Ben-Hur Reviews

• May 06, 2021

BEN-HUR is the picture of our life. So this film fascinates people of all age. We revel, and we suffer. But we're always with our Lord.

• Apr 13, 2021

While the pacing is uneven and the New Testament elements seem shoehorned in, Ben Hur still impresses with its epic action sequences. The film is worth watching, at the very least, to see the influence on later movies, with the famous chariot racing scene serving as clear inspiration for Hollywood blockbusters such as The Phantom Menace.

• Ben Him
    Apr 08, 2021

Music is grand! Sets were non-cgi. Story was great. Acting was superb.

Music is grand! Sets were non-cgi. Story was great. Acting was superb.

• Apr 06, 2021

The sheer scale of the cinematography in this film, at least in some scenes, may impress even today. As for the rest... well, that was the first version of "Ben-Hur" that I had any contact with, so I can say that the overall story did not captivate me as much as I wanted it to. Even though I am a Christian I do not find all stories involving Christ automatically interesting, and this one, if I may say so, made rather poor use of the person of our Lord and Savior. Nevertheless, production values elevate this film to the rank of worthy piece of cinema. But then again, shouldn't there be more to movies than production values?

• Apr 05, 2021

wow amazing, film quality was great even for those days

wow amazing, film quality was great even for those days

• Apr 05, 2021

One of the greatest films ever created. Period.

One of the greatest films ever created. Period.

• Apr 03, 2021

Even more epic than the epic movies that seemed to have been generated around this time period (think Spartacus and Lawrence of Arabia). The chariot race was crazy because there were no special effects at this time. The stunt men were fearless

• Dec 26, 2020

Es la mejor peli de la historia.

Es la mejor peli de la historia.

• Nov 24, 2020

Five stars for book; Blobbo never watch long long movie.

Five stars for book; Blobbo never watch long long movie.

• Oct 27, 2020

AFI 100 Greatest Films - #72: This film exemplifies the definition of the word "epic" in the context of cinema, and maybe any other, and is played out on such a grand scale the run time allllmost seems fitting. Despite the grandiose sets and impressive amount of extras that helped Wyler create the massively heightened level of drama, the film had plenty of quiet and subtle moments that were almost as memorable and maybe even more impactful. This little chariot scene somehow lived up to a lifetime of hype for me too, so so impressive in each case. 8.5/10