Avatar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Avatar Reviews

December 3, 2016
overrated, great vissual effects but just boredom and ilogic
½ November 25, 2016
Avatar feels like an epic. How to define it? It's a humans vs aliens story, and in it the humans are the bad guys. It's a political statement against destroying the environment, against destroying other cultures we deem more primitive than ours, against mindlessly destroying things you don't understand, against killing the wrong tree, against careless destruction of nature, against having too much fun with and feeling too casual about war. It's a request to look at the beauty of nature with fresh eyes, to look for the little miracles.

There's also a love story here. Blue alien love. :) And, cross cultural love.

It's full of action, it's sci fi, romance, and adventure. Very well done, interesting blue makeup and computer graphics integration. Oh, and there's dragons, and the blue aliens ride the dragons!

If you want to see what a cat-human might look like, take a look.
November 24, 2016
Such an exhilarating and exciting movie with beautiful graphics and an amazing concept, can't wait to see future installments.
½ November 18, 2016
Lovely visuals, computer generated characters that work as characters and not mere visual distractions, and classily put together action make up for a narrative that can be completely and accurately summarised as sci-fi Dances with Wolves, marked by an overwhelming and overbearing urge to hammer home some rather obvious points about history (Iraq, 9/11, colonialism etc.), an insincere attempt to both decry and exult war, excessive amounts of New Age imagery and an appalling closing theme song.
November 17, 2016
Avatar is a great phenomenal film with outstanding visual effects, a really good story, and fantastic acting
valllerivanov
½ November 13, 2016
I can say only that I don't like much the movie and his ending and that is only my opinion. Otherwise it's really good made. And there's some logical things that can be shown for reasoning of the story and the last actions or middle a tions in the movie.
½ November 10, 2016
Visually stunning and action packed. Was better watching in theaters, but a must own for blu-ray
November 4, 2016
Great graphics, great story line, great actors. Where does the list end?
October 28, 2016
Avatar may have a recycled story but offers some the best visuals I have ever seen on a screen and started the 3D trends we still see today.
October 26, 2016
Great visuals, everything else is awful.
October 23, 2016
I just love this movie, showing us the underlying truth we are all connected, wheather you like it or not :)
October 17, 2016
It's kinda garden of Eden with teeth and claws.
October 16, 2016
Avatar is arguably the only movie that the more i watch it, the more i will like it and enjoy it, which is weird cause Avatar is a great film at best, maybe cause it's visual effects and it's cinematography are just breathtaking. I actually regret that i did not watch this on IMAX 3D, it would have been the greatest experience watching a movie in 3D
½ October 15, 2016
Watched when it was released on DVD and enjoyed it. Watched again last night on Blu Ray and once again enjoyed it alot. The colours of the Avatars and the forrest were absolutely amazing in Blu Ray quality. Look forward to Avatar 2.
September 23, 2016
Not that great as everyone made it out to be back when it came out, but there are circumstances which I genuinely enjoy it. So I'll leave it at that.
September 19, 2016
Some people call avatar a science fiction master piece but the characters are bland,
The story is cliched and tired but the CGI does create some jaw dropping moments not a great film just ok.â¦...
September 17, 2016
My gosh James Cameron, what have you done? You created an epic story with a transcending look at the visualization you are able to do, while also providing talent from a cast I had no intentions of caring for until watching Avatar. Easily regarded as one of the best movies I have experienced ever.
September 10, 2016
Derivative story that loses momentum toward the end, but the visual effects are stunning enough to make up for it.
September 5, 2016
Such an obvious and blatant gimmick
September 1, 2016
Este filme apesar de ter uma história pouco complexa e algo direccionada para um publico em que toda a família o supostamente deverá perceber (possivelmente para pagar os quase 400 milhões gastos), os seus efeitos especiais e visuais, atenção ao detalhe e riqueza no mundo de Pandora são por si só, material suficiente para gastar uns quantos euros no cinema. E obviamente alguns personagens são absolutamente dignos de ver, quem me dera a mim poder visitar akele planeta e todas as suas fantásticas criaturas. Não à (C) um filme revolucionário, mas já deu umas belas passadas em frente.