Blue Jasmine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blue Jasmine Reviews

½ September 1, 2018
Woody Allen's forte is delivering dysfunctional people living troubled lives. That's what this movie delivers. If you're looking for a happy ending, look elsewhere.
August 28, 2018
No me gusta Allen pero Cate se pasˇ en esta pelÝcula
August 23, 2018
I enjoyed this film. You spend much of it deciding if our unreliable protagonist is being forth coming in her perspective of what events have transpired, but ultimately it is worth the watch. Also worth seeing a few actors who have had break outs since this was filmed, such as Sally Hawkins (Shape of Water) and Alden Ehrenreich (Solo).
½ August 19, 2018
Though bolstered by Cate Blanchett's performance, Jasmine's story is still not one to waste your time on due to her sheer lack of empathy.
August 6, 2018
Anyone else see the parallels (loose though they were) between this movie and allen's own life? I mean, come on, jasmine's husband shtupping the au paire, then leaving her to marry the au paire.
July 17, 2018
(F)

8.3

[Woody Allen]
½ July 7, 2018
Cate Blanchett. 'Nuff said. Watch this movie for a terrific performance by one of the best actresses of our generation and the way she leads this brilliant drama about a socialite whose life spirals out of control after her husband is arrested.
½ July 4, 2018
So boring and the ending is crap
June 19, 2018
I find it odd when so many critics choose to embrace a film that, done by any other director, would be considered a tremendous bore. Woody Allen has fallen flat with Blue Jasmine, not because it is a boring subject, it is actually a rather interesting topic. It isn't because the actors perform poorly, they were rather strong, especially the incredible Kate Blanchett. No, it was because Woody wrote a lazy screenplay that seemed more like an ad-libbed outline to a good film that was saved in part because of strong acting. Alec Baldwin and Louis CK were under utilized, particularly Alec. The plot is full of holes and under explored elements. The dialogue is so weak for a Woody Allen movie. While the movie does end, it is a rather weak one. The pacing is uneven and some scenes are just poorly directed, full of unnatural pauses and unbelievable emotions. In short, it was embarrassing for a Woody Allen movie, but even more embarrassing that 117 out of 130 critics are so snowed by Woody's aura that they cannot be objective. Read the 13 dissenting opinions. They saw this film for what it was.
June 14, 2018
Blanchett is extraordinary as a self-absorbed bipolar narcissist. Unfortunately it's the side characters that muddle and cram the focus.
½ June 10, 2018
Sally Hawkins bursts out of this film. East coast meets the west coast. Typical scenery and shots of a Woody Allen film. Not as good as "Midnight in Paris." The performance of Andrew Dice Clay and Alec Baldwin's suits are enough to watch. Cate Blanchett made me anxious throughout.
½ June 9, 2018
The film fails to offer a character with whom we can empathize, except for, strangely, Andrew Dice Clay.
June 5, 2018
This Woody Allen movie is worth watching. Cate Blanchett is Woody Allen. It's amazing how Woody puts himself into each character in his writing.
½ May 9, 2018
From the opening scene to closing scene, flowed very well with interesting characters.
½ April 26, 2018
Lead by a stunning lead performance, Woody Allen has continued dominating the scene and our attention.
April 18, 2018
Very fine acting from Cate Blanchett, Sally Hawkins and Alex Baldwin. But the story is cheerless. I felt sorry for the horrible, sad, bitter people looking for a 'good' life. None of them were that likeable: except of course for Sally Hawkins!
½ April 12, 2018
an acting tour de force; blanchett is magnetic, articulate - even arresting - as a neurotic new york socialite. it's hard to imagine the carefully crafted script without her.
March 12, 2018
Cate Blanchett give amazing performance
½ February 8, 2018
Not much new in this drama, but Blanchett is good and it was compelling.
January 27, 2018