Black Swan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Black Swan Reviews

½ August 16, 2017
Hypnotic is the only word to describe this Darron Aronofsky film
August 6, 2017
Great movie. An amazing psychological thriller! I recommend it to anyone.
August 2, 2017
Nail-bitting the whole way through, this drama thriller never yielded. Left me saying, "Excellent." And wow, was Portman fantastic or what.
August 2, 2017
Brutaly engaiging performance by Natalie Portman! An amazing and well written story that made the audience be asking itself whats going to happen until the last second.
It's an 9,0 out of 10!
July 29, 2017
Story about a dancer who is so desperate to be successful on stage that she has visions and nightmares. She also realizes that she has to grow sexually to become the swan. Just a joy and wonder to watch this movie. Natalie Portman is awesome. Aronofsky deserved his awards.
½ July 22, 2017
Ham-fisted imagery and excessively male gaze aside, this is beautifully performed.
July 15, 2017
Over the many years I've known this movie, I love it more each time I watch it. The hallucinative, trippy, and disturbed atmosphere this film has throughout its entirety is jaw dropping. The three leads bounce off of each other with flaming chemistry. But, as most of you know, the most intense and captivating performance was that by Natalie Portman as Nina. You sympathize with her character, and feel the same struggle she is as she spirals down into insanity. One of the best viewing experiences of my life. Darren Aronofsky delivered an amazing masterpiece of a film.
July 14, 2017
Very weird movie but I liked it! Crazy...good cast, interesting story. Has a start and an end...amazing characters. WELL MADE!
July 14, 2017
Darren Aronofsky flawlessly directs Black Swan. This film is handled with so much care and it really pays off. The cinematography is so beautiful. Natalie Portman gives no doubt the best performance of her career and possibly the greatest female performance of all time. Mila Kunis is fantastic as well and plays the perfect opposing character to Natalie Portman's. The score is also really well done. This is a great movie and no one is better at the psychological thriller than Darren Aronofsky!
½ July 13, 2017
As a seasoned movie-goer, I must say that it didn't particularly shock or surprise me. Which isn't to say that the thing isn't constructed well or most importantly entertaining, because it is.
June 21, 2017
A magnificent and underrated film. It was far FAR better than the awful stately 'The King's Speech' that was the most lauded film of its respective academy year. Multi-layered concepts, chillingly good cinematography and editing, bold and beautiful performances from all the cast and a haunting finale. One of my favourite films ever. Even my dad LOVED it- a man of the 70s who says that ballet is for 'jessies'!!
June 17, 2017
Okay, great directing but why a masterpiece ? I actually love psychological thrillers but not that one. Sorry Aronofsky. Just one star for Natalie's performance !
½ June 10, 2017
Superbly gripping drama but not one i'd watch again.
June 3, 2017
This is one of my dad's favorite movies of the last ten years, and I've been eagerly wanting to see it for years now. I've heard nothing but great things about the film, and Darren Aronofsky is one of the most creative and brilliant directors out there. When I finished this film I didn't know what I just experienced. This is one of the darkest and most beautiful films I've ever seen in my life. Aronofsky perfectly captures inner demons, paranoia, and absolute beauty all in one film, and I believe this is one of his finest films he's ever made. The performances all-around are fantastic, but Natalie Portman gives a performance for the ages. One of my favorite performances; though, was that of Vincent Cassel, and I thought his performance was criminally underrated, but I digress. The first act wasn't as up to par as the final two acts, but other than that I have no other complaints about this fantastic film. The score was phenomenal, and the choreography was very pleasant as well. I never thought I'd see a perfect blend of horror and beauty in one film, but Aronofsky perfectly captures that in Black Swan.
June 3, 2017
A cinematic and passionate film of transformation
June 3, 2017
When we can see ourselves in the front & centre under the spotlight performing our dream job. When we can't bother to see anything go wrong, to see nothing but the competition to worry about. When what we see others see when we all perform the same that makes competing even more overwhelming. When we see what we must perform when we can see the story told through our eyes. When we see we are conditioned into a body to perform, we push ourselves through great limits to see it through to the end. When we see we have to be a person inside another thing that faces tremendous odds & pressure our body & mind is up for the challenge that makes selecting chosen performers to suit such classic performances. When what others see they need to believe when we submerge ourselves into performances that captivate us with its beauty, fragility, and emotional termoils we hope we pull through. When we see the pressures get the best of the best of performers when what others see & expect is the best. When what we don't see we know we need to see fast when we only our weakness is not keeping up with those whom are more composed then us. When we see we need more practice to see we will try all day and night until we get it when we are dedicated.

