-b A Beautiful Mind - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Beautiful Mind Reviews

September 27, 2016
Very good movie. About a man with problems, that need to be solved. Profound, and touching film.
September 25, 2016
Well, I never saw that twist coming. It takes a great talent for an actor to go from a gladiator to a professor, but Crowe nailed both. Top supporting cast too.
September 18, 2016
Gorgeous movie with an extremely well acted performance by Russel Crowe. Not to mention the touching love story of the movie in the center of which is beautiful Jennifer Connelly.
½ September 7, 2016
If you don't mind the fact that this Oscar-winning biography alters the real story considerably, it will certainly be a wonderful experience. Full review on filmotrope. com
September 3, 2016
Me parece una excelente película, las actuaciones son increíbles, Rusell Crowe hace nuevamente una actuación extraordinaria, al igual que sus compañeros, Jennifer Connelly, Paul Bettany, Ed Harris... la relación de amor está creada de una forma creíble y es bonita, se siente una emoción de tristeza y alegría durante toda la película, muchos sentimientos encontrados.
August 27, 2016
Well acted by Crowe and Connelly. But it's the story I have a problem with. Nash was a brilliant mathematician. I would have to find out more about his theories, the way he thought, the way he thought up his brilliant theories. The real thinking process. Instead of that, the movie is a bit too superficial too my taste. The movie doesn't really take Nash' point of view. Instead, it paints Nash as a bit of a weirdo who causes dramas. It's not his mind we get to see, but a bit weirded out interpretation of his person by other people. That was a bit frustrating to watch. It was a good movie, it just wasn't what I had hoped it would be.
½ August 19, 2016
A great mix between a classic love story and informative take on mental illness, this film delivers on every level.
August 3, 2016
"A Beautiful Mind" captures a great tone throughout, and is well-performed and beautifully scored.
½ August 2, 2016
Russell Crowe gives a subtle, highly effective performance in the contrived yet sensitive "A Beautiful Mind".
July 25, 2016
Great movie! Watched it with my girlfriend... Or did I?!?!
June 26, 2016
Crowe does a great job as his character struggles with his condition.
½ June 18, 2016
A Beautiful Mind is a clichd Best Picture winner with excellent performance as well as some moving and some very romantic scenes, but the editing is clumsy, the structure is very problematic, the third act is awfully prolonged and the movie is just too much by the numbers. It is definitely solid, but far from great and quite overrated.
June 9, 2016
Finally watched this movie! To be honest, I was disappointed near the end when everything took on a slower pace and there are moments I thought was dragged on and too cheesy. Nevertheless, this film tells an amazing story of the triumph and struggles of a brilliant mind.
June 8, 2016
With strong character development and a stellar performance from Russell Crowe, A Beautiful Mind leaves it mark as one of the best movies ever about the effects of Schizophrenia and the real mind behind it. Just an absolutely shocking movie.
May 31, 2016
While not completely accurate to the story of John Nash, this film does an admirable job of making the audience feel what being schizophrenic is like.
May 31, 2016
A very intriguing film where insight into how a person with schizophrenia actually sees the world.
May 29, 2016
"A Beautiful Mind" is a beautiful film telling an emotional love story combined with intense sequences exploring the effects of schizophrenia.
½ May 17, 2016
It was a good and interesting movie, but I feel like it got predictable in some areas. It wasn't anything completely original, but it is definitely a worthwhile watch.
April 24, 2016
A Beautiful Mind (2001) ???
Interesting drama about John Nash (Russel Crowe), an antisocial but brilliant mathematician who accepts secret work in cryptography, but this makes his life a living nightmare because nothing is what is seems. Engrossing drama (based on Sylvia Nasar) with a completely unpredictable (and satisfying) twist. Crowe is good as always, but Jennifer Connelly is exceptional, in an Academy Award winning performance. Faithful, original, well made . . . but a bit overrated. Picture, Director and Screenplay also won Oscars.
April 12, 2016
Fantastic acting, plot and visuals. Really showed what it is like to be schizophrenic as well as how it feels to love someone with it.