Blade Runner Reviews

• 4d ago

Ridley Scott's atmospheric dream like Sci fi epic with Harrison Ford on the hunt or is he hunted for life like androids.

• Sep 07, 2019

A dark, depressing future. Almost perfect sci-fi.

A dark, depressing future. Almost perfect sci-fi.

• Sep 03, 2019

The plot isn't too complex, but every time I watch it I have the feeling that I din't really get it. Not sure why. Maybe because of the unnecessary plot twist (this is in opposition to the original book). Still absolutely love it. And I like that there are no "good guys" in this film. There is no right life in the wrong one.

• Sep 02, 2019

51 yeas old and I just saw this for the first time. I will say it's ridiculously heavy on the noirish woo-woo, and like the Matrix, kinda becomes a bit of a self-parody after a while. Still, good film, great visuals, drab storyline, technology makes no sense in it but that comes with the genre.

• Aug 31, 2019

A misunderstood movie that build's an incrediably

A misunderstood movie that build's an incrediably

• Aug 23, 2019

The plot is that the film looks good. And the take-away point is that this is how you do worldbuilding. I think the screenplay was like two and a half pages long, judging by the final product. But the scenery is nice.

• Aug 14, 2019

Blade Runner is a 1982 sci-fi-fantasy directed by Ridley Scott. The film stars Harrison Ford as Rick Deckard and Rutger Hauer as Roy Batty. The story follows Rick Deckard a retired Replicant Hunter who has been sent by the police to hunt down and kill four rogue Replicants. The story I found to be really gripping and intriguing, especially once you hit the second act of the film. The acting was also very strong, especially Rutger Hauer as Roy Batty, I found his performance to be really energetic and very stylistic. The characters were written and portrayed very well, from Rutger Hauer's great performance as Roy Batty to the rugged but still charming Rick Deckard. The cinematography I also found to be quite strong, with some very good shots of the characters and scenery. The settings and sets I personally found to be exemplary, from the detailed set designs to the realistic but still kind of unrealistic future settings. The costumes were also really strong and detailed, especially with the Replicants and other robotic characters. The film I also found to be very unique and stylistic, from the bright neon colours of the planet to the dark coloured underbelly of the planet. The special and practical effects were also really strong, especially for the time. The action was both intense and engaging, from the extremely atmospheric first scene to the intense chase scene toward the end of the film. The film did also have some really strong atmosphere, especially the final chase sequence. The film I also found to be really enjoyable, and I can't wait to watch it again. Over all I give it a 9/10 - would definitely recommend

• Jon B
    Aug 14, 2019

40 years old, and it's still the best movie I've watched this year

40 years old, and it's still the best movie I've watched this year

• Opwernby
    Aug 09, 2019

Joanna Cassidy was even there, reminiscing about Rutger Hauer. This was the Final Cut version of Blade Runner.

• Aug 07, 2019

This, along with the sequal, is my favorite movie of all time. The acting and visuals are astounding but this movie shines even brighter in its writing as it is one of the greatest films ever made.