Before Sunset Reviews

• Nov 15, 2020

Beautiful photograph, a masterpiece,

Beautiful photograph, a masterpiece,

• Nov 08, 2020

A very boring movie, they spend their time talking and talking and the ending is very bad. Bad story.

• Nov 05, 2020

I truly love the format of this movie, how it tells the story. Amazing.

I truly love the format of this movie, how it tells the story. Amazing.

• Sep 29, 2020

"Before Sunset" feels a bit more mature than its predecessor which makes sense as the characters are much older and have experienced much more since we last saw them. Just like the first movie, the two leads have extraordinary chemistry here and every conversation they have throughout this movie feels completely real. I am glad to know this series is a trilogy when I am watching it because this movie left me wanting more closure. Overall, I think it is a solid sequel because it keeps a lot of the elements that worked the first time around but also changed it up just enough to keep things interesting.

• Sep 05, 2020

Richard Linklater's "Before Sunset" is a warm, funny and poignant romantic masterpiece that explores modern-day relationships with profound insight. With his tenth feature, writer/director Richard Linklater crafted an unforgettable romantic drama that holds up today as a classic of the genre. Using gorgeous cinematography, Linklater draws viewers into the lives of a passionate couple reuniting in Paris. From intimate close-ups to stunning establishing shots, the cinematography keeps viewers immersed in the film's beautiful setting. As usual, Linklater's screenplays elevate his movies to another level. His greatest strength as a screenwriter is his ability to use realistic dialogue to keep viewers absorbed in a romantic relationship. In terms of acting, the two leads are at the top of their game. Ethan Hawke delivers one of the best performances of his career as Jesse. With mesmerizing expressions, he conveys the affection, maturity and self-reflections of a man that has changed over time. Julie Delpy continues to excel in the role of Céline. Not only is she incredibly attractive, but her expressions convey more emotions than one would expect. Although "Before Sunset" is undeniably unforgettable, ultimately it is not a flawless film. If there's a minor drawback to the movie, it suffers from an abrupt ending. The film concludes on a slightly anti-climactic note that leaves viewers with questions. Nevertheless, fans of Richard Linklater will definitely enjoy "Before Sunset" and so will movie-goers seeking romantic entertainment. At a time when romantic dramas are rarely ever realistic in Hollywood, it's a stirring reminder of the power of dialogue-driven love stories.

• Aug 27, 2020

I'm halfway through and I'm thinking, "where is this going?" . I'm at the end and I'm thinking, "oh, pretty good". Yeah, very nicely done. Talks truths that most films don't dare broach. The lost love, the love that offers eternal hope and romance, far more powerful than real love that wilts or even real love that dissipates into friendship and eternal companionship. The lost love is far more potent and probably never better explored through the medium of film. Great performances from the actor and actress who ooze chemistry and wistful real nostalgia. Impressively real. Treat of a film, deserving of the acclaim it received.

• Aug 25, 2020

Age appropriate conflict so deftly addresses assumed life stories spanning the two meetings and addresses the original film in the same romantic way the audience has experienced the movie. Remarkable achievement by Linklatter and cast

• Aug 10, 2020

A masterpiece in long takes and natural dialogue, emotional with the pain of regret. Masterful. 9.5/10

• Jul 17, 2020

Just as good as the first movie. This is romance at its purest and most honest.

Just as good as the first movie. This is romance at its purest and most honest.

• Jul 13, 2020

Absolutely spectacular! Never been real life captured more vividly!

Absolutely spectacular! Never been real life captured more vividly!