Blues Brothers 2000 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

July 29, 2016
I'm not Relying on the Reviews on this movie,
It Just Looks Horrible.
½ June 13, 2016
The only movie I've seen that I could not physically finish watching.
½ June 11, 2016
Blues Brothers 2000 is a nonsensical mess that has no plot, no comedy and doesn't even have the other Blues Brother. It takes everything that you liked about the first Blues Brother's movie and throws it away and instead introduces noninteresting characters that are staler than an old dorito and comedy that is more cringe worthy and eye rolling than funny. The only thing that it has going for it is nostalgia and decent music.
April 18, 2016
Enjoyable but not needed sequel has great music
½ April 6, 2016
The original was a classic, this is not.
January 26, 2016
Of all the pointless sequels that have been made, Blues Brothers 2000 is probably the most pointless. It's incredibly misguided, did it make any money? I've never heard a good word said about it anyway, everyone involved should be ashamed. Even the array of amazing musicians couldn't save it. Just awful, especially when you compare it to the fantastic original.
January 2, 2016
Hey it could've been worse, they could've replaced Belushi with Pauly shore or something
December 16, 2015
With only decent song renditions holding it up, unfunny jokes, and a completely inept misguidedness in decisions, Blues Brothers 2000 is more than enough of an answer to why the original didn't need a sequel.
August 31, 2015
Blues Brothers died when Belushi died.
August 6, 2015
Has great music but removes the humor and adds weirdness, a depressing plot and has the first movies one flaw, painfully slow pacing.
½ June 30, 2015
Good but obviously isn't as good as the first with no Belushi with toned down language and PG-13. Age 13+
June 2, 2015
I loved this movie as a kid and I still do now. It's ridiculous and fun. I will never care what anyone has to say about this movie because it is one of my guilty pleasures.
½ May 14, 2015
A stinking insult to the fun,spirited original.
½ May 4, 2015
It's bad. The only thing that can redeem it is its well done musical numbers.
A rotten rating of 23%
"With no laughs or over the top action which is what made the first one so great, Blues Brothers 2000 has only one thing redeeming it: The musical numbers."
April 28, 2015
Dan Aykroyd and John Landis get the band back together for the reunion film Blues Brothers 2000. Less of a sequel and more of a remake, the story is beat for beat the same as the original. Which shows a complete lack of originality and creativity, making the film utterly pointless. But beyond that, the tone is inconsistent and is full of cartoonishness and fantasy themes that don't work. A spectacular mess, Blues Brothers 2000 has no idea what it's doing.
½ March 27, 2015
A committed performance from Aykroyd and some game performances from the rest of the cast along with some wonderful music and musical cameos can't cover the cracks of a poor script, some truly awful editing and sadly the general question of 'Why?' that hangs over the entire proceedings.
February 27, 2015
I understood the desire for a sequel and I tried hard to like this, but it hit far below the original. It doesn't have the same feel and with Belushi missing, it's just wrong.
½ February 22, 2015
Mon prefere des 2 films... De bons numà (C)ros musicaux et des carambolages parfaits !
February 14, 2015
The first question that immediately comes to my mind is this - who asked for a sequel to the Blues Brothers, let alone one that was made nearly two decades after the original? The whole film seems like it came out of a cryogenic freezer, because every aspect of the film felt terribly outdated. The story comes across to me as a slap in the face of common sense. Why would a group of people give up lucrative careers just to make bluesy R&B that clearly doesn't matter anymore? Speaking of that, the acting isn't too bad, but it seems like the actors didn't even care. Dan Aykroyd at least tries to act his way out of a bad movie, but in the end, it's too late. In my opinion, the film actually would have been better if it weren't loaded with special effects, and they even cut corners in that department. Aside from a fairly decent cover of "Ghost Riders in the Sky", there's nothing of merit. It's a film that's stuck in the 1980's, all while carrying that gimmicky "2000" label, which only further cements this film as a bitter old fossil.
November 24, 2014
The Blues are back but did we really need them? Ill-conceived storyline involving a music competition and racial sterotypes - which didn't seem so offensive in 1980. 1 star for the music which is admittedly good and another for the post credits scene by James Brown reprising his role as a funky reverend.