Avatar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Avatar Reviews

September 16, 2017
Avatar. Redan en klassiker. 9/10
September 11, 2017
this masterpiece of cinema gets a 82% rating while crappie movies like doctor strange, guardian of the galaxy or spider man gets a 92%.
it makes no sense at all.
September 4, 2017
I'm not a fan of this movie because it's to long of a movie
September 4, 2017
Exceptional animations and special effects that make this really enjoyable.
Above all gives a thunderous lesson that the humanity would remain at any cost.
August 27, 2017
I probably would have liked it better if James Cameron hadn't tried to compare it's status to Star Wars, a movie to which there is NO comparison! But that aside, the Avatar characters (or indigenous people) were definitely intriquing, original and interesting. The feather duster-like creatures in the forest were very cool. Zoe Saldana's performance was gritty, powerful and authentic. I loved and "felt" her character. She sizzled with passion and intensity. And there was good chemistry between her and Jake Sully. I like Sigourney Weaver, but I didn't like her in this movie. I think her role needed to be less hard-ass and someone who could draw more empathy for herself and for the indigenous people. I truly didn't care much if she died under the Aiwa tree or not. As far as originality - there truly hasn't been anything original in Sci-fi since Star Wars. All alien creatures, spaceships and cities in the sky in today's sci-fi are inspired in some manner by Star Wars - sorry but it's true. Star Wars is a landmark, benchmark, standard that will never be surpassed in my opinion. The only criticism I have of Avatar is that the violence in the end battle was a little too dark for me and I think too dark for a PG-13 rating. Way too much gun fire for a sci-fi movie. There should have been more sophisticated weapons. The movie could have been lightened up with humor and a happier ending which would have made it more enjoyable for me. There was also a very prevalent native American theme or feel about the indigenous people. I'm not sure if this was intentional by James Cameron, but it stirred up a lot of emotion about how America's native americans were treated by the white man. Overall, a good movie. The Avatar characters/beings are unique and memorable.
August 26, 2017
One Person Who Saw This When It Came Out In Theaters One Time Told Me That This Was Really Long.
August 21, 2017
This movie is so Magical in Everyway, and I'm so glad they build PANDORA: The World of Avatar only on Disney World Resort :)
August 14, 2017
Though it is one of the most beautiful movies ever made, Avatar's story is good, but generic.
August 14, 2017
The kids wanted to know what the Disney "Pandora - World of Avatar" was all about. Man, I had forgotten how good this was.
August 13, 2017
Meh, good movie. Graphics were amazing, but storyline is very jaded.
½ August 9, 2017
Good movie. Well-done.
Rating: 7.5/10.
August 9, 2017
I've been watching this movie since I was little. I loved it then, and I love it now. I absolutely LOVE the design of the Na'vi, the blue skin, the opaque white freckles, the stripes. I also love the paradise effect Pandora has. It's one of my favorite movies!
½ August 7, 2017
I liked this movie way better when it was called Dances With Wolves
August 2, 2017
Personally didn't like due to all of the cliché scenes and plot devices
August 1, 2017
This is for sure one of the best movies of all time. I was blown away when I first saw this. Everything about this movie was magical, perfectly well made, and very heartwarming. the whole journey through out the entire movie is exactly the kind of adventure we all should see and enjoy. Could not have been any better. Love it so much. It definitely should have won the Oscar for best picture.
½ August 1, 2017
i'm gonna rewatch the movie
just so incase I for some odd reason
like it
½ July 30, 2017
(D+) Although ground breaking in visual, and motion capture special effects, this movie lost me at un-obtainium. The story is not that good. The script is simple and Zoe Saldanas over acting didn't convince me of her characters struggle. It is a work of art visually, stunning, but the story needs to be compelling and believable in order to give me the emotional investment that the movie is asking for. The dialogues felt cliche and the narrative is weak and it didn't introduce any original spark in the script like it did with the visuals. The soundtrack is harmonious but as soon as the back up vocals came in, the melodic theme just felt like it was just trying. This is a movie that put a lot of effort for the visual effects at the front rather than the story.
½ July 28, 2017
Overrated and will only be famous for its groundbreaking technology.
½ July 27, 2017
This movie combines classic elements of storytelling in a new vibrant way. Although the first time you see it is stupendous, the re watches feel a little less exotic and a little more dull.
July 23, 2017
Brilliantly shot and directed, Avatar wildly succeeds as an immersive, imaginative spectacle of breathtaking visuals and exciting action adventure.