The Baby-Sitters Club Reviews

• Nov 04, 2018

awesome. if you didn't love this 90s flick as a kid something is wrong with you.

• Jul 04, 2015

feel good movie that teaches togetherness and what's right.not a gem,but not a dud either.keeps you interested.

• Jun 15, 2015

A dated children's film that does not hold up in any way! D-

A dated children's film that does not hold up in any way! D-

• Mar 29, 2015

I never read these books, but wondered if my kids would find it interesting. They didn't. Some respectable adult actors appear in the film, Brooke Adams, Bruce Davidson, Ellen Burstyn, Peter Horton and Colleen Camp. There's also Rachael Leigh Cook in her first film role following her modeling career on dog biscuit boxes. It's inoffensive and I do think it achieved exactly what it set out to do, but it didn't really have it's sights set so high.

• Jul 22, 2014

Cute story with just enough realism.

Cute story with just enough realism.

• Alice S Super Reviewer
    Jun 01, 2014

Having religiously read the book series but not having seen the original television show, I thought this VHS goodie was the funnest thing EVAR: with the bass-slapping, clap-happy music; the cutesy, chaste romance; the delicious mean girl villain played by throwing-shade-like-it's-her-job Marla Sokoloff; and the all-star cast of 90s dream queens who were playing thirteen but were actually in their mid-teens but looked like they were in their late teens :~P Upon watching half a hot mess episode of the television show (which just went off Netflix), with its age-accurate, plain-faced kid-vid actresses, I had to pop in my new DVD to revel in the shine and glory of its Hollywood treatment. The exposition and dialogue are indeed hokey at times, but the main summer camp plot and the subplots of Kristy's ne'er-do-well dad coming back and Stacey's flirtation with older Luca are really quite inspired and deftly intertwined, in a narrative sense. The adult actors are also very good without pulling focus. My teen girl crushes of Rachael Leigh Cook, Larisa Oleynik, and Bre Blair are still sweet, effervescent, and glamorous, respectively. I also found bonehead Alan Gray, played by now-off-the-radar Aaron Michael Metchik, inexplicably attractive. Schuyler Fisk, whom I grew to love in "i'm reed fish," anchors the movie with her tough yet vulnerable tomboy-with-an-impressive-if-underdeveloped-streak-of-second-wave-feminism.

• Jul 31, 2013

Awesome movie from a great book series I love. Mallory and Claudia are my favourite characters. This is so underrated. Stacey: I'm 13, he's 17. Kristy: That's ancient!

• Apr 30, 2013

But like 7 stars, in my heart.

But like 7 stars, in my heart.

• Jan 22, 2013

Why in the wild, wild world did I watch this movie!? This was an incredibly uninspired movie that amounts to nothing better than an extended TV pilot. The problems in the film aren't hefty enough and at least two of the girls are barely utilized. I wouldn't have minded another adventure with this cast and a better story. Did I just say I wanted a sequel? Yowza!

• Nov 02, 2012

This was one of my favorite movies when I was younger, and it still is!

This was one of my favorite movies when I was younger, and it still is!