The Birdcage Reviews

• Nov 10, 2020

My favorite movie of all time. Probably seen it 100 times lol never gets old

My favorite movie of all time. Probably seen it 100 times lol never gets old

• Sep 21, 2020

This movie has aged incredibly well. The writing and performances are absolutely hilarious and even though the characters are exaggerated, the relationships between them feel very real. I love that this film is full of traditionally "taboo" topics (especially at the time it was released) but it never comes off as offensive and the marginalized are never the butt of the jokes.

• Sep 13, 2020

One of my all-time favorite comedies. Robin Williams and Nathan Lane push this comedy to new levels. Gene Hackman as the uptight right-wing senator is a perfect comparison to the lifestyle of Robin and Nathan. A cinematic comedic delight. And Hank Azaria is the overly gay houseboy? Genius

• Sep 08, 2020

80%?!?!? ONLY 80%?!?!? It's one of the greats damn comedies of all time!! Classic David vs Goliath tail!!! Republicans are the reason this shit ain't rated higher

• Aug 13, 2020

What a fun film to watch. This movie got me howling with crazy circumstances and a hearty laugh. An old comedy that can still make a suitable audience from now crack up. The story is great but I believe it can be done better. The believable acting, stunning directing, and cinematography of the colorful South Beach make this film comically grandiose.

• Jul 07, 2020

Extremely funny, heartwarming and Lane is absolutely wonderful.

Extremely funny, heartwarming and Lane is absolutely wonderful.

• Jun 18, 2020

Incredible work by Robin Williams, Hank Azaria and Nathan Lane. A movie that crosses generations, tackles gay and political themes and even in 2020, still resounds true, honest and always entertaining. 1,000 quotable lines and a night of rolling on the floor laughter.

• Jun 15, 2020

We are family! I got all my sisters with me!

We are family! I got all my sisters with me!

• Jun 15, 2020

A somewhat restrained Robin Williams seems to deliver the best Robin Williams, but it's Nathan Lane who steals this show.

• Jun 10, 2020

Everybody steals the scene in this movie from Robin Williams to Nathan Lane to Gene Hackman. But the biggest scene-stealer in this entire movie is without a doubt Hank Azaria as Agador Spartacus. No one stands a chance against his "Guatemalan-ness."