Blade II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blade II Reviews

March 30, 2018
Shortly after rescuing his once-thought dead mentor, Whistler (Kris Kristofferson), Blade (Wesley Snipes), the half-human vampire hunter, finds himself into an uneasy alliance with his immortal enemies when they discover the existance of a new breed of vampire that not only preys on humans, but on regular vampires as well...

Despite being mostly overshadowed by the success of Sam Raimi's first Spider-Man film a few months later, this sequel to Marvel's first financial success easily surpasses the first film on pure visual and cinematic terms.

Thanks to the visual influence of the incredibly talented Guillermo Del Toro in terms of cinematography and vampire designs, Blade II stands out with it's willingness to embrace the fantasy based elements of the source material and the lack of the awful CGI of the first film, gives Blade's world of vampires, feel like a much more appealing world.

Overall despite a majority of the acting not being that great, with the exception of Wesley Snipes, Kris Kristofferson and Rob Perlman's memorable antagonist, Blade II is a solid follow-up that thanks to it's better approach with it's visuals and additional world-building skills with the lore of vampires, can be enjoyed in it's own right.
½ February 13, 2018
The action is exciting, Wesley Snipes is excellent, and the story is great.
½ February 12, 2018
Not nearly as good as the original, but still a good watch.
February 11, 2018
Blade is back in this Del Toro helmed sequel that surpasses the original in almost every way.
Better fights, more likeable characters, a better plot, a more compelling villain, some gorgeous set design, this is a sequel done right!
Though the CGI has aged poorly in some places, the practical monster effects are show stopping.
Give this one another watch, it's better than you might remember
½ February 4, 2018
The best of the Blade movies by far, the plot, supporting cast, and entertainment value, along with Snipes standing out once again as Blade lead to a strong overall film.
January 31, 2018
Muito melhor e mais divertido do que a memória que eu tinha do filme. Acho que o Guillermo del Toro nunca fez um filme ruim mesmo.
½ January 28, 2018
We see what Guillermo Del Toro has been building up to with his love for the style and atmosphere of classic horror. He takes what could have been a slipshod need to be rated R script and coats it with gothic set design and grotesque monster makeup. And of course Wesley Snipes has to share the stage with Ron Perlman and Luke Goss, both who would work with Del Toro again. So there's plenty of fun characters to go around. Like Spider-Man, Batman, and Captain America after, Blade seems to make it better the second time around.
January 14, 2018
Better than the first. Snipes is still cool. More interesting action and story.
January 13, 2018
Blade 2 It's a super good movie but I do not know why so many people say it's even better than the first one. The film is no doubt cooler than the first but not automatically better because the pessimist is slower and the movie is a bit smaller in any case a smaller one. With over 10 minutes filler.

However bad looks different I always find it awesome when the people in a sequel idea in expand and at least enough new offer that you can watch the movie itself so you could watch this movie without knowing who Blade is or without the first And yet you would never be lost, that's the right way to make a sequel.

The movie has a super cool look, the slogans are wandering out, sometimes they are not that good at me, but not so much that it bothers me. The movie does not come with many surprises that can really surprise but I think that was not the goal.

The battles are unfortunately not so nice because too much CGI effects are used which have not been decently changed and the movements are inhumane. I do not know why but this movie has not been filmed in Cinemascope for some reason either. And the film editing is very difficult to follow.

Catapulting the middle draws a bit and the movie has no big surprises the last half hour makes everything worth of that is why you watch this movie the last half hour is top North best fights best effects and best action that is the right way how to make movies.

Gillamo Del Torro has used the right people here and his visual look fits perfectly in this bleak world the computer effects are just as bad as in the first part but I think that's intentional the practical effects are fantastico.
December 16, 2017
Puntaje Original: 5.5

Un poco más de lo que hizo genial a la primera entrega.
½ November 5, 2017
Blade might not be one of the most interesting Marvel character ever created, but Wesley Snipes makes him just awesome because he's a fucking badass. Every quote, sword fight or aggressive look at the camera are chilling! Thanks to a fenomenal choreography, action scenes and tension, "Blade II" is arguably the best Blade movie in the trilogy. Guillermo del Toro made an exceptional job, despite the useless Scud twist at the final act and the slightly noticeable CGI and accelerated camera. However, this movie is too much awesome to be considered as a bad movie!
½ November 4, 2017
Blade II ramps up the action and gives us more monsters, but it loses some of the darker horror atmosphere in favor of an abundance of cool one liners and inhuman fight choreography, But over all Blade II delivers what we all really want to see, our titular anti-hero killing lots of vampires.
½ October 9, 2017
Blade II is an improvement over the first movie and offers far more to the table. While not exactly reaching the levels of greatness that it could've, it still has enough creativity and charm to satisfy any action junkie.
September 9, 2017
Very, very unique and interesting movie. The hero is black and his two sidekicks are white. Mind-blowing stuff. One of the white sidekicks, Scud, even turns out to be a bad guy and a traitor. Anyway, this movie is stupid and illogical, but I enjoyed it -- it's just one of those movies that's a guilty pleasure. I loved the concept of Blade having to work together with the bad guys to fight an even worse enemy. The fight scenes are actually good and bloody and gory and violent -- thanks to the R-rating (as opposed to the more common PG-13 rating that most comic book movies get).
½ August 24, 2017
The magic of Blade II is that even though it's a studio picture, it's the most imaginative, exciting, gross-out, kick-ass, and visionary film you'll see from the genre. People seem to consider this mindless entertainment, which I can assure you it is not. Otherwise I would have been completely bored. It's a sensory feast.
August 19, 2017
Helmed by one Guillermo del Toro, "Blade II" is a definite upgrade on the 1998 original. The choreographies are great, Wesley Snipes is more enjoyable, the supporting cast features not only Kris Kristofferson but also Ron Perlman, Norman Reedus and Donnie Yen, the plot is very engaging and the twists towards the end spice things up considerably. Overall, it's a very enjoyable actioner, not only but even more so when compared to the slightly hit-and-miss first film.
½ August 16, 2017
I told you so, see Blade but do not see the sequel....
½ August 11, 2017
Pretty good blade movie starring Wesley snipes, the old guy from the first movie and Norman reedus. I thought this would suck but it was quite good and I'm hyped for the third installment. I love the character blade and I want to see what happens next.
August 2, 2017
Slicker and better put together than its predecessor, but missing a lot of what made it work. It's more original in structure than Blade, which was cut with the Hollywood cookie cutter, but using that familiar structure allowed it to be successful when it built off it in outrageous ways and subvert it. Its female lead may have seemed pandering to that formula, but she provided an in for the audience and guided us through the anarchy. Here we just have Blade himself, who doesn't allow us in to his world and therefore the emotional underpinnings are gone. The character moments that stopped the first film being action all the time and kept your investment you through the low points are gone and the sequel even goes as far as to immediately undo its most resonant scene. It doesn't have the director Del Toro's usual charm either, and while the returning cast is still good and Ron Perlman is as entertaining as always the other players are various shades of dull. It's unclear if Blade II has lost the craziness that made the first film so enjoyable or whether, because it lacks a grounding to make it stand out, it simply washes over the viewer without effect, but the result is that it feels like the series has lost its soul.
July 24, 2017
Del Toro delivers a fantastic sequel, he builds upon the world by exploring the mythology, characters and focuses on the fun side of what makes a great Blade film. Snipes is brilliant, his charm and charisma as well as his strong comedy elements are well executed, as is the action which is at times spectacular if not a little dependent on CGI. Supporting cast impresses with both Pearlman and Reedus giving great small performances with big impact.