Blazing Saddles Reviews

• Feb 04, 2021

Mel Brooks continues his trend at punching up at idiots. This time, he goes after racism in the West and, by extension, racism in 1970s America. Unfortunately the movie is still relevant, which shows that nothing changed. But let me divert from that dour statement. Cleavon Little is perfect as Bart (it would have been interesting to have seen Richard Pryor in the role), Gene Wilder is sweet yet road weary, Harvey Keitel is having a ball as Hedey Lamar (that’s Hedley!), Madeline Kahn’s Marlene Dietrich impersonation is spot-on, and Alex Karras as Mongo is just beautiful. Every scene stands out as comedic gold, all the way to the end, but underneath it all is a genuine heart and a love for Westerns, which is what you need in parody.

• Jan 27, 2021

Hollywood couldn't make this movie now, so thank god Mel Brooks already did. An inspiration for so many comedies and tropes to come it is a foundation movie for comedy today.

• Jan 21, 2021

i can guarantee anyone who feels offended by the movie isn t black. the entiere thing is a satire of westerns and a critic of racism, anyone who think this movie is racist can litterally count their iq on their left hand

• Dec 27, 2020

One of Mel Brooks best, especially with Gene Wilder there.

One of Mel Brooks best, especially with Gene Wilder there.

• Dec 21, 2020

I Love this movie. My grandfather showed me saying there was a funny scene but there were so many, The ending was not needed so if you watch it skip the ending.

• Oct 22, 2020

I have tried this movie 3 times in the past 10 years because it just seems like the type of movie I would enjoy and every time, I come away with maybe one or two laughs for the whole film. I believe every topic is fair play for comedy, even race, but this movie is just not very funny. I think it's way overrated.

• Henry R
    Sep 21, 2020

Hilarious Very quotable

Hilarious Very quotable

• Sep 09, 2020

A few mildly funny lines at best. The main joke in this film about Willy Wonka going back to the Wild EST is that white people used to call black people bu the n word. Every now and then that joke becomes a little bit tired. Other than that there were a few clever ideas but generally not a film that has aged well.

• Aug 08, 2020

I want to like it, but Mel Brooks' satire about Western movies ran its course a long time ago. If you've never seen it, I would still recommend a viewing. It may not be funny anymore, but it really was pretty funny in 1974. Call it a "history of your grandparents' childhood" assignment.

• Jul 18, 2020

Best western ever and with many memorable scenes, still parodied to this day.

Best western ever and with many memorable scenes, still parodied to this day.