The Blair Witch Project - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Blair Witch Project Reviews

November 20, 2017
i cant believe this is one of the most popular horror movies, it was so boring and i really didnt care if the main characters are going to die, i understand its low budget but the movie is really overrated
the actors did a good job tho
November 14, 2017
Worst movie ever Initially interested in first person camera but the headache caused by but camera work and absolutely no story made me angry that I waisted my time on this one!!!!
½ November 9, 2017
No body likes it but it made a ton of money And they have been copying it for 18 years
November 3, 2017
the most overrated film in the world of cinema, the film has a good plot and it is very interesting, the end is very good, it creates tension, the first 50 minutes are very boring and desperate, this is not even a horror movie, but Well it's a psychological thriller, it's just a clumsy movie and that's it.
November 2, 2017
Further proving that what we don't see can be just as terrifying, if not even more than what we do see, The Blair Witch Project is a mostly terrifying and unique entry into the horror genre. The performances are very realistic and solid, for the most part. Channeling pure terror and fear into their roles, the actors perfectly get across and convey the horror of what's going on around them. This can be a detriment to the film as much as it is a good thing, mostly down to the fact that although their acting is rather convincing and appropriate given the subject matter, it can also feel a bit over the top and relentlessly obnoxious, especially since it can feel as if it's just a bunch of panicking and screaming. Concerning the mythology surrounding the Blair Witch project, the film does an interesting job exploring the legend while establishing a solid foundation to build upon as the film goes on. It doesn't delve too much into this fact though, however the film benefits from a very strong build up as events get worse and worse, steadily before the insane ending. It's hard to tell what's going to happen at any given time and the film maintains this feeling throughout. Benefiting from strong direction, Myrick successfully manages to build a haunting and spooky atmosphere while including some subtle, yet intriguing hints at the supernatural events going on. The use of found footage is very original and creative, lending the film a more authentic and realistic feel that in turn, makes the film even more terrifying but I can also work on the lesser side as well. It works mainly because since it's told through the use of camera, we don't actually get to see anything that's going on, and yet the film still manages to be as scary as it wants to be thanks to some crackling sound effects and the film's claustrophobic tone. It's not all that scary though even with its plethora of creativity and the camera's tendency to blur and move around so often can give the impressions of fright as much as it can give you the impression that there's nothing really going on. The Blair Witch Project is a crative and unique horror film that still proves, even with its flaws that there are some things out there that are better left unseen. -
½ October 26, 2017
One of the few movies I ever wanted a refund for...
October 22, 2017
Didn't really so much start the reality horror genre, as much as it sensationalized and commercialized it for jaded Internet users. Still, made the deep woods scary again.
½ October 17, 2017
I found it to be good. Horror is far from being my favorite genre but it is up near the top of it anyway. Relatively effective creepiness and convincing fear. 7.1 out of 10
October 15, 2017
A horror masterpiece.
½ October 13, 2017
A stupid, cliche and boring Horror Movie that started a series of more boring horror "movies"
October 9, 2017
I don't know why people don't like this movie, I think it's pretty original for the most part and I kind of like the fact that they don't ever show any witch or Monster. The vagueness of this movie is what makes it so special, you know there's something out there but you're not sure what it is. Sometimes in real life you just don't ever get the answer deal with it.
½ October 8, 2017
Spooky at, anticlimactic ending
½ October 7, 2017
Very good yet you don't see the Blair Witch :(
October 6, 2017
Terrible boring horror movie.
October 4, 2017
Three student film makers go to the woods and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and oh my God just die already!

Seduced by all the hype, I went to see the movie when it was first released in theaters. You may have heard legends of the movie making people physically ill. I'm here to tell you that legend is true as I am one of the viewers who suffered from motion sickness from all the shaky cam. It got to the point where I couldn't look at the screen and had to look off at an Exit sign and just listen to the movie. Then when it was finally over, I ended up puking in the parking lot.

Not that I missed all that much by not looking at the screen. As my opening line accurately states, most of this 'thriller' is about people walking through the woods and asking "Where are we?"
September 21, 2017
the classic psychological horror film that spawned a movement of faux-documentary offshoots, few of which have come close to touching the ingenuity and genuine creepiness of the original.
½ September 8, 2017
This movie is just a horror classic that I can always go back and rewatch for a good scare. I love the home video aspect of it. The acting is low key and very realistic, perfect for this style of film. Watching it now is especially nostalgic for me, with all of the 90s music, clothes, and references. It's just really fun to watch - especially when you're alone in the dark!
September 2, 2017
Liked it film makers want you to believe Blair Witch is real and out there killing children.
½ August 23, 2017
To cut to the chase, this the most boring so called "horror" movie I've ever watched. There is no suspense whatsoever through the entire film, and unless you like watching scripted footage of people getting lost while camping (which is literally the entire movie), or you just take enjoyment out of being bored, then I cannot recommend film. Don't waste 1.5 hours of your life.