Bigger, Stronger, Faster* - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bigger, Stronger, Faster* Reviews

½ May 5, 2016
Very good movie. Very eye-opening and entertaining. My only complaint is that the theme wasn't conveyed very well. I couldn't tell the message. But, it was good. It reminded me of a Michael Moore movie, how he went and interviewed well-known people to convey his message
½ April 23, 2016
A surprisingly personal look at the use of steroids and the cultural impact of them within American society. A brilliant example of a documentary that has more to offer than stating facts.

I expected something fairly by-the-book from this one and wasn't really expecting to become so engrossed in Chris Bell's personal life or his personality so it was a pleasant surprise when I did. I also didn't expect the film to offer much other than a 'steroids are bad' narrative but there's much more going on here. It raises questions about American culture, how we view our idols, self-confidence ,and many other things. Basically, the issue is treated with the complexity that it deserves and that is rare when we're talking about the use of illegal substances.

I will say that the film felt a bit stretched out- it's close to the two hour mark and doesn't tread new ground throughout. Still, a minor complaint considering how fascinating this one was.
March 26, 2016
Chris Bell is an intriguing story teller.
½ February 27, 2016
A really interesting documentary on bodybuilding, steroids and strongman Mark Bell.
February 15, 2016
A documentary about the American pursuit for performance in sports and body-building taking as a starting point a personal story of an American family. The premise is good, the realisation not so much. The message of the film is unclear, after about half of the movie it watches like randomly assembled ramble of different arguments not forming a coherent picture. An interesting view on the sports culture in America, but not very well put together.
½ February 4, 2016
This documentary did not have a lot of depth. It took a very broad swing at how we view athletic entertainment, the standards we hold it to, and the hypocrisies of those standards. That is a tall order, and the varied sports it documents provides for only a surface level critique.
February 2, 2016
watched 10 times, I really like this director.
January 3, 2016
This movie helped open my mind about the use of steroids. I am still against them, but it did a really good job of introducing me to all of the arguments.
½ December 22, 2015
Absorbing with its focus on the mere facts of the case, Bigger, Stronger, Faster is a must see for anybody concerned about steroid use and its repercussions for the American psyche. More of a critique of American values than a critical look at the use of steroids, Chris Bell's exploration of our preoccupation with our image will leave the viewer satisfied with its unique take on the subject. In addition, no other documentary may be as informative on a subject as it is entertaining.
½ December 22, 2015
It's dedication to simple, straightforward, fact based storytelling makes this one worth viewing.
October 2, 2015
Best movie I've ever made.
½ July 28, 2015
It was personal, interesting, and compelling-everything I hope for in a good documentary.
½ June 20, 2015
Bigger Faster Stronger is a documentary about Steroids and what's good bad and ugly about them.
The story revolves around 3 brothers and there growing up in America idolizing people like Hulk Hogan, Sylvester Stallone & Arnold Schwarzenegger. Its a interesting story and does not take sides tells the story from all angles. I have never been a supporter of any performance enhancing drugs and I will never endorse such a thing either. This is a great doco for anyone that is contemplating to do them curious etc...
The young ones should watching this with parents.
½ May 24, 2015
Easily one of the best documentaries I've seen. It was informative, interesting, and honest. An awesome look into all sides of the steroid spectrum.
April 22, 2015
Tocante e perturbador. Mostra toda a construção, equivocada na visão do diretor - pois parece não haver estudos que provem ser prejudicial - cultural e midiática em torno dos esteroides anabolizantes. Pessoas que se inspiravam em mitos do culturismo, e que achavam que os músculos o levariam ao topo da vida, mas que com o passar dos anos perceberam que a única coisa que conseguiram construir na vida foram quilos e quilos de massa magra. O documentário ainda critica incisivamente o estilo de vida americano, onde deve-se fazer de tudo para ser vencedor, nunca importando os meios para isso. Até uma rápida entrevista com o quadrinista Stan Lee a respeito dos super-heróis, que são todos exemplos de "peito de aço".
January 21, 2015
Pretty evenhanded look at performance enhancing drugs.
January 19, 2015
Excellent truth about steroids. No bs
½ January 13, 2015
perspective is everything
January 13, 2015
Excellent analysis of the morals, laws, and philosophies behind doping in sport. It is very clear that proper research should be done into the long term effects of anabolic steroids and other drugs in the same realm.
January 5, 2015
Bigger Faster Stronger is the perfect kind of documentary, it's thought provoking while also being fun.