Bee Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bee Movie Reviews

½ August 19, 2017
Silly and entertaining. (First viewing - In my early twenties)
½ August 18, 2017
it was ok and id choose ok over bad
August 15, 2017
its. a. great. movie
August 14, 2017
The bee movie is one of those "So bad that it's good" kinda movies. The story is really weird, yet hilarious.
August 10, 2017
This is a really enjoyable movie with an interesting premise and a lot of clever jokes. You can also tell how much heart went in to it. Sure, it's a kids movie, and sometimes it feels like it. Not to mention the often awkward human character designs. But in the end, I really liked this flick, while definitely BEEing older than the target audience.
August 8, 2017
Laughable moments and a cool premise are mostly enough to contain a rather weird and mostly dull animated adventure.
August 3, 2017
you like jazzzzzz?????
½ August 3, 2017
A smart and original story that focus on: How is to be a BEE? It's another great comedy in DreamWorks' canon with good messages behind it and funny moments between the interaction of Bees with Humans, specially between Barry and Vanessa!

|It's an 8,5 out of 10|
½ August 1, 2017
Ya like jaaaaaaaaazzz?

The Bee Movie might have great memes but the movie actually isn't as bad as most people think. Great animation maybe even for 2007. Sure the story is extremely stupid with how a woman dumped his husband for a bee. But The Bee Movie jokes are extremely clever at times and the characters are likable except the woman. She is dumb. The Bee Movie is not as great as most of the Dreamworks films, but I would find it as enjoyable movie.
July 23, 2017
it was a cute movie with good acting and an excellent cast but i thought the plot was sub par and i do not really care for seinfeld that much as a movie actor either
½ July 20, 2017
The animation looks like my cat's puke and the story is so odd I had to take breaks. Its so awful and why did Dreamworks even think this was a good idea?
July 17, 2017
Funny and strange, this film is about Vanessa's struggles with zoophilia
July 8, 2017
This might be a very unpopular opinion, but I really thought Bee Movie was a great and entertaining movie. It certainly has its flaws but it is really good altogether.

The story is mediocre because it has a ridiculous premise about suing the human race for stealing the honey of the bees. However, this movie does give a lesson about bees and why they are important to the world. Without bees, the flowers will never be colorful. Add the fact that the humor is solid overall and the story is just ok.

Dreamworks has always been great with animation and Bee Movie is no exception. First, the backgrounds are unique because there aren't many films that look into a bee hive this in depth. When the bees first go to Central Park, the background is breathtaking. The character animation is also really smooth on the bees. The human animation for some of them might be somewhat cartoony but the overall design of the humans is realistic. The only complaint here is that the character design outside of the humans is not great and looks a little weird. But even still the animation is great.

I'll be brief on the characters because they are a little generic and unoriginal, but thanks to the voice cast, they make them more memorable. Jerry Seinfeld does do a great job as Barry. He has a great cause because he experiences what humans do with bees when he visits the honey farm. Vanessa is more of a love interest that dumps her boyfriend for a bee. She is weird but I don't mind her at all. Adam is more of the best friend and supporter of Barry. He is more aware of Barry's cause and wants to prevent him from being seen from humans. Everyone else has a minor role at best. My favorite character is Ken because Patrick Warburton brings a lot of energy and excitement to the character, making him memorable.

