Beetlejuice Reviews

• 18h ago

Tim Burton's now classic comedy-horror film has stood the test of time. The spirits of a deceased couple are harassed by an unbearable family that has moved into their home, and hire a malicious spirit to drive them out. Hilarious at every opportunity and with a great performance by Michael Keaton, Burton's bizarre imagery complements the plot and all his ideas for the world of the dead are worth a further look into. It was funny and entertaining from beginning to end.

• Alexandria
    23h ago

Always have love the movie, really happy I was able to see it on the big screen for the first time.

• 1d ago

One of my favorite comedies of all time! I watch it over & over! A must see!

One of my favorite comedies of all time! I watch it over & over! A must see!

• Ray
    4d ago

I farted in the theater it stunk and people puked

I farted in the theater it stunk and people puked

• KERI M
    Oct 10, 2019

Love it! One of my all time favorite movies!!!!

Love it! One of my all time favorite movies!!!!

• Oct 07, 2019

Review: ‘Beetlejuice' is an American comedy-horror film directed by Tim Burton. These types of movie are what I wish Tim Burton would have stuck to and wish he did more of. This movie hit right home with me with the creepy Halloween feel, but also being a comedy that you could watch with the family. Yes, it has some moments of coarse language and some overly creepy scenes, but overall, I would say it's a holiday classic for the family to enjoy. The plot revolves around a recently deceased young couple (Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis) who become ghosts haunting their former home, and an obnoxious, devious poltergeist named Betelgeuse (Michael Keaton) from the Netherworld who tries to scare away the new inhabitants (Catherine O'Hara, Jeffrey Jones, and Winona Ryder) permanently. The acting may take some getting used to when watching a Tim Burton movie like this. It's well done in the case that the actors don't take you out of the movie and play all of there characters very well. But it's done in a way that is structure to the story that Tim Burton specifically wants to tell and it's original to its stories. The acting in this movie wasn't as play-like as some others are, but it sill didn't feel like I was watching a typical movie. I'm not trying to make this out to be a bad thing at all, I love the way I feel when watching these movies, it makes it feel more personal that the director wants to be different and have his characters stand out. My personal favorite in the film has to be Michael Keaton's portrayal of Betelgeuse, which I suppose is a good thing considering the name of the film. The way he can come off to be a complete dick, but also being super charismatic when trying to get what he wants to fantastic. Also, not to give anything away, but there is a wedding scene at the end of the movie and is amazing. One thing that could have been turned into a negative and made this movie out to be called dated it the fact that they use stop motion when trying to do CGI, but I love it. Not only was it because of the age of this film, but it's Tim Burton M.O. All it did was turn a Tim Burton movie and make it feel more like his. Overall, this is a Halloween movie that is on my list to watch every year. I think anyone can enjoy this movie for what it really is. 4.5/5

• Oct 06, 2019

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice BEETLEJUICE

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice BEETLEJUICE

• Aug 22, 2019

Arguably Tim Burton and Micheal Keaton at their best. Burton's signature style is defined more so in this film than any other. Unlike many other works of Burton's, Beetlejuice doesn't suffer from Port pacing in the second half and maintains it's fun with outrageous charisma and creative flow. An infitinitly rewatchable movie with it's uniqueness transcending age groups and can be appreciated for different reasons as the movie grows with the viewer.

• Aug 13, 2019

Tim Burton's visual style shines here and shows you can take scary imagery and turn it into a wacky comedy that works - and it's worth seeing just for Michael Keaton's performance.

• Aug 01, 2019

It's iconic, it's dark, it's perfect!

It's iconic, it's dark, it's perfect!