Blue Jasmine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blue Jasmine Reviews

April 9, 2017
My first foray into the filmography of Woody Allen and though this drama does have a solid cast who act really well, looks great, has a good score and a decent plot I can't relate or sympathise with the majority of the characters who for the most part come across as flimsy and self centred. The script is also pretty average with plenty of exposition and it feels rushed, could've done with a longer runtime.
½ March 13, 2017
Cate Blanchett's outstanding performance is perfect as a wealthy woman whose wonderful life is tested after being aware that her millionaire husband had cheated on her on countless ocassions and had illegal businesses all over. A perfect transition from having it all to having nothing and a dramatic descent into madness. Absolutely worthy of her Academy Award for Best Actress!! As well as Sally Hawkins's nomination :)
March 6, 2017
Perhaps a bit too dark for my taste and not the biggest fans of ambiguous endings...
February 17, 2017
Cate Blanchett is my personal favorite Actress, and this movie shows you why
½ February 4, 2017
Once again, Cate Blanchett delights us with such a supreme and amazing interpretation of a woman who after losing all her money, she eventually witnesses an exasperating collapse of her mind. Woody Allen's creativity and ability to create powerful movies is shown in this melodrama, being a great psychological and thought-provoking study of how anxiety, depression and many other symptoms can a person have after a radical change on their lifestyle. This situation can happen to anyone, so it makes us think about people we may know who have experienced something similar, developing empathy on this profound observation.
February 4, 2017
'Blue Jasmine' has a non-linear and parallel-like structure that shows us the progression of its premise, a New York housewife who struggles with a life crisis, once residing at her Park Avenue Penthouse, now minimized to a cramped San Francisco apartment with her sister Ginger. Now Jasmine has to put her life together piece by piece.

Cate Blanchett gives a transformative performance as Jasmine, a neurotic and narcissistic character. Jasmine is fleshed out, unraveled excellently, and the rendering is uncanny. 'Blue Jasmine' utilizes Blanchett's talents which buoys the film while also examining relevant socio-economic issues such as class.

Its premise is fully realized at the end, a painful and delicate conclusion to the deterioration of an ambitious life founded on duplicity
January 31, 2017
Excellent Woody Allen Movie
½ January 26, 2017
Dirigida por Woody Allen. Jasmine (Cate Blanchett) tiene una crisis cuando su multimillonario esposa Hall (Alec Badlwin) se suicida luego de una serie de crisis personales y laborales, dejándola sola, pobre y al borde del colapso. Recurrirá a su hermana adoptiva Ginger (Sally Hawkins) a quién menospreció por mucho tiempo, tratando de rehacer su vida
January 2, 2017
Good film. Happy ending (for me anyway). Cate Blanchett does a great job portraying a truely hateful character
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
December 25, 2016
Cate Blanchett's yet another spectacular performance made this flick 5 stars!
December 21, 2016
There a good movie entertaining sad and humorous totally recommend it it's a good long story short I enjoyed it from the beginning all the way to the end.. *****
½ December 17, 2016
Not Woody Allen's best movie but a perfectly fine movie.
November 30, 2016
Another Woody Allen classic... Andrew Dice Clay stands out in a too brief role in the film. On Blu-ray.
November 26, 2016
Awful. Disgusting male characters.
October 14, 2016
*SPOILER WARNING* (pun not intended)

An example of the pain caused by romantic deceit, financial deceit, unwanted advances, alcoholism, socialite spoilage, addiction to psychotropic meds, lack of treatment for psychological diagnoses, and a class of people who backstab, spread gossip, and judge each other harshly for their lines of work. By the time she was through with San Francisco, Jasmine Francis never knew anyone she wanted to see again, and they never wanted to see her again either. If I were in Francis' shoes at the end, only a place like a group home or psychiatric care facility would've kept me from dying on the streets and getting interred as a Jane Doe.
October 6, 2016
I liked this movie..i like blanchett..its funny the support cosby lost for that bs what was put on him how they pulled his show off air..yet we continue to support and love woody allen even though he married his daugher..oops wait his step daughter..which im sure he was sexually attracted waaaay b 4 she hit 18...things that make u go..mmmmmmm
½ September 24, 2016
Great movie. The story might not be 100% original, but the dialogue is smart and funny, the direction is superb and the performances are stunning, especially Blanchett.
September 22, 2016
I loved everything about this movie. The plot was complicated and believable, alternating between present time and flashbacks. By the end of the film it was revealed why Jasmine was so deeply disturbed. Cate Blanchett was wonderful as Jasmine, and Sally Hawkins did a great job as her sister, Ginger. This is one of those movies that I didn't want to end.