Blue Jasmine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blue Jasmine Reviews

November 30, 2016
Another Woody Allen classic... Andrew Dice Clay stands out in a too brief role in the film. On Blu-ray.
November 26, 2016
Awful. Disgusting male characters.
October 14, 2016
*SPOILER WARNING* (pun not intended)

An example of the pain caused by romantic deceit, financial deceit, unwanted advances, alcoholism, socialite spoilage, addiction to psychotropic meds, lack of treatment for psychological diagnoses, and a class of people who backstab, spread gossip, and judge each other harshly for their lines of work. By the time she was through with San Francisco, Jasmine Francis never knew anyone she wanted to see again, and they never wanted to see her again either. If I were in Francis' shoes at the end, only a place like a group home or psychiatric care facility would've kept me from dying on the streets and getting interred as a Jane Doe.
October 6, 2016
I liked this movie..i like blanchett..its funny the support cosby lost for that bs what was put on him how they pulled his show off air..yet we continue to support and love woody allen even though he married his daugher..oops wait his step daughter..which im sure he was sexually attracted waaaay b 4 she hit 18...things that make u go..mmmmmmm
½ September 24, 2016
Great movie. The story might not be 100% original, but the dialogue is smart and funny, the direction is superb and the performances are stunning, especially Blanchett.
September 22, 2016
I loved everything about this movie. The plot was complicated and believable, alternating between present time and flashbacks. By the end of the film it was revealed why Jasmine was so deeply disturbed. Cate Blanchett was wonderful as Jasmine, and Sally Hawkins did a great job as her sister, Ginger. This is one of those movies that I didn't want to end.
September 21, 2016
Blue Jasmine is a remarcably well directed and acted movie, even though something is missing in the screenplay.
This film misses some substance.
August 29, 2016
One of my Favorite Woody Allen's Film
August 14, 2016
begenmedim, woody allen filmi, cate blanchett ba?rolde. alec baldwin zengin kocas?, bir gün kocas?n?n caplk?nl?klar?n? ögreniyor cate ve fbi ya ihbar ediyor kocas?n?, sonra hapse at?yorlar vs meteliksiz kal?or kad?n, sonra k?z kardel?iin yan?na san francisco ya ta??n?yor vs olaylar olaylar, loser bir ?ekilde son sahnede du?tna c?k?p bankta oturmu? ?ekilde kendi kendine konu?uyor..
½ August 12, 2016
This was good. Snobbery galore.
½ August 10, 2016
Cate Blanchett is terrific in this sharp, bittersweet tale of upper class fidelity.
July 29, 2016
Utterly vacuous, boring film. May I ask why a one-note performance of a one-note character is deserving of an Academy Award for Best Actress?????
½ July 10, 2016
Great acting but slow story. Cate Blanchett is amazing!!
½ July 1, 2016
Although one of Woody Allen's best, it's carried by his steady directing and Cate Blanchett's performance.
½ June 30, 2016
70% Those who are interested in other movies they see on the review list would not be interested in Blue Jasmine. But even they can't deny that the movie boasts a powerful cast and balances well between charming and dramatic moments.
June 27, 2016
The downfall of a wealthy Manhattan socialite played by Cate Blanchett. She discovers her husband is cheating on her and he is later arrested for a financial scandal. Upon losing all her wealth she flies out to San Francisco to live with her sister to start life over but instead she slowly deteriorates mentally because she is unable to adjust to the changes in her life.
June 22, 2016
85%
Saw this on 21/6/16
Woody Allen's craft is top-notch and his exploration of pathtic and condemnable lives is a true reflection of humanity that is deeply disturbing despite the film being covered in a comedy. Cate Blanchett does not act here, she lives the character. Allen is the director who is most often branded to genres while my experience with the director's films have made me realize that no genre has yet been made to contain his films. The film however holds some cliched plot points in its final act which might make people look away from the big picture.
May 31, 2016
Absolute knockout film in every way!!! Everyone in this film is perfectly cast, it feels like I'm not even watching a movie and just catching second hand gossip about people that I know. It feels current and up to date (especially in regards to the Berrnie Madoff scandal) and is not dull for a moment. I think it is one of Woody Allen's best films and maybe one of the best films I've seen in the past 5 years. Even if you could care less about Allen see this film for the amazing cast and one of the best performances I have ever seen in Cate Blanchett's character. This is the kind of movie that every time I watch it I want to stand up and applaud.
May 29, 2016