Blade II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blade II Reviews

March 14, 2017
I don't care what the critics say I still love Blade 2.
March 5, 2017
Decent sequel... good cast... its a fun movie
½ March 1, 2017
Del Toro infuses Blade 2 with something that the original struggled with, imagination, and creativity. It may not have a riveting plot or characters but its thoroughly entertaining.
Grade: B-
February 19, 2017
Blade 2 was an improvement.
½ February 18, 2017
Another great installment of the Blade franchise.
½ December 19, 2016
Great mix of horror and action for the sequel to the vampire-killing, played by an excellent Wesley Snipes
December 18, 2016
Easily the best in the franchise and overall just a badass action flick. Great fight scenes and Snipes is a king. Guillermo Del Toro rocked this one.
½ December 18, 2016
Fun to watch! It delivers on the acting and character development. You know why these characters are doing what they are doing. The continuity doesn't stop. The action ties into the drama and suspense and delivers here as well. The content is much like the original however, I personally didn't care for some of it. I would have preferred a pure monster movie with less scifi thrown into the mix. Good plot twists are in here as well. I hope there's another one soon.
October 27, 2016
Never get tired of watching this and I've seen it over 100 by now
½ October 23, 2016
Guillermo del Toro makes some slight improvements over the original and Snipes gives a far better performance as the titular vampire-hunter than he did the first time around, but, unlike a vamp, "Blade II" won't convert those that didn't enjoy the campy dialogue, shallow characters, weakly-plotted story, and mediocre fight sequences of the original.
½ October 17, 2016
Excellent! Snipes is tailor made for Blade!
September 17, 2016
Blade II is better then what most people give credit for. I'd dare say it's even better then the first.
September 6, 2016
What David S. Goyer's script might only focus on concept (a common theme to this day as of 2016), del Toro shows through his tremendous ability to give it life and substance through his action chroeography and costume, creature, and set design, something he influences and entrusts his other fellow designers and artists.
August 14, 2016
Would've been a 3.5 if it weren't for that final fight.
jamrcla
July 29, 2016
Solid sequel love it, Good action and effects, A good way to carry on the story and much better fight scenes.
½ July 19, 2016
Blade II's plot is almost nonexistent but Del Toro manages to salvage parts of the movie thanks to the action, pretty good CGI, and another good outing by Wesley Snipes.
July 10, 2016
The second installment in this franchise has more of what made the original so enjoyable and entertaining, but ultimately falls a little short of reaching the same level of greatness. I did enjoy seeing Norman Reedus and Ron Pearlman added to the cast, they were really fun to watch, and Wesley Snipes was still great as Blade. The plot just seemed not to be executed as well as it could have been, but there was still enough to make for a solid follow up to a really good film
½ June 20, 2016
This sequel doesn't really live up to the first one at all. It is still entertaining enough, but I just didn't enjoy it as much. This one has Blade teaming up with vampires to hunt a new breed of vampire that is resistant to vampire weaknesses and also feeds on other vampires. Ron Perlman is great in this one as a bad attitude, wise cracking vampire that hates Blade.
May 17, 2016
Better than the first only because the hip hop soundtrack and Norman Reedus earn it the extra half star.
May 14, 2016
Managing to be darker than its predecessor without having to sacrifice all the stylish action, Blade II, while its plot still feels a bit convoluted, successfully manages to prove Guillermo del Toro's efforts, including his second collaboration with Ron Perlman (because, let's face it, Perlman would never have been famous if it wasn't for del Toro)