Beautiful Creatures Reviews

• Apr 29, 2019

It's okay, I enjoyed the casting and the ending was done pretty well. It's not a movie I think I'll ever watch again, but I feel like I haven't wasted my time by watching it. If you like witchy romance stuff, give it a shot!

• Apr 19, 2019

I liked it, widh they make a sequel

I liked it, widh they make a sequel

• Apr 13, 2019

I dislike this movie. It has no real correlation to the book, and focuses more on the magic and mystery and doesn't show too much of the romance. Where is the part where Lena and Ethan cannot be together because of an electric shock. Macon cannot leave because he is an Incubus, he could not have placed a Binding spell unless he had the Book of Moons. He is a very badass character, and I do give credit to Lena explaining that her dad died in a fire, very vaguely, but that is credit where credit is do. In order for the to make Beautiful Darkness, they would HAVE to remake the movie. For people that haven't read the book, this movie would be good for you. One and a half stars, that's being generous.

• Apr 10, 2019

Had some frustrating elements, wasn't original, but was overall enjoyable for what it was trying to do.

• Feb 20, 2019

Great movie! Highly entertaining! Netflix better pick it up or do something with it!

• Jan 25, 2019

An awful attempt at making the story into a motion picture. I absolutely loved the books, but I don't know how I even made it through the movie. Probably just to see if they got anything right. Spoiler: they didn't.

• Jan 21, 2019

I usually give credit where credit is due. I never like to hate on movies, and like to look at the positives. There are definitely good things, like the haunting and mysterious first act, and the lead actor Alden Ehrenreich (a.k.a. young Han Solo). But everything else... I must say... is pretty awful. It comes across as this cheesy, cliched YA movie. It also doesn't help that this movie makes absolutely no sense. It's really bad. It can't even be enjoyed as a "so bad it's good movie", because it's just competent enough, not to be completely ridiculous. So you're not even entertained, you're just bored. I think this may be my least favorite film of all time

• Jan 09, 2019

Apparently, the book (series!?) this is adapted from was written on a dare in just twelve weeks, which may explain the formulaic, derivative, uninspired narrative---basically TWILIGHT, but Southern gothic rather than Seattle sub-pop alt-rock---but nothing can explain the menagerie of bad accents and campy performances.

• Dec 20, 2018

I watched this movie a few years after it came out. Ever since I watched it I have wanted to love that Ethan and Lena have. This is my second favorite movie. I highly recommended you to read the books too. I absolutely love this movie! I have seen it over and over again (20+) times lol.

• Dec 07, 2018

If it followed the book, it would've been better. A friend got me into the books and I loved them; when this movie came out, I was excited to watch it. And when I did, unfortunately, it made me mad, and it still does. Not a bad movie by itself but, yeah.