Beautiful Creatures - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beautiful Creatures Reviews

August 13, 2016
C+

An honest effort at trying to jump in on the YA novels into movies train. The acting was fine from everyone, the effects were decent(nothing really special). The plot was a little been there, seen that, and the script wasn't really doing the movie any good either. Overall the movie just seemed generic, but it had likable characters and a feel good campy feel, but also falls short due to a generic plot, and a weak script.
July 28, 2016
This movie stands at 75% positive with me, I think it deserves a sequel even if the later books get trickier. One thing I have to say about this is it has an AMAZING soundtrack. And I mean it really is, my dad bought the CD and he loves it too. It fits so well with the story let alone the visuals. The band is called the New No. 2 I believe. As for story it looks like another Twilight (I know I wasn't too hyped) but this story actually works and has decent actors. At first I will admit that I laughed at it in the beginning (especially when Ethan is singing in the car lol) and didn't expect much but it exceeded my expectations throughout. It is not a perfect film by far and I don't like the idea of witches but at least they try and redeem themselves and defeat the evil ones. I will admit that I never read the book (sorry I never even heard of it until I saw the movie) but it was something that I would watch a sequel especially if it had the same people making the score.
½ June 26, 2016
Beautiful Creatures is sort of dulll, the romance was decently told, not bad performance. However, it was trying to hard to be Twilight.
May 8, 2016
Rotten Tomatoes get's it wrong again. Beautiful Creatures is not a watered down Twilight wanabe. Granted it has a few story holes and has some trouble explaining or justifying plot situations, but for all it's faults, I find it a much more romantic story than Twilight and it has some top notck acting from Jeremy Irons and Emma Thompson, not to mention a real lovable and a far more believable quemistry between the main couple played by Alice Englert and Alden Ehrenreich. I enjoyed it from star to finish. I give it 4 stars ?????
April 4, 2016
A very interesting romantic movie!
March 25, 2016
Why did they film it so dark? Yes I get the metaphor, but I'd like to bae able to actually see the sets. I liked the ending, and there is something curiously attractive about the male lead.
March 24, 2016
Dull, confusing and with a very uninteresting main character, Beautiful Creatures is represents the low end of supernatural-romance stories.
February 20, 2016
Really cheesy and embarrassing to watch, I thought it would be a lot better.
½ January 5, 2016
The only thing worse then the story is the acting with accents so artificial and exaggerated it makes the film almost impossible to watch. The worst in the faze of hollywoods attempts to cash in on the current trend of supernatural YA adaptations.
½ December 1, 2015
Once you get past the book/movie differences it's a pretty darn good film. Gotta love that Southern charm!
½ October 14, 2015
This teen gothic drama got no love at all in the theatres, and despite its no-name leads, muddled southern accents, and liberties taken from the books (which I haven't read), it's still achingly romantic with equal parts sass, lore, and sacrifice. Ethan, a southern gentleman and scholar, dreams of a life outside Gatlin, SC, but when he falls for the town's new social pariah, Lena, a "caster" who will almost certainly be claimed by the dark side on her eighteenth birthday, he is determined to save her soul through love.

Alden Ehrenreich and Alice Englert's push-and-pull chemistry is remarkably sensual. Ehrenreich really shines as the squinty shucksidoodles Ethan, exhibiting folksy humor and revealing unexpected depth in the scene where Macon hexes him to plot out his disappointment of a future. Emmy Rossum is also a devilish vixen, especially in her claiming scene. Emma Thompson seems utterly out of place, seeming neither southern enough nor glamorous enough.
September 28, 2015
I liked the movie I just wish that there had been a good battle sequence between Lena and her mother .
September 25, 2015
I don't like fucking horror movies because I've never been a piece of shit, so I didn't want to see this. But that Twist movie Alden Ehrenreich - what is this motherfucker a HITLER BOY? REICHS! FUCK - I liked that movie! Beautiful Creatures is different but he basically plays the same man. Emmy Rossum makes me feel my balls again.
September 25, 2015
Cool scenes here and there, though similar to Twilight.
August 11, 2015
A lot was changed from book to film, that it was almost like a completely different story. I really liked these books so I got my hopes up about this movie and I was disappointed in the end. The cast is solid, though; Jeremy Irons & Viola Davis are always great and Emmy Rossum was a serious scene stealer, but Emma Thompson. My God, you can see on screen how much fun she was having, I loved her performance. The best thing about this. Otherwise, this is such a shame! :(
July 8, 2015
Jeremy Irons makes this movie watchable but for anything else watch Harry Potter.
June 23, 2015
Loved it. A more awesome version of classic good vs evil movies.
½ June 12, 2015
Incredible story and movie. Seemed to me to be a combo of components from True Blood and Twilight Saga, and every bit as good. Loved it.
½ June 7, 2015
Very strange. Not sure how I felt about it.
June 4, 2015
What a strange book and what an even stranger movie!