Billy Madison - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Billy Madison Reviews

September 6, 2017
it has a story that can set up alot of laughs and on some levels it does but some of the jokes are hit or miss and the love story between billy and his teacher is forced and rushed
September 3, 2017
Billy Madison was a surprisingly good movie. It had a ton of funny moments and a likable cast. Again like most Adam Sandler movies there isn't really a great plot but for a movie like this it doesn't matter that much. There were some dumb moments in this movie but it worked. Those moments were funny and hit the mark. Overall Billy Madison is definitely worth your time. I highly recommend it over many of the recent Adam Sandler movies. B+
½ August 14, 2017
Though kinda stupid, Billy Madison is a decent enough comedy. I recommend this to immature teens.
July 7, 2017
The funniest film I've seen all year. Probably Adam Sandler's best role and best comedy movie. Dumb at times, but very enjoyable.
June 9, 2017
Adam Sandler hasn't developed much over the years but what he did on the earlier films was develop a film worthy of the character he created. Billy Madison has held up over time and while not being comedy gold it showcases a time when Sandlers humour was fresh. You look at the films that followed these, mainly the later years and you question what went wrong. The key component is a likable storyline and comedies cannot survive without a 3 act structure and wide variety of characters. This is why Sandlers earlier films did not feel like a cash cow for all the people in it. Sandler is at the lead, giving a likable performance and you want him to succeed and survive the obstacles. I caught this on Netflix again the other day and will probably be the last time I see this film, it is still likable and Sandler is not lazy like the later films. This is a film that is a showcase for what he is capable of doing. 10-06-2017.
½ June 2, 2017
good but not quite Happy Gilmore level
May 20, 2017
One of the better Sandler movies, but still a bad flick.
May 4, 2017
Perhaps one of the more insanely idiotic movies ever made. I'm sure that we are all dumber for having watched it, but I love it anyways. Adam Sandler is hilarious in one of his best movies. It's still very funny after seeing it multiple times through the years. (First viewing - Late childhood)
April 24, 2017
Couldnt stop cracking up! Just so funny, funnier than I remembered it
April 20, 2017
This is definitely my favorite Adam Sandler flick. Love this film. I think its a super funny film(especially since Adam Sandler is in it). 10 out of 10 stars.
April 3, 2017
One of the few Sandler comedies I could sit through without killing myself. I enjoyed the relationship between him and the teacher. The whole idea of going back through all 12 years of high school is kind of funny to me. But Sandler doesn't make it work.
February 13, 2017
In this movie I gave this movie a 5 star just because Adam sander is just so funny in the whole movie .
½ February 4, 2017
I enjoyed it, but it's nothing phenomenal. Definitely not the best Sandler flick out there.
½ December 27, 2016
It's not rewarding in any way, but Billy Madison has some undeniably (if incredibly sophomoric) funny moments that rank among some of Adam Sandlers best gags.
December 23, 2016
,¢,,¦¢,¦ju...
½ December 6, 2016
It's funny at times and not funny in others. I don't like Sandler's annoying voice. It's a masterpiece compared to his later movies.
November 27, 2016
one of my top comedy films. You must like really stupid humour though.
November 26, 2016
Before Happy Gilmore there was Billy Madison a man passing school. Okay its sounds odd but it isnt that odd maybe a little.The point is that this film is with its humor to the "Snack pack" to the Speach answear and one of the most unforgettable insults. This film must be funny it is also that penguin. Like the normal sandler films humor, romance, slapstick you know but its one of his first films. 4 stars 80%
October 15, 2016
What's the first thing that comes to mind if you're a 28 year old man in kindergarten class, and drop an f bomb at the teacher? Do you take the guy to the principals office and have him sent home? NO, JUST SIT THERE LIKE AN IDIOT, AND SMILE AT HIM, WITH A GROUP OF 5 AND 6 YEAR OLDS IN THE CLASSROOM! That moment completely ruined this film for me, and while there were a few funny moments, it's just too forgettable!
½ October 6, 2016
Totally a goofball comedy, but fun to watch.