't work
½ May 21, 2017
Omg! Such a let down - where is the script police when you want them!
½ May 20, 2017
Well... i had my expectations about this movie very high, the movie is not bad (at all) is entertaining (yes), but if you love the video game serie, don't expect big things or references to the game (more than the obvious things: the animus, abstergo, the apple... bla bla bla), the fact is these movies have so much potential but it lacks of the soul that made the "Assassin's Creed" video game saga really great
May 20, 2017
Not as bad as the reviews have it.
May 20, 2017
Assassin's Creed is directed by Justin Kurzel, and it stars Michael Fasbender, Marion Cotillard, and Jeremy Irons in an action adventure about a son of an assassin that gets put to death, but then is saved by the Abstergo company, just so they'll use him to go back to the past from his ancestors to find the Apple of Eden. I was actually pretty interested about this movie as it seem like it's a faithful one to the games, which I've played 5 of them, although I stopped at Assassin's Creed 3. Seeing as this got negative reviews, I was just as disappointed as when I saw Warcraft get those same kind. So just like Warcraft, I just wait it out when it dies out, and then watch it so that I'll be more open-minded to the film, and in my opinion, this is actually not that bad as I enjoy this film. Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard, and Jeremy Irons are pretty good in what they offer, even if it's not all they give for the film. The effects look really good, and the action scenes are fun to watch, even though I started to agree a bit with Chris Stuckmann about how it was edited which was a bit annoying, however for the most part, I was see what was going on. Some of the shots are really good, and the stunt work is quite interesting, especially with the leap of faith. The characters are fine, although I do want more characterization to them. The story was simple to follow at first, then it started to get a bit more complicated, and it doesn't make quite sense in some aspects. When the movie does get into old ages, that's where the movie is at it's most faithful towards the video game, even if you don't know much about the characters. The writing by Michael Lesslie, Adam Cooper, and Bill Collage was fine, and the score by Jed Kurzel, who's the director's brother, was nice to listen. When there were some differences from the video games, the way they did it brought in some interesting ideas that benefit the film, even if it's gone and over with a bit too early. The main character is more tolerable to handle than Desmond Miles, but again, there wasn't much of his character that he has which makes me wonder if he's even better than Desmond. Assassin's Creed is a good film that is not quite something I come back to like Silent Hill to watch a video game adaptation done right, but it has a lot of entertainment value that I didn't hate it like a lot of people did.
May 20, 2017
Some decent performances and Fassbender's always watchable but I found it a bit disappointing. Visually and action-wise its great and maybe if I'd played it I'd have enjoyed it more.
Hatalmas csalódás. :(
½ May 19, 2017
Not bad, but the ending was lacking.
May 18, 2017
Enjoyed it, ending was a little disappointing. But over all an enjoyable film. Really would like a sequel to see what happens next.
May 18, 2017
I really liked this movie, I thought there was a great balance between past and present. It also payed homage quite well to the games with the Apple of Eden storyline.
May 18, 2017
l would lie if I said that I did not enjoy this movie. It has plenty of action, a bit of biblical mystery and some science fiction. It is a decently entertaining movie. However, I also felt a bit underwhelmed.

A less than sympathetic bum happens to be some direct ancestor to an ancient warrior belonging to a ancient secret assassins society protecting the apple of Eden. Since he is a near identical match to his ancestor he is, apparently, an ideal candidate for the evil Knights Templars to unlock ancient "genetic" memories that will help them find the apple. Yes I know, it is a bit of a scientific stretch but hey, it is a fantasy/sci-fi movie and it originates from a video game story so give it some slack.

Speaking of the video game. I have not played the game and I have no idea if the movie follows the story of the game or not which probably is a good think for this movie. What I did have a hard time with though is this nonsensical notion of the apple containing the genetic code for "free will". What a load of bullshit in so many ways!

There are a lot of quite good action and fight scenes in the movie. However most of them are flashbacks to the time of Callum's ancestor and it is not really Callum himself. It is not until the very end of the movie that Callum finally realizes his potential and gets to do some fighting in his own time. This disappointed me a bit.

Overall I felt a bit underwhelmed. The movie plodded along at an almost leisurely pace except for the outbursts of action in the flashbacks. There was not really much happening that made me interested except for the action sequences. The acting is also adequate but not more.

When Callum finally gets around to do some assassin stuff in our time it is too little too late. There is a nice fight when he and his assassin colleagues break out of the Knights Templar's facility but the final show down between the two parties is, well, bland.

It is a nice looking movie with some quite good actions scenes but as a whole it is "just" okay for me.
½ May 18, 2017
Worst fucking p12 movie I hade ever seen
May 17, 2017
A movie that continues the trend of bad video game movies and brings a bad name to action movies in general, Assassins Creed is loud, confusing, and anticlimactic.
½ May 17, 2017
Possibly the most boring movie I've seen.