Blue Jasmine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blue Jasmine Reviews

June 17, 2017
Blue Jasmine is one of the great films of 2013 and Woody Allens best i ever saw !It's a character study at once funny and sad, disturbing and tender... Cate Blanchett gives the performance of her career! A well deserved Oscar
June 17, 2017
8/10 Great acting and as an Allen-y plot and characters as you expect, this bitter-sweet (mostly bitter) comedy drama touches and makes you think.
½ June 11, 2017
An excellently executed film - even if the story is fairly standard. Cate Blanchett acts phenomenally and is captured by strong camera work in some beautiful sets. The biggest complaint I have from it is the child actors, who were just used as props and had abysmal acting talent. Thankfully the film was good enough that it didn't bother me too much.
June 10, 2017
What an overrated film. Yes the acting is great. But what a dull story about a dull screwed up person. Dice is surprisingly excellent in his small supporting role. Miserable depressing ending with no redemption or resolution.
June 3, 2017
Blanchet is divine. Pretty good form for Woody too.
May 20, 2017
Superb acting acting all round, nice set.
End is a bit of a disappointment after the lovely flow of the piece.
May 14, 2017
Some really great acting highlights this, at times predictable story of a woman's decline after the collapse of her marriage and her life. Cate Blanchett won a well deserved Oscar for her portrayal of Jasmine, but the story seems somewhat contrived and Woody Allen's direction is good, but not up to his heyday work.
April 9, 2017
My first foray into the filmography of Woody Allen and though this drama does have a solid cast who act really well, looks great, has a good score and a decent plot I can't relate or sympathise with the majority of the characters who for the most part come across as flimsy and self centred. The script is also pretty average with plenty of exposition and it feels rushed, could've done with a longer runtime.
½ March 13, 2017
Cate Blanchett's outstanding performance is perfect as a wealthy woman whose wonderful life is tested after being aware that her millionaire husband had cheated on her on countless ocassions and had illegal businesses all over. A perfect transition from having it all to having nothing and a dramatic descent into madness. Absolutely worthy of her Academy Award for Best Actress!! As well as Sally Hawkins's nomination :)
March 6, 2017
Perhaps a bit too dark for my taste and not the biggest fans of ambiguous endings...
February 17, 2017
Cate Blanchett is my personal favorite Actress, and this movie shows you why
½ February 4, 2017
Once again, Cate Blanchett delights us with such a supreme and amazing interpretation of a woman who after losing all her money, she eventually witnesses an exasperating collapse of her mind. Woody Allen's creativity and ability to create powerful movies is shown in this melodrama, being a great psychological and thought-provoking study of how anxiety, depression and many other symptoms can a person have after a radical change on their lifestyle. This situation can happen to anyone, so it makes us think about people we may know who have experienced something similar, developing empathy on this profound observation.
February 4, 2017
'Blue Jasmine' has a non-linear and parallel-like structure that shows us the progression of its premise, a New York housewife who struggles with a life crisis, once residing at her Park Avenue Penthouse, now minimized to a cramped San Francisco apartment with her sister Ginger. Now Jasmine has to put her life together piece by piece.

Cate Blanchett gives a transformative performance as Jasmine, a neurotic and narcissistic character. Jasmine is fleshed out, unraveled excellently, and the rendering is uncanny. 'Blue Jasmine' utilizes Blanchett's talents which buoys the film while also examining relevant socio-economic issues such as class.

Its premise is fully realized at the end, a painful and delicate conclusion to the deterioration of an ambitious life founded on duplicity
January 31, 2017
Excellent Woody Allen Movie
½ January 26, 2017
Dirigida por Woody Allen. Jasmine (Cate Blanchett) tiene una crisis cuando su multimillonario esposa Hall (Alec Badlwin) se suicida luego de una serie de crisis personales y laborales, dejándola sola, pobre y al borde del colapso. Recurrirá a su hermana adoptiva Ginger (Sally Hawkins) a quién menospreció por mucho tiempo, tratando de rehacer su vida
January 2, 2017
Good film. Happy ending (for me anyway). Cate Blanchett does a great job portraying a truely hateful character
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
December 25, 2016
Cate Blanchett's yet another spectacular performance made this flick 5 stars!
December 21, 2016
There a good movie entertaining sad and humorous totally recommend it it's a good long story short I enjoyed it from the beginning all the way to the end.. *****
½ December 17, 2016
Not Woody Allen's best movie but a perfectly fine movie.