Bazodee Reviews

• Nov 06, 2018

Fantastic film! Very funny, and you really feel for the characters. A great feel good movie with amazing music.

• Jul 19, 2018

fun movie with a lot of soca.

fun movie with a lot of soca.

• Jun 01, 2018

Absolutely love the music my children love all the singing and dancing. Very good movie.

• Nov 19, 2016

love love loved this movie...if you a soca junkie you will love it too...even the guys liked it....want more.

• Sep 23, 2016

Overall an enjoyable movie with tremendous potential to showcase Trinidad its Carnival and Indo-Caribbean culture. I especially loved the underlying theme of unity through the mixing of our musical culture. The bollywood flavour is a sound basis to launch Machel's journey into movie fame and fortune and fits well with some of his most memorable pieces like "Unity".

• Sep 19, 2016

Seeing this film through the eyes of a patriotic Trinidadian, I left the (Imax-thanks for supporting local content) cinema with an overall sense of happiness and pride. This film used established "soca" music to create a romantic storyline set in the annual carnival season. Not unlike how today's Broadway musicals use established music to construct contrived storylines to come up with a show. Case and Point, Mama Mia. The film can also be compared to the Bollywood genre of film making. Well-to-do girl falls in love with down trodden guy, against the family's wishes. We always seem to love the right people at the wrong time. But the movie itself, kept me entertained with the pulsating music of Machel Montano. The cinematic quality of the film was luxe and Trinidad and Tobago looked great. The casting was adequate and believable. I truly believed Anita was a Trini girl, her fiancee was dreamy, one brother nerdy while the other brother was "anal" and conniving. " Of course the supporting cast all did a pretty decent job. Well done.. Proud to support local film. Go see it.

• Aug 07, 2016

Loved the authenticity and message in this movie. Awesome music and a real slice of trinbago flavor

• Aug 06, 2016

What a wonderful movie I highly recommend it I couldn't keep my booty still in my seat and I couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear watching this film. I hope there is a part 2 and a soundtrack

• Aug 06, 2016

Enjoyed it!!! It is a love movie with a Caribbean flavor.. Loved the music and humor..

• Aug 04, 2016

music and scenes were great but the story had a million holes. acting by Machel and lead female were good overall the acting was corny. music is the what kept this movie going.