Black Snake Moan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Black Snake Moan Reviews

½ August 3, 2016
8/2/2016: A pretty good movie with a really great cast. Ricci was Wow!! She played a dirty girl, but still stunning.
½ August 1, 2016
I found a few scenes questionable, but this southern gothic masterpiece in disguise stays out of exploitation thanks to a red hot story that's heavy on detail and surprisingly sweet.
July 15, 2016
Great performances and marvelous direction with a great story and sympathetic characters, Black Snake Moan is one of the best films of the year.
½ June 27, 2016
First of all Sam Jackson is a bad motherfucker.  But he can't sing.  And I have been a fan of Christina Ricci's since The Addams Family but she can't sing either.  Plus, she looked emaciated in this movie.  I recall time in the flick when she lifts up her arms and ribs protrude everywhere.  Yuck.  I never thought she was fat before but what do I know. I don't work in Hollywood.  Back to the movie.  What the hell is this movie about?  Well simply it's a story about love.  Told in a very weird way.  I saw the preview for this and said "What the fuck?  I gotta see that!"  I'll warn you.  It's bizarre.    And I'll leave the viewing of this up to you.
June 22, 2016
Jackson plays an old blues musician who finds Ricci, a childhood sex abuse victim, and tries to get her to change her ways. It's a very interesting story and the dynamic between Jackson and Ricci is well played out. Not a huge fan of the film overall but it's not terrible.
June 5, 2016
For some reason I seem to recall more naked Christina Ricci when I first watched this movie but it's still an extremely underrated gem. Worth checking out if you've never seen it.
½ March 22, 2016
Sam Jacks very good. Rest is bonkers. Justin looks like he's escaped from the set of Home & Away. Not good
February 21, 2016
What a weird movie. I guess it's well acted, but was not an enjoyable watch.
½ February 14, 2016
Had Laz been a white man and Rae been a black woman riots, marches, and picketing would have ensued. Hollywood is a hypocrite.
January 23, 2016
This is pretty good. I loved the movie a lot better than the hateful eight. Phenomenal movie
½ January 14, 2016
So original and i believe it's Samuel L Jackson at his absolute best. Really enjoyed it and didn't take much negative things at all.
½ January 6, 2016
Demented, entertaining, interesting, sometimes hilarious, sometimes ridiculous and far-fetched. Worth watching - but yeah, demented - not that there's anything wrong with that. Great acting. 7.8 out of 10.
January 4, 2016
Watch it for the music. Nothing else here is worth watching.
January 3, 2016
Underrated masterpiece!
January 2, 2016
Los amantes del blues se lamerán los dedos con esta película algo (o tal vez muy) misógina acerca de tentaciones y cadenas. Christina Ricci encarna al diablo tentador a la perfección rescatado (o tal vez secuestrado) por un blusero y granjero interpretado por Samuel L. Jackson. El director Craig Brewer no logra aquí la genialidad de su "Hustle And Flow", pero las actuaciones, la música y la magnífica fotografía de Amelia Vincent, pagan la entrada.
August 31, 2015
God fearing man takes a troubled girl under his care to cure her of her problems with his unusual methods.
July 26, 2015
The title is terrible. It makes you not want to watch it. But, I finally did and i'm glad I did. A fun ride with believable characters.
½ July 21, 2015
Weird and lame. Trying to be teasy fake-sexy and imitation serious could have been an interesting pitch black comedy, but when the mystery turns out to have no payoff, it's just unsatisfying.
They try to draw an interesting line, but it didn't work.
Waste of time.
July 21, 2015
Getting my wife caught up some of the finer films.