Avatar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Avatar Reviews

August 14, 2017
Though it is one of the most beautiful movies ever made, Avatar's story is good, but generic.
August 14, 2017
The kids wanted to know what the Disney "Pandora - World of Avatar" was all about. Man, I had forgotten how good this was.
August 13, 2017
Meh, good movie. Graphics were amazing, but storyline is very jaded.
½ August 9, 2017
Good movie. Well-done.
Rating: 7.5/10.
August 9, 2017
I've been watching this movie since I was little. I loved it then, and I love it now. I absolutely LOVE the design of the Na'vi, the blue skin, the opaque white freckles, the stripes. I also love the paradise effect Pandora has. It's one of my favorite movies!
August 9, 2017
One Person Told Me That This Movie Was Actually Really Long.
½ August 7, 2017
I liked this movie way better when it was called Dances With Wolves
August 2, 2017
Personally didn't like due to all of the cliché scenes and plot devices
August 1, 2017
This is for sure one of the best movies of all time. I was blown away when I first saw this. Everything about this movie was magical, perfectly well made, and very heartwarming. the whole journey through out the entire movie is exactly the kind of adventure we all should see and enjoy. Could not have been any better. Love it so much. It definitely should have won the Oscar for best picture.
½ August 1, 2017
i'm gonna rewatch the movie
just so incase I for some odd reason
like it
½ July 30, 2017
(D+) Although ground breaking in visual, and motion capture special effects, this movie lost me at un-obtainium. The story is not that good. The script is simple and Zoe Saldanas over acting didn't convince me of her characters struggle. It is a work of art visually, stunning, but the story needs to be compelling and believable in order to give me the emotional investment that the movie is asking for. The dialogues felt cliche and the narrative is weak and it didn't introduce any original spark in the script like it did with the visuals. The soundtrack is harmonious but as soon as the back up vocals came in, the melodic theme just felt like it was just trying. This is a movie that put a lot of effort for the visual effects at the front rather than the story.
½ July 28, 2017
Overrated and will only be famous for its groundbreaking technology.
½ July 27, 2017
This movie combines classic elements of storytelling in a new vibrant way. Although the first time you see it is stupendous, the re watches feel a little less exotic and a little more dull.
July 23, 2017
Brilliantly shot and directed, Avatar wildly succeeds as an immersive, imaginative spectacle of breathtaking visuals and exciting action adventure.
July 23, 2017
Incredible on all levels. Visuals, story line, character build, concept, and outside-in view of planet earth. My favourite movie of all time, up there with The Matrix.
July 21, 2017
Personally Avatar isn't one of my all-time favorites, but it's wonderful groundbreaking visual effects, and great performances that proved motion capture is so much more than animation, Avatar broke new grounds and is an amazing film.
July 19, 2017
At 83%, I'm surprised its rated so low...in my book, it is probably in the top 5 sci fi flicks of all time.
½ July 15, 2017
The technique and the images shown on the big screen are one of these which really benefit from 3-D, visually extraordinary. However, that's about it, since Cameron appears to be satisfied by this visual spectacle, not being concerned by neither the banality nor the predictability of the story told. Still, the graphic beauty and the imagination involved in 'Avatar' force me to like it, hiding its holes on other levels. Moreover, the phenomenal success of the film shows another one of its merits - manages to attract all audiences, even not sci-fi fans - a merit also due to its phenomenal budget. So, some of 'Avatar' is great, some banal, but none is bad.
July 13, 2017
CGI driven story of the battle between industry's hunger for control and expansion and the deep interconnection of all nature's beings. The globality of the story hits home in so many levels and can transcend time unless man makes significant changes to it's constant destruction of mother earth. The graphics are intricate and engaging, taking you deep into James Cameron's imaginary Pandora realm.
July 10, 2017
Truly mesmerizing and groundbreaking, Avatar more than makes up for a familiar plot with a dazzling CGI world and grand sci-fi action.