Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan Reviews

October 14, 2017
LOVE it!!! Def on my top 10 all time favorites list!
½ September 18, 2017
What I saw was fairly funny....
½ September 16, 2017
Almost classic status. Maybe needs more time. The original character from the TV show/s is best.
August 22, 2017
You will find yourself googling if some of these events actually took place. It's a blaze of fire we can not look away from.
July 19, 2017
Great fantastic phenomenal funny hilarious movie starring who knows but he's hilarious. I loved every second of this movie and every joke in this movie is funny, really