Blade II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blade II Reviews

½ October 23, 2016
Guillermo del Toro makes some slight improvements over the original and Snipes gives a far better performance as the titular vampire-hunter than he did the first time around, but, unlike a vamp, "Blade II" won't convert those that didn't enjoy the campy dialogue, shallow characters, weakly-plotted story, and mediocre fight sequences of the original.
½ October 17, 2016
Excellent! Snipes is tailor made for Blade!
September 17, 2016
Blade II is better then what most people give credit for. I'd dare say it's even better then the first.
September 6, 2016
What David S. Goyer's script might only focus on concept (a common theme to this day as of 2016), del Toro shows through his tremendous ability to give it life and substance through his action chroeography and costume, creature, and set design, something he influences and entrusts his other fellow designers and artists.
August 14, 2016
Would've been a 3.5 if it weren't for that final fight.
July 29, 2016
Solid sequel love it, Good action and effects, A good way to carry on the story and much better fight scenes.
½ July 19, 2016
Blade II's plot is almost nonexistent but Del Toro manages to salvage parts of the movie thanks to the action, pretty good CGI, and another good outing by Wesley Snipes.
July 10, 2016
The second installment in this franchise has more of what made the original so enjoyable and entertaining, but ultimately falls a little short of reaching the same level of greatness. I did enjoy seeing Norman Reedus and Ron Pearlman added to the cast, they were really fun to watch, and Wesley Snipes was still great as Blade. The plot just seemed not to be executed as well as it could have been, but there was still enough to make for a solid follow up to a really good film
½ June 20, 2016
This sequel doesn't really live up to the first one at all. It is still entertaining enough, but I just didn't enjoy it as much. This one has Blade teaming up with vampires to hunt a new breed of vampire that is resistant to vampire weaknesses and also feeds on other vampires. Ron Perlman is great in this one as a bad attitude, wise cracking vampire that hates Blade.
May 17, 2016
Better than the first only because the hip hop soundtrack and Norman Reedus earn it the extra half star.
May 14, 2016
Managing to be darker than its predecessor without having to sacrifice all the stylish action, Blade II, while its plot still feels a bit convoluted, successfully manages to prove Guillermo del Toro's efforts, including his second collaboration with Ron Perlman (because, let's face it, Perlman would never have been famous if it wasn't for del Toro)
May 5, 2016
Blade returns thinking his mentor Whistler is dead only to discover he's alive with the vampire virus. He sets off to save his dear friend. Much like its predecessor, this sequel is action packed entertainment.
½ April 21, 2016
This very well be my most watched movie of all time and I never get bored of it.
½ April 2, 2016
Easily the best of the Blade films and the credit clearly goes to director Guillermo del Toro who leaves his unmistakable fingerprints all over this film. The creativity he brought to the creatures in the film, particularly the reapers, the various weapons, to the costumes, and to the overall production design all have a similar look to his other films such as "Pan's Labyrinth," "Mimic," or the Hellboy series. The first Blade film had an amazing opening scene with the vampire blood bath rave, but the filmmakers made the mistake of having to subsequence scene top that one and the rest of the film was merely a slick piece of entertainment. The third film was an obvious pander to gain a wider audience with it's PG-13 rating and inclusion of more humor, with was a low point for the series. This second film is the clear high point. David S. Goyer wrote all three films, but it's all del Toro who makes this film special. The story involves Blade making an unlikely alliance with the Vampire Council to rid the world of a new breed of vampire called Reapers. Wesley Snipes is good in the lead and Kris Kristofferson is alway a treat in any role. The supporting cast is particularly strong here though with Ron Perlman as a Vampire Council special forces operative who's looking for any excuse to end the alliance and kill Blade. I was also surprised when re-watching this film to see Norman Reedus of "The Walking Dead" fame in the film. I remembered the character, but had never placed Reedus in this film, even though he still has the same Daryl Dixon hair, but he's quite good as Blade's gadget-maker helper. The top that all off with the vastly under-appreciated Donnie Yen as part of the Vampire Council fighters and gets to show off in a few excellent marital arts sequences. Yen is also credited as the film's fight choreographer and most of the fights in this film are quite a cut above the other two Blade films. I remember when this film first came out, when I read Roger Ebert's review and there was no way I could NOT see this film after seeing Ebert start his review describing the film as a "brilliant vomitorium of viscera." That sentence pretty well lets any potential viewer know if they would be interested in this film or not. I was very taken by the vomitorium.
March 29, 2016
I know some people have problems with this one, but I can't seem to think of any! This is actually my favorite Blade movie... I LOVE this movie!
March 26, 2016
a Good Sequels of the Blade movie, i kinda like this one, than the first sequel
½ March 10, 2016
Lots of action, somewhat grotesque
February 22, 2016
do i need to give a reason?
½ January 17, 2016
La pelicula menos lograda de Guillermo del Toro. Si acaso vale el esfuerzo de verla es como defiende su estilo ludico, sin hacer a un lado las emocionantes coreografias.
December 9, 2015
A sequel that is as good as the original, great story and a even better effects. Great characters and the movie serves it justice.