Beverly Hills Cop III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beverly Hills Cop III Reviews

½ October 14, 2016
Very bland and kinda too safe
August 31, 2016
If you were looking for a comedy give it 4 stars. If you were looking for a movie give it 0. I think this is the funniest of the three, and also the most disappointing.
August 27, 2016
The worst of the trilogy. But very watchable. It is more like the first BHC than BHC2.

6/10 or 3 stars
½ July 20, 2016
so uninspired and boring, I have to imagine working on this movie must have been laborious. The writing is awful. The attempts at suspense are worse. the script makes no sense. the special effects are hideous. it's so bad, so so bad.
July 7, 2016
Eddie Murphy has done it again!
½ May 23, 2016
I honestly think this is the best one in the trilogy. I don't understand the hatred towards this movie, and I feel that this movie is very underrated.

It has hilarious jokes, great action, and really good and funny acting. All in all, it's a great sequel.
½ March 20, 2016
Beverly Hills Cop 3 in my opinion is the best of the 3, It replaced the silly humour with more and better action, There is still Comedy and it's more funny because there is less, The story was nothing new and it's yet again pretty predictable but it's fun and pretty entertaining at times.
February 28, 2016
It... it... this was bad... definitely did not do right by the first two films... they even killed Lt. Todd... & I was through after that.
January 15, 2016
Without doubt the worst of the 3 movies in the series - The script is totally pointless, Axel finds the killer he's after within the first 40 minutes - so what's the point in continuing the movie?

How the script for this movie ever got approved is anyone's guess.
½ November 25, 2015
I guess you could watch it for the George Lucas cameo, but you're better off just watching the clip on YouTube.
October 14, 2015
This is the weakest in the series, mostly because the supporting cast isn't very good. The story is sound, but they should've taken it further. Like a Die Hard on an amusement park. Still, it's worth a look.
October 10, 2015
Possibly the oddest entry in the series. Also possibly the funniest.
September 14, 2015
An ill judged unnecessary sequel is saved in small part to Murphy but a huge part to Hector Elizondo. Axel Foley tracks down the killer of his boss to a Theme Park in Los Angeles
½ August 14, 2015
The only cool thing about this movie is that George Lucus apears in this movie as a extra in this film.

The opening scene of this film was very well done since they killed off one of the characters where we had been invested in since the first Beverly Hills Cop film. This film actually helps to develop the Detroit chief's character more than the previous films in some ways which is kind of ironic since he is seen less in this film compared to the other Beverly Hills Cop films.

This film has the weakest bad guys of any film. Also why are we going to a kids theme park that is not even appealing at all for a film. This went from having villains that were so amazing to the worst villains in history to go up against. Something seriously went wrong in the writing of this film.

I felt like this film jumped the shark a bunch of different times when it was not necessary to do so for this sort of film. Especially when one of the final solutions is for Axel Fowly to use Surges multipurpose messed up boom box weapon. The writers went a little overboard on writing that one.

Honestly one scenes that I could not get into was seeing Axel dressed as one of the animals in the theme park. I mean really? That was not interesting or funny at all.
½ August 8, 2015
This is the one that people hate the most, but once again, I found stuff to like about it. I even liked it more than the 2nd one. Best part of this film was the music. They added orchestra to the techno and it just worked for me. I still hope Eddie Murphy revisits this character someday.
July 23, 2015
This perfunctorily directed, badly written, undercast mess is an example of everything that's rotten in Hollywood. A bored overpaid Eddie Murphy sleepwalks through the infantile plot. Another nail in John Landis' career: even walk-on parts for George Lucas, Joe Dante and Ray Harryhausen only underline the desperation and cynicism of it all.
July 13, 2015
To recap - I didn't like the first film much at all, the second improved a little, and the third one's pretty ridiculously corny. It fails at bringing back the likability to its past characters, the few that remain, but it most epicly fails at its goofy as all hell setting of Murphy wandering around a theme park trying to bust yet another rich entrepreneur. The third one's dumb, to put simply.
Axel Foley is back with Det. Billy Rosewood (and without Lt. Taggert, whose presence may have made the film a little more redeemable) to bust an amusement park tycoon and respected cop for counterfeiting and shooting Foley's often angry cursing boss seen in the previous films.
Almost immediately I realized what made the original film popular a decade earlier can't stand the test of time a decade later. In 1994, the signature "Axel F" tune, the feel of how '80s the film remains and how out of touch it really hurts it. The formerly major character Taggert is "retired in Phoenix" and our formerly quirky cop buddy Billy Rosewood is now a big shot boss, a position viewers will most likely find to be out of its original formula. Murphy remains to be decent but the film's premise of him running around a theme park, donning costumes and being blamed day after day for his illegal lookabouts gets really repetitive and goofy. The film's original idea of a rough stuff cop in a swanky city wasn't good to begin with but now the silly cop in a theme park matches into a horrible nightmare. The villain was extremely poorly crafted - another business tycoon, who would've known. Beverly Hills Cop III set an end to it (at least for now) but the franchise didn't end in a bang.
½ June 30, 2015
Good but not great sequel is the weakest one in the series, but better for kids to watch. Ages 12+
½ June 9, 2015
While it was nice to welcome back Axel Foley in the summer of '94, this movie really wasn't all that good. It has its moments, but it pales in comparison to the original and even to Part 2. And I still wonder what Taggert had going on that he couldn't be in the threequel.
April 19, 2015
Axel,please just stay in Detroit....pretty please.