Återträffen (The Reunion) Reviews

• Nov 02, 2014

thoroughly enjoyed it. a refreshing,wicked take on the subject of bullying.

thoroughly enjoyed it. a refreshing,wicked take on the subject of bullying.

• Aug 07, 2014

The plot is simple. An unpopular girl back in the days enter a reunion party and things turn out to be pretty uncomfortable. It's easy to connect it with another Scandinavian film - the brilliant "Festen", but they are still very different movies. This is first of all a powerful film that is unplesant and quite heartbreaking. It also feels very real and sadly very personal. It's a film people should learn something about. Another thing here is the pretty genious grip that happen when we enter part two of the film. I won't spoil it, but it's a really nice and original feature. A very strong debut from a promising director. I'm looking forward to more of her films, even if there is something here that makes me believe that her next one won't be of the same calibre. 8.5 out of 10 Jäger shots.

• May 01, 2014

Rather experimental although not work for me.

Rather experimental although not work for me.

• Dec 01, 2013

...elegant berättad film - genomborrande blickar på gruppen i ett skickligt och orätt utforskande av den allra fegaste sidan av oss människor som åskådliggör medvetna och medvetna hierarkier i alla strukturer och sammanhang, så som för oss alla i skolan. Sevärd! :-)

• Nov 30, 2013

This about a reunion, not from hell, but inside it. Director and script-maker Anna Odell goes there and holds a speech about her being bullied for nine years, including one of most satanic ideas sadists can find out: Making you believe they are in love with you. It of course ends in disaster. For Odell, that is. She is literally thrown out. Odell acts in the role as herself. In reality, she says she never was invited to that reunion. The party scene is however very strong and hard to watch. If you've been there yourself. But it's all fiction. So is also the second part, there Odell confronts some of her so called class mates in her studio. The reactions are interesting, but the acting not on the same level as in at the hellish first part. But what do you learn? The bullies' biggest victory is making you believe that you weren''t bullied at all.