Bee Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bee Movie Reviews

½ June 22, 2017
Silly and entertaining. (First viewing - In my early twenties)
June 6, 2017
Great voice actors, and it has become a meme, so it's 20x better! Sometimes the animation can look weird at points but l think it was solid animation for 2007. But plot is weird, when Barry wins in court he bans all the honey being made in bee farms, but then that screws up nature and he needs all the bees to help, I can see why this is a kids film, the plot is very child like and that's why I'm confused, I would think that there could have been a better plot but none the less I think it was a good movie!
June 1, 2017
An uninspired and unmemorable plot condemn Bee Movie to endless facebook memes.
May 30, 2017
I think Jerry Seinfelds superior acting methods really shine in this film. He truly is the only reason I'm rating this 5/5 stars
May 21, 2017
Bee Movie (2007) Has a very out there premise and it sounded very odd for a movie plot, but it's execution is surprisingly charming and on top of that, it has a lot of creative ideas and interesting subjects that I was surprised this movie tackled on. The story has it's high points but also it's low points. One thing that was a little distracting to me is the random pop culture references and jokes. Not all of them were bad but I didn't think a lot of those moments were really thought out that well. Sometimes it felt like the jokes were being slammed in my face and trying to say "Hey this is a current thing and it's recognizable to you, so you must laugh. Despite it's forced jokes, The movie actually has a very likable variety of set pieces. The way they set up New Hive City is very imaginative and I loved every aspect of how creative Dreamworks got with the concept of bees by putting their own spin on the subject. I also really liked the subplot of Barry sueing the humans for the rights to the honey that he claims belongs to the bees, only for him to discover how much honey means to the entire world a few days later after winning the case. It's not "Pixar" level good but I still felt it really touched on many interesting subjects that have to relate to bees and pollination. The Characters are very likable and all of them have incredible voice talent behind them. They basically set the tone for the movie as a friendly goofy fun adventure which works very well. Barry is a good hearted wise cracker, Adam is a supportive best friend character, Vanessa is a sweet and helpful to her bee friends and even some of the side characters like Mooseblood and Montgomery have their moments of standing out. The animation has a wide range of incredible scenery, especially when it comes to having fun with the size and scope of the many places this movie visits. I love the many contraptions used in the hive to make the honey and I also like how the motion is animated as it feels fast and very sharp in detail. The colors are very vibrant and soft both in the hive and even in some scenes in New York City. just watching the magic of bees making the honey was very eye popping for me. The music has a fun and smooth like melody that is very likable and kinda catchy. My personal favorite is when they are using the music to match the mood of when the bees are pollinating from the flowers or when the honey is being produced over at Honex. There's also a featured song called "Here come the sun", It's a rendition sung by Sheryl Crow and I admittedly really enjoy it. While i don't like this movie as much as I did when I was younger, I still have to admit that it has very creative ideas, a likable cast and very humble music. I know this movie has been getting a cult following (Even though it's weird how they're showing it) and wouldn't blame them cause there are still a few things that this movie has shown that just stuck with us. I think I should give the Bee movie exactly what it deserves (B)
May 17, 2017
Forgot the plot in 10 minutes
May 2, 2017
A cinematic master piece, I was brought to tears
May 1, 2017
Jerry Seinfeld plays a litigious bumblebee, out to reclaim honey profits from the humans, in this animated entry from Dreamworks. It's odd that this was so deep into the studio's career (fifteenth in their catalog, just after Shrek the Third) because the CGI is terribly dated, a major handicap. It's often downright difficult to look at (particularly in scenes with human characters) and there's nothing in the plot to make up that slack. No stinger, no sizzle, no emotional hook and shockingly few laughs, considering Seinfeld is one of the co-writers. An early teaser trailer might have tread too close to home in ribbing "this is what he picks to follow the TV series?" Watery and hollow, it's a boring story that constantly stretches to cram in weird, vacuous bee and honey references. Like the segment with "Bee Larry King." That's literally the entire joke; a bee with big glasses, suspenders, hunched shoulders and a map of lights behind him. Is there another level to this that I'm just not getting? Pointless, helpless and pitiful, it was a struggle to finish.
May 1, 2017
Though it does have sort of a weird premise, the humor, great CGI, great voice casting, as well as a decent story saves this film from being any bad at all.
April 29, 2017
The best film to ever exist. Ever.
