The Blair Witch Project - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Blair Witch Project Reviews

½ February 8, 2018
this movie sucked when it came out and it sucks now
½ January 29, 2018
I think is one of the few horror movie that really scared me. I don't mean the classical "AAAAAHHHH" in the middle of a quite scene kind of scared. I mean the "is someone following me" kind, after leaving the cinema! I kinda can guess why younger generations won't like it, but for me is still one of the best horrors ever made.
½ January 17, 2018
not scary at all, the whole film was boring from start to finish and one of the biggest load of crap i have ever scene
½ January 3, 2018
watching people jump at the sound of twigs breaking for a full length film is not a good horror movie or movie in general.
½ December 29, 2017
Too surreal, even for me the horror genre lover..
December 27, 2017
Non sono mai stato un grande fan di questo genere di film, soprattutto perché è un modo facile e conveniente per portare soldi alle case di produzione, con il minor sforzo possibile. In questo caso, però, la fortunata coppia di registi ha l'assoluta esclusiva, visto che sono stati i primi ad introdurre questo particolare sottogenere dell'horror e non solo. Il film riesce a funzionare, trasmette una buona dose di angoscia grazie alle ottime interpretazioni e ovviamente allo stile unico del film. Niente di più e niente di meno.
½ December 24, 2017
Spooky af, anticlimactic ending
November 20, 2017
i cant believe this is one of the most popular horror movies, it was so boring and i really didnt care if the main characters are going to die, i understand its low budget but the movie is really overrated
the actors did a good job tho
November 14, 2017
Worst movie ever Initially interested in first person camera but the headache caused by but camera work and absolutely no story made me angry that I waisted my time on this one!!!!
½ November 9, 2017
No body likes it but it made a ton of money And they have been copying it for 18 years
November 3, 2017
the most overrated film in the world of cinema, the film has a good plot and it is very interesting, the end is very good, it creates tension, the first 50 minutes are very boring and desperate, this is not even a horror movie, but Well it's a psychological thriller, it's just a clumsy movie and that's it.
November 2, 2017
Further proving that what we don't see can be just as terrifying, if not even more than what we do see, The Blair Witch Project is a mostly terrifying and unique entry into the horror genre. The performances are very realistic and solid, for the most part. Channeling pure terror and fear into their roles, the actors perfectly get across and convey the horror of what's going on around them. This can be a detriment to the film as much as it is a good thing, mostly down to the fact that although their acting is rather convincing and appropriate given the subject matter, it can also feel a bit over the top and relentlessly obnoxious, especially since it can feel as if it's just a bunch of panicking and screaming. Concerning the mythology surrounding the Blair Witch project, the film does an interesting job exploring the legend while establishing a solid foundation to build upon as the film goes on. It doesn't delve too much into this fact though, however the film benefits from a very strong build up as events get worse and worse, steadily before the insane ending. It's hard to tell what's going to happen at any given time and the film maintains this feeling throughout. Benefiting from strong direction, Myrick successfully manages to build a haunting and spooky atmosphere while including some subtle, yet intriguing hints at the supernatural events going on. The use of found footage is very original and creative, lending the film a more authentic and realistic feel that in turn, makes the film even more terrifying but I can also work on the lesser side as well. It works mainly because since it's told through the use of camera, we don't actually get to see anything that's going on, and yet the film still manages to be as scary as it wants to be thanks to some crackling sound effects and the film's claustrophobic tone. It's not all that scary though even with its plethora of creativity and the camera's tendency to blur and move around so often can give the impressions of fright as much as it can give you the impression that there's nothing really going on. The Blair Witch Project is a crative and unique horror film that still proves, even with its flaws that there are some things out there that are better left unseen. -
½ October 26, 2017
One of the few movies I ever wanted a refund for...
October 22, 2017
Didn't really so much start the reality horror genre, as much as it sensationalized and commercialized it for jaded Internet users. Still, made the deep woods scary again.
½ October 17, 2017
I found it to be good. Horror is far from being my favorite genre but it is up near the top of it anyway. Relatively effective creepiness and convincing fear. 7.1 out of 10
October 15, 2017
A horror masterpiece.
½ October 13, 2017
A stupid, cliche and boring Horror Movie that started a series of more boring horror "movies"
October 9, 2017
I don't know why people don't like this movie, I think it's pretty original for the most part and I kind of like the fact that they don't ever show any witch or Monster. The vagueness of this movie is what makes it so special, you know there's something out there but you're not sure what it is. Sometimes in real life you just don't ever get the answer deal with it.
½ October 7, 2017
Very good yet you don't see the Blair Witch :(
October 6, 2017
Terrible boring horror movie.