Blame It on Rio - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blame It on Rio Reviews

October 4, 2016
I liket they here Movie and the film with demi Moore and they here film-Movie for I like they here Movie and it is my the most best Movie-film with Demi Moore and Valerie Harper in the Movie World with Michael Caine who I like they Movie is from the years 1984.
June 26, 2016
Not bad for 80s flick
½ June 25, 2016
Middle aged man with marriage difficulties has a fling with his best friend's daughter. This film, along with Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, proves Michael Caine can do comedy quite effectively when called upon.
½ March 30, 2016
i just watch it to see that cute polaroid she makes :-)
September 7, 2015
An 80's classic. Seeing this movie at the age of 43 (the same age as the two men in the movie) was just a new experience...
April 13, 2015
If you missed this witless comedy count yourself lucky.
April 12, 2015
awesome rom-com from director Stanley donen
July 6, 2014
Rather creepy and leering sex comedy about 40 something Michael Caine on vacation in Rio with his friend, Joseph Bologna, and their daughters, Michelle Johnson and Demi Moore in an early role, though when Caine and Bologna's underage daughter strike up sexual relationship, wacky comedy ensures. Based upon a French door slamming comedy, this film feels like something of a show back to old Hollywood screwball comedies, so it seems appropriate that Hollywood Golden Age director Stanley Donen (Singin' in the Rain," "Charade") helmed the film. Considering the talent involved, including the writer of "Tootsie," you'd expected better.
½ May 27, 2014
In many ways, if you add in sex scenes, Blame it on Rio has the potential of being a soft-core adult movie. The subject matter is very risky for an early 80's comedy. Michael Caine stars in and puts his reputation on the line as the comedic element in this adult drama. Although comedy is thrown into the mix from time to time, Blame it on Rio is in many ways, a dark comedy. Much of the night scenes are in fact dark. Too dark to some standards, you can hardly make out the actors on screen. The beach scene alone could have been re-shot due to stupidity in the lighting department. Valerie Harper also makes an appearance alongside a very young Demi Moore who, unlike the eye candy of the movie, Michelle Johnson is reserved. Since Rio, Michelle Johnson slowly faded away, returning to do a small role from time to time. Her popularity from Rio could have and should have made her a top actress / ornament in Hollywood. Sadly, much like this movie, it has lost its strong youth audience to other movies with more nudity and less comedy.
½ February 1, 2014
If you can get past the uncomfortable subject matter, there is a lot of laughs to be had.
½ January 5, 2014
This movie was pretty dumb.
½ November 18, 2013
awesome trash- totally dated and creepy. but i still like it!
August 3, 2013
I've always liked this movie
May 29, 2013
ignore the critics, who must be catering to their humorless prudish wives. light hearted romantic comedy with politically incorrect amounts of eye candy.
½ March 11, 2013
I think I played hooky in highschool to see this. What was I thinking?
February 4, 2013
Michael Caine is wonderful as he exercises his dry wit in this film which manages to comfortably turn such taboo subject matter into comedy. The film has an interesting presentation in one of the world's most beautiful locations. No one can fault Matthew (Caine) for what he does, we can only blame it on Rio.
½ January 26, 2013
Titillation to the extreme.
January 22, 2013
Sometimes I wonder how movies get made. This film's logline: A married man has an affair with his best friend's daughter. Somehow, despite the film being a John Waters-type taboo, I bought into it. Afterwards, I felt cheated out of Rio and of the plot. But, Michael Caine in un-unlikeable. You can't hate him. He's just too great. Demi Moore in an early role flirts with a really dark character... But eventually turns out to be a living plot device. The harlot daughter is a pretty terrible actress. I'm not surprised this didn't end unconventionally in the 80s. I'm left thinking this film might actually be more successful now, because we seem to better capable at taking risks.
December 7, 2012
Want to see it! Will have to take into account!
½ October 19, 2012
Great Movie love it : )))