When what others dont see over time, they see they have gotten better when we see some people want it more than others. When we see we need a little bit more coaching yo reach our fullest potential in what we aim to see. When we see our dreams come true when we are selected. When performing takes everything that we got when we need to make the audience see the honesty in us performing as if we were the original. When what we don't see we see what we lack to improve with the right coach, and right change. When we see all greats come and go when the demands for perfection requires those whom are capable. When we see we made many proud, hateful and others curious what we have in store. When we see whom we have see when we perform next to them to get to see whom they are really like in person. When what we do is part of something bigger when years of training, planning, and money makes this a big reputable business full of its extraordinary people, sponsors, socialites that it draws in when they like seeing the best of things.

When we see that we need to offer the best tips we can to those whom are our stars and make sure they are alright. When we see we have been trusted into this adult lifestyle that we no longer see the need for nurturing from those whom others have always coddled. When we see the effects can do to those fallen stars to talespin into the darkness where they are no longer admired and seen. When we see we need minor adjustments when trying fit into a new life, new body, new feel, that we take things slowly when others demand we learn faster. When we see we are comfortable at our own pace to see we need a push. When we don't see we push ourselves too hard to see our body can't handle such pressures, but we block it out and don't see it matters. When we see we are the only ones whom brought us this far to not seek help. When we see we are big, and can take care if ourselves to only see it our way. When we don't see thst our way & our dreams is not what others want to see when we are not supposed to be ourselves but what is expected of us when their is a level of expectancy this organization wishes to see.

When we see others have a cut at what we dont have to see what we can learn from. When we don't see what foreign influences will do to us, when we lived under a nurturing wing to fly away on our own. When we don't see what places we will go when we are influenced to do what is not like us to hang on for the ride and see where it takes us.

When others don't like what they see in us,  but what we like seeing in others we take home to mother. When we see that we can't let our guard down agsin, to fall victim to our fragility and innocence to change our perspective in what we want that others can't take from us. When all we see is our strength in our wings growing to see we are transforming. When we see we are scared of transforming  but see we must separate the two when it would be the death of us if we fail. When we see our wings grow stronger when we weather what fears us that propels us to break out of the grasps of what keeps us down.

When we don't see why we were chosen when others are better. When we do see we are best suited for other roles when we see we our prince chose us and we see others need to go and die. When what we no longer see is that young girl, old talent, fear of not being chosen when they have already died and gave birth to the new us. When we don't see how we been acting when we are seen less like a queen to our royal subjects, nurturing them under our wing. When we see our worst fears come true when in reality we are not capable and others are, to live in a dream where we are.
May 24, 2017
An amazingly crafted depiction about obsession and degeneration towards beauty. Darren Aronofsky's twisted and visceral take on the Swamp Lake feeds on a disturbin-yet-tragic perception of the fight against our own demons, having the spectacular Natalie Portman to complete the perfect combo.
May 9, 2017
Great job by Portman, the movie was a little slow in the middle but the ending was captivating to watch.
½ May 7, 2017
I felt like I was in a theater of Jr. High kids. Every time something sexual happened half the theater started giggling and laughing like little girls. It was like these people had never heard of pleasuring yourself or girl-on-girl action before. But other than that I'm finding it hard to explain just how impressed and amazed I was with this film. The tone, the mood, the entire "I don't know exactly what" that the film encompasses your mind with while watching this film is brilliant. Major props have to be given to Clint Mansell though. Because this movie really wouldn't have been anything without its score. All in all this film is a somewhat dark yet realistic look at the mind of a ballerina, striving for perfection. Although there were a few minor parts of the film where it started to lose me, this is got to be Aronofsky's best film so far. It may even have my vote for film of the year!

This was truly a great film! I can't believe it came out 7 years ago! It has aged well, and wil continue to do so I'm sure.
May 5, 2017
Better the second time around. Funny how they still used flip phones not to long ago.