Bloodline Reviews

• 11h ago

Review: ‘Bloodline' is an American psychological-horror film directed by Henry Jacobson in his directorial debut. You can tell his movie is from a first-time director because it does have some flaws in that department. The film follows Evan Cole, (Seann Willian Scott) a high school guidance counsellor who after having a hard time at home himself after having the added stress of a newborn to what seemed like an already tense relationship, starts killing people. He listens to his kid's stories of they're troubled homelife and takes it upon himself to help him in the way he knows how, by taking the people causing them harm out of their life permanently. Seann William Scott blew me away in this movie. He was so good as this troubled counsellor who is seemingly looking for any excuse to be able to kill. I was skeptical at the beginning, just because I'm used to him being in comedy films and taking a chance in a horror film as the killer is a big leap. Luckily, he pulls it off and left me wanting to see him in more roles like this. The movie is a slow burn for sure, and it may not be for a fan of a typical slasher movie. I enjoyed it personally, but just felt obligated to say, don't go in expecting Scream, or Halloween. Overall, this was a big surprise for sure. Seann William Scott will blow you away with his performance as Even Cole and even though the direction does get weird in certain spots, I can respect a first-time director trying new things in a movie like this. 3/5

• 1d ago

I liked this movie. SWS did a great job. It was a slower movie but enjoyable. Nails what people really want to do to certain people in real-life.

• 3d ago

Excellent horror thriller. Great performances, great script.

Excellent horror thriller. Great performances, great script.

• 4d ago

They already had me at Seann William Scott & Blumhouse, I didn't have to look at anything else so I went in pretty blind, only to discover a surprisingly great lead performance in a bold and brutal Blumhouse release. Seann William Scott, portraying a therapist (counselor at a high school) who's secretly a serial killer with a mentality that's all about family values, leads this mildly art-house-like, bloody and mean spirited Blumhouse small screen release. The very opening sets the tone swiftly, with the first half an hour showing off treats for the fans of graphic horror, great performances, decent original score and aesthetic values. It's arguable, of course, but I think the first 1/3 of "Bloodline" worked best, it didn't 'grow' afterwards, but stayed just as strong. The story is kind of simple, yet there are one or two twists that You might not expect. I'd have wished for a little more spectacular ending. Whatever the flaws, "Bloodline" still manages to impress, it feels and looks quite cold-blooded, effective. Mad props to Seann William Scott who I'm most definitely now expecting to see in at least a few more horror movies in the years to come. Also, I have to compliment the use of practical FX and the bleakness of some of the kill scenes, well done. Aesthetics-wise "Bloodline" looks like an indie alright, but a it's good one at that. I think that "Bloodline" has earned the right to be called a character piece, the gore is not the only attraction. I hope people like it as much as me, because "Blumhouse" is doing everything right by producing projects like this one. My rating: 7/10.

• 5d ago

Slow burn with no punch

Slow burn with no punch

• 6d ago

Absolutely loved it! Seann William Scott nails this performance! Going to buy this one for sure.

• Oct 08, 2019

Loved it! Lauren is fantastic as representing a new mom with all the initial issues. Trying to figure out how to be the best for her child and protect him.

• Oct 02, 2019

Music amazing , story very good, acting good, script 9/10

Music amazing , story very good, acting good, script 9/10

• Sep 29, 2019

Incredible performance from Seann William Scott

Incredible performance from Seann William Scott

• Sep 27, 2019

First off: the acting is great! I loved the 80's synth score and the direction in particular. The story isn't all that original, but for horror fans of the serial killer sub-genre this packs a punch, with some awesome twists. I loved it. 4/5