April 24, 2017
Wow, what an odd, odd, film. This is one of those films that has an absolutely star studded cast, and tries to be the most frenetic, in your face, over the top animated film ever. However, it tries so hard that it becomes tiring. That's why Seinfeld and other over the top animated films like Shrek and Hoodwinked! worked. They were incredibly hysterical, but they just didn't show evidence of trying too hard, which is what made them succeed. It's not to say that you won't laugh once, or even that the laughs are few and far between. It's just that there's other better, funnier animated films out there. Only watch it out of sheer curiosity of Jerry Seinfeld acting in a feature length film.
April 22, 2017
Stupid movie, with bad writing and poor voice acting creates some of the dumbest memes ever... makes sense.
April 22, 2017
I honestly don't understand the hate towards this clever film. A movie about bees that actually sends out a positive message to kids. How is there so much hate? And it is actually really funny. Some scenes are so unexpected and hilarious (like when her plane crashes into the rock ledge ) the lines are clever and had a lot of adult humor. Very cute and entertaining the whole way through. Gives you the bees perspective in a humorous way. Move on from the basic bit** "Frozen" hype and give this movie a try.
½ April 16, 2017
This movie was the most awful thing that's ever been committed to film. I have no idea who the audience for this was. I can suspend my disbelief, but this whole film literally had no consistency from scene to scene.
April 16, 2017
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.
½ April 15, 2017
background noise but enjoyable as such.
April 15, 2017
This is the best film and has the best memes 100%
April 14, 2017
I honestly find this 100% hilarious and always did, even before the internet turned it into a meme.
½ April 12, 2017
All I have to say is... this movie is complete and utter trash.
April 10, 2017
When life out here is always fast when what we do is move fast and work fast when we work as a large team. When we see life here has to be ready gor all challenges we face to be faster then our competition humans. When we see our life right in front of our eyes to see things slowly when reality conflicts with dreams. When we see life all have a purpose that keeps the hive system moving fast when we are all assigned a duty. When we rather fly fast with other bees we see are more like us. When jobs are going fast when some people are happy with their job, that we need to pick something. When others don't see us as anything else but what job is assigned to us to soar past what slows us down and reach new heights where the sky is blue and there is much more then meet the eye. When we see an intricate system of what gives us the stuff we need, we see we are dealing with super smart fast bees that know how nature works. What what we don't see or don't know could slow us down aswell our team when we drift and go places we are not supposed to go. When what we don't know could do more then slow us but kill us. When we see some people take the time to understand us when we both have busy fast life's but don't ever have the time or ever get long. When somethings we don't know we naturally see ourselves slow and admire fast things whom take the time to know us and be-friend. When we see we move fast with some people when we naturally click and get along. When we can't see why somethings why our mind us slow and nor open to the thought. When life moves fast that we naturally move with it or against it. When we think we found that someone yo spend our life with we move fast. When life presents it's challenges in whom we accept around we see others slow to close and put and end to such company. When we see there are companies that exploit or make their own branded honeys we see others move faster then we do. When we need to see clearly to better our vision to move forward. When we need to see and end of such injustice to slow those on their tracks. When we see we are faster then we look when we put 2 and 2 together faster when we have a lead. When we see somethings are bigger then it looks when we see how fast how others can exploit somethings that are slow, dumb and weak. When we see that we need to make others see that we are slow when we are the one's being shut off from the world. When we see that our world is faster then meets the eye when we have similar world's when we are world's apart. When somethings we see that lasts the test of time and open to everyone faster or slow when the law weights in. When we see others are smooth fast talkers that doesn't imply to us when we are bees and others are humans. When we see that life has their misunderstandings, unclarity, injustices that we don't see but need to see when the law doesn't like to be slow when injustices reign over the world. When we see we are slow when anyone can make a mistake and life is full of them when somethings out wit us with how fast they know us & life they exploit. When we see how fat we are when there is no mistake when life are going on living a lie, exploited and taken for granted that we take a stand. When we see we move fast when somethings we never saw we were doing we do now when we give those the life they wish and deserve.

When what we see makes us slow when we font know the consequences of our actions to see our views are too an injustice to people's livlihood when they help life move fast with it and us around. When we see we got to move fast to make other things grow fast and back to normal. When we see we are slowed down and side tracked to need help fast by unluckily source of bee power. When we see some plans we work out fast and last minute do work out with fast acting workers that want what we like to see. When life has its purpose and others see we are fast and ready for what we didn't see before. When we see life is well balanced when we all move at the same speed together.