Avatar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Avatar Reviews

October 17, 2016
It's kinda garden of Eden with teeth and claws.
October 16, 2016
Avatar is arguably the only movie that the more i watch it, the more i will like it and enjoy it, which is weird cause Avatar is a great film at best, maybe cause it's visual effects and it's cinematography are just breathtaking. I actually regret that i did not watch this on IMAX 3D, it would have been the greatest experience watching a movie in 3D
½ October 15, 2016
Watched when it was released on DVD and enjoyed it. Watched again last night on Blu Ray and once again enjoyed it alot. The colours of the Avatars and the forrest were absolutely amazing in Blu Ray quality. Look forward to Avatar 2.
September 23, 2016
Not that great as everyone made it out to be back when it came out, but there are circumstances which I genuinely enjoy it. So I'll leave it at that.
September 19, 2016
Some people call avatar a science fiction master piece but the characters are bland,
The story is cliched and tired but the CGI does create some jaw dropping moments not a great film just ok.â¦...
September 17, 2016
My gosh James Cameron, what have you done? You created an epic story with a transcending look at the visualization you are able to do, while also providing talent from a cast I had no intentions of caring for until watching Avatar. Easily regarded as one of the best movies I have experienced ever.
September 10, 2016
Derivative story that loses momentum toward the end, but the visual effects are stunning enough to make up for it.
September 5, 2016
Such an obvious and blatant gimmick
September 1, 2016
Este filme apesar de ter uma história pouco complexa e algo direccionada para um publico em que toda a família o supostamente deverá perceber (possivelmente para pagar os quase 400 milhões gastos), os seus efeitos especiais e visuais, atenção ao detalhe e riqueza no mundo de Pandora são por si só, material suficiente para gastar uns quantos euros no cinema. E obviamente alguns personagens são absolutamente dignos de ver, quem me dera a mim poder visitar akele planeta e todas as suas fantásticas criaturas. Não à (C) um filme revolucionário, mas já deu umas belas passadas em frente.
August 31, 2016
An adventure that quickens the pulse on more than one occasion leverages majestic 3D to heighten the senses ...bringing story alive. Heavy handed message only feature holding this creature back. Look for Sam Worthington's strong performance in the lead and Sigourney Weaver playing veteran naturalist, Sigourney Weaver.
August 27, 2016
Top 5 movies of mankind
August 27, 2016
Amazing 3D and that's about it, generic David vs Goliath pick.
½ August 25, 2016
Cancer in cinematic form.
August 21, 2016
Forget Titanic. James Cameron's Avatar is a sensational visually stunning sci fi epic! Sam Worthington is awesome!
August 14, 2016
This movie was to fucking long.
August 12, 2016
I was really hoping I was going to enjoy this. It's one of those big sci-fi movies that everyone talks about and it's the type of movie that I could of enjoyed. But there was never anything that hooked me to the screen. There was never anything pining for me to keep watching it. It was way too long, it never ended and hardly anything happened in it.
½ August 12, 2016
James Cameron must be the most overrated director ever. Almost every single one of his movies are overhyped and underachieve almost every time. Avatar, supposedly the most visually spectacular film ever ends up being a boring cartoon. Literally, 2 hours of its incredibly long run time is blue CGI creatures running around a CGI world. The story is so weak its laughable. The ruthless military commander strikes again, didn't see that one coming. And since there isn't really any acting to comment on since most of the movie is a cartoon, what else is there to say. Avatar is a boring, CGI ridden movie with a laughable plot and no acting unless you count Sam Worthington moping around when he's not inside his machine. What a waste of a film.
August 11, 2016
Mesmo saindo anos depois do The Matrix,Avatar conseguiu entrar para a história dos CGs,além do seu roteiro fantástico e envolvente.
August 8, 2016