Billy Madison - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Billy Madison Reviews

June 13, 2016
Billy Madison put Adam Sandler on the high list of comedy gold with this movie. This is probably his best 90's movie. It's full of laughs and it is impossible not to laugh. I would very much suggest this movie.
May 27, 2016
84% Billy Madison will be sure to satisfy anyone in the mood for Adam Sandler's immature and silly type of comedy, and this is one of his best efforts at doing so.
May 15, 2016
Best Adam Sandler movie of all time. Non-stop laughs, can watch it over & over again!
½ May 10, 2016
Adam Sandler's first Big star role in Billy Madison provides laughs enough for the audiences. Critics.....Not so much
May 1, 2016
Perhaps one of the more insanely idiotic movies ever made. I'm sure that we are all dumber for having watched it, but I love it anyways. Adam Sandler is hilarious in one of his best movies. It's still very funny after seeing it multiple times through the years. (First viewing - Late childhood)
April 23, 2016
Comedy is an about making you laugh. How many times you laugh is how you determine if it's a good movie or not.

A movie can be dumb and hilarious at the same time.

This is a dumb movies but funny therfore making it a good comedy movie.
April 21, 2016
77%
Uneven yet ultimately provocative in the silliest way possible, Billy Madison is a prime example of Adam Sandler's glory days.

V: 51%
½ April 20, 2016
Adam Sandler is not a very attractive screen presence, and Billy Madison shows why..
March 31, 2016
This looks annoying and has adam stupid sandler who is not funny.
February 6, 2016
,¢,,¦¢,¦ju
½ January 30, 2016
Great comedy from beggining to end, Billy Madison shows how funny Adam Sandler was in his prime.
½ January 20, 2016
It's okay, nothing special. Kinda stupid
½ January 7, 2016
This is the worst movie ever made it is terrible billy Madison is the most annoying unlikeable character and I hate him I LOATHE this movie
December 20, 2015
Couldnt stop cracking up! Just so funny, funnier than I remembered it
December 13, 2015
Utterly void of any intelligence or thought, Billy Madison is the first movie in a while that is as pointless as it was unfunny. There were interesting and funny moments occasionally throughout, but mostly just incredibly stupid and laughless idiocy.
½ November 5, 2015
I think I like it. The film left me more confused then anything else. I really think we would have gotten a better product had they not tried to force a romance on us. They should've just gone full silly and stay full silly without the stupid romance.
½ October 8, 2015
Billy Madison is Adam Sandler's first movie as a writer with SNL writer Tim Herlihy that turned out to be a decent film that is a bit forgettable. Adam Sandler's voice that he does is not annoying, but I can understand why people would think that. The plot is predictable and you seen this a million times, but at least this movie actually has a plot unlike Adam Sandler's recent films like Grown Ups with an exception of some films that he's done. 70% of the film has funny jokes, while the remaining percent of it has awkward jokes, or just too weird for me to find it funny. The acting is fine, and so is the chemistry between Billy Madison and Veronica, even though I've seen this type of chemistry before and they don't do anything funny with it. Billy Madison is a harmless comedy with enough fun and sweet moments that is not as bad as a movie that I watched after this which is Grown Ups 2.
½ October 5, 2015
A weak movie, which means for Adam Sandler, this is one of his best. Billy Madison has some redeeming qualities. The premise is hilarious. Sadly, the lack of direction, and cheap laughs makes Billy Madison, just a mediocre film.
October 2, 2015
One of sandlers worst films, silly plot very poor acting and sandler was just annoying and unfunny, its boring and predictable, save your time and avoid this.
September 17, 2015
Master of infantilism Adam Sandler stars as the title character, an overgrown rich kid who wiles away his days poolside, swilling kegs of beer and appreciating fine nudie magazines such as "Drunk Chicks" -- that is, until his father (Darren McGavin) decides to test his mettle as future head of the family business by posing a challenge: retake and pass grades K-12 in 24 weeks or watch control of the business pass to the requisite conniving underling (Bradley Whitford). Forced into action, Billy vows to change his drunken ways. He enrolls in kindergarten, makes new friends, pelts pint-sized kids with playground balls and develops a love interest in a pretty teacher (Bridgitte Wilson). The action culminates in an academic showdown between Billy and the purportedly Harvard-educated underling for the future of the family enterprise -- no small feat for a man fresh out of the first grade. There's gross, moronic, off-color low humor galore in Billy Madison, particularly in one subplot involving a romantically forward elementary school principal (Josh Mostel, son of theater great Zero Mostel) and his secret former life as a professional wrestler; another scene includes the hypertense school bus driver (Chris Farley, in a typical over-the-top cameo) lying in the meadow with a hallucinatory penguin. As one might suspect, Billy Madison is not for every taste.