Blade II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blade II Reviews

September 9, 2017
Very, very unique and interesting movie. The hero is black and his two sidekicks are white. Mind-blowing stuff. One of the white sidekicks, Scud, even turns out to be a bad guy and a traitor. Anyway, this movie is stupid and illogical, but I enjoyed it -- it's just one of those movies that's a guilty pleasure. I loved the concept of Blade having to work together with the bad guys to fight an even worse enemy. The fight scenes are actually good and bloody and gory and violent -- thanks to the R-rating (as opposed to the more common PG-13 rating that most comic book movies get).
½ August 24, 2017
The magic of Blade II is that even though it's a studio picture, it's the most imaginative, exciting, gross-out, kick-ass, and visionary film you'll see from the genre. People seem to consider this mindless entertainment, which I can assure you it is not. Otherwise I would have been completely bored. It's a sensory feast.
August 19, 2017
Helmed by one Guillermo del Toro, "Blade II" is a definite upgrade on the 1998 original. The choreographies are great, Wesley Snipes is more enjoyable, the supporting cast features not only Kris Kristofferson but also Ron Perlman, Norman Reedus and Donnie Yen, the plot is very engaging and the twists towards the end spice things up considerably. Overall, it's a very enjoyable actioner, not only but even more so when compared to the slightly hit-and-miss first film.
½ August 16, 2017
I told you so, see Blade but do not see the sequel....
½ August 11, 2017
Pretty good blade movie starring Wesley snipes, the old guy from the first movie and Norman reedus. I thought this would suck but it was quite good and I'm hyped for the third installment. I love the character blade and I want to see what happens next.
August 2, 2017
Slicker and better put together than its predecessor, but missing a lot of what made it work. It's more original in structure than Blade, which was cut with the Hollywood cookie cutter, but using that familiar structure allowed it to be successful when it built off it in outrageous ways and subvert it. Its female lead may have seemed pandering to that formula, but she provided an in for the audience and guided us through the anarchy. Here we just have Blade himself, who doesn't allow us in to his world and therefore the emotional underpinnings are gone. The character moments that stopped the first film being action all the time and kept your investment you through the low points are gone and the sequel even goes as far as to immediately undo its most resonant scene. It doesn't have the director Del Toro's usual charm either, and while the returning cast is still good and Ron Perlman is as entertaining as always the other players are various shades of dull. It's unclear if Blade II has lost the craziness that made the first film so enjoyable or whether, because it lacks a grounding to make it stand out, it simply washes over the viewer without effect, but the result is that it feels like the series has lost its soul.
July 24, 2017
Del Toro delivers a fantastic sequel, he builds upon the world by exploring the mythology, characters and focuses on the fun side of what makes a great Blade film. Snipes is brilliant, his charm and charisma as well as his strong comedy elements are well executed, as is the action which is at times spectacular if not a little dependent on CGI. Supporting cast impresses with both Pearlman and Reedus giving great small performances with big impact.
July 4, 2017
Blade II still has very mediocre characterization, weak acting and the story is not only subpar but also way too convoluted this time around, but Guillermo del Toro's involvement led to much better direction, special effects and mostly action which is actually terrific in its execution and a lot of fun leading to a sequel that trumps its predecessor.
June 2, 2017
You like the massive gore or you don't. I don't.
½ April 13, 2017
Grade: C-. A step down from the original. It had a plot, but not a good one. For the most part the only good thing about this film is seeing Blade return and doing what he does best. (Murdering).
March 14, 2017
I don't care what the critics say I still love Blade 2.
March 5, 2017
Decent sequel... good cast... its a fun movie
½ March 1, 2017
Del Toro infuses Blade 2 with something that the original struggled with, imagination, and creativity. It may not have a riveting plot or characters but its thoroughly entertaining.
Grade: B-
February 19, 2017
Blade 2 was an improvement.
½ February 18, 2017
Another great installment of the Blade franchise.
½ December 19, 2016
Great mix of horror and action for the sequel to the vampire-killing, played by an excellent Wesley Snipes
December 18, 2016
Easily the best in the franchise and overall just a badass action flick. Great fight scenes and Snipes is a king. Guillermo Del Toro rocked this one.
½ December 18, 2016
Fun to watch! It delivers on the acting and character development. You know why these characters are doing what they are doing. The continuity doesn't stop. The action ties into the drama and suspense and delivers here as well. The content is much like the original however, I personally didn't care for some of it. I would have preferred a pure monster movie with less scifi thrown into the mix. Good plot twists are in here as well. I hope there's another one soon.
October 27, 2016
Never get tired of watching this and I've seen it over 100 by now
½ October 23, 2016
Guillermo del Toro makes some slight improvements over the original and Snipes gives a far better performance as the titular vampire-hunter than he did the first time around, but, unlike a vamp, "Blade II" won't convert those that didn't enjoy the campy dialogue, shallow characters, weakly-plotted story, and mediocre fight sequences of the original.