Bee Movie sounds ridiculously stupid on paper, but in execution, it actually works beautifully. Although the story in general could be improved, the beautiful animation, the humor, and great voice performances save Bee Movie altogether. It is becoming more popular because of internet memes and makes the movie more memorable. I definitely recommend this to Seinfeld fans and kids because both of these groups will love this movie. It is on Netflix right now if anyone is interested. This is definitely underrated as an animated movie. I congratulate Dreamworks for making a very memorable movie even though the story is not very good.
June 6, 2017
Great voice actors, and it has become a meme, so it's 20x better! Sometimes the animation can look weird at points but l think it was solid animation for 2007. But plot is weird, when Barry wins in court he bans all the honey being made in bee farms, but then that screws up nature and he needs all the bees to help, I can see why this is a kids film, the plot is very child like and that's why I'm confused, I would think that there could have been a better plot but none the less I think it was a good movie!
June 1, 2017
An uninspired and unmemorable plot condemn Bee Movie to endless facebook memes.
May 30, 2017
I think Jerry Seinfelds superior acting methods really shine in this film. He truly is the only reason I'm rating this 5/5 stars
May 21, 2017
Bee Movie (2007) Has a very out there premise and it sounded very odd for a movie plot, but it's execution is surprisingly charming and on top of that, it has a lot of creative ideas and interesting subjects that I was surprised this movie tackled on. The story has it's high points but also it's low points. One thing that was a little distracting to me is the random pop culture references and jokes. Not all of them were bad but I didn't think a lot of those moments were really thought out that well. Sometimes it felt like the jokes were being slammed in my face and trying to say "Hey this is a current thing and it's recognizable to you, so you must laugh. Despite it's forced jokes, The movie actually has a very likable variety of set pieces. The way they set up New Hive City is very imaginative and I loved every aspect of how creative Dreamworks got with the concept of bees by putting their own spin on the subject. I also really liked the subplot of Barry sueing the humans for the rights to the honey that he claims belongs to the bees, only for him to discover how much honey means to the entire world a few days later after winning the case. It's not "Pixar" level good but I still felt it really touched on many interesting subjects that have to relate to bees and pollination. The Characters are very likable and all of them have incredible voice talent behind them. They basically set the tone for the movie as a friendly goofy fun adventure which works very well. Barry is a good hearted wise cracker, Adam is a supportive best friend character, Vanessa is a sweet and helpful to her bee friends and even some of the side characters like Mooseblood and Montgomery have their moments of standing out. The animation has a wide range of incredible scenery, especially when it comes to having fun with the size and scope of the many places this movie visits. I love the many contraptions used in the hive to make the honey and I also like how the motion is animated as it feels fast and very sharp in detail. The colors are very vibrant and soft both in the hive and even in some scenes in New York City. just watching the magic of bees making the honey was very eye popping for me. The music has a fun and smooth like melody that is very likable and kinda catchy. My personal favorite is when they are using the music to match the mood of when the bees are pollinating from the flowers or when the honey is being produced over at Honex. There's also a featured song called "Here come the sun", It's a rendition sung by Sheryl Crow and I admittedly really enjoy it. While i don't like this movie as much as I did when I was younger, I still have to admit that it has very creative ideas, a likable cast and very humble music. I know this movie has been getting a cult following (Even though it's weird how they're showing it) and wouldn't blame them cause there are still a few things that this movie has shown that just stuck with us. I think I should give the Bee movie exactly what it deserves (B)
May 17, 2017
Forgot the plot in 10 minutes
May 2, 2017
A cinematic master piece, I was brought to tears
May 1, 2017
Jerry Seinfeld plays a litigious bumblebee, out to reclaim honey profits from the humans, in this animated entry from Dreamworks. It's odd that this was so deep into the studio's career (fifteenth in their catalog, just after Shrek the Third) because the CGI is terribly dated, a major handicap. It's often downright difficult to look at (particularly in scenes with human characters) and there's nothing in the plot to make up that slack. No stinger, no sizzle, no emotional hook and shockingly few laughs, considering Seinfeld is one of the co-writers. An early teaser trailer might have tread too close to home in ribbing "this is what he picks to follow the TV series?" Watery and hollow, it's a boring story that constantly stretches to cram in weird, vacuous bee and honey references. Like the segment with "Bee Larry King." That's literally the entire joke; a bee with big glasses, suspenders, hunched shoulders and a map of lights behind him. Is there another level to this that I'm just not getting? Pointless, helpless and pitiful, it was a struggle to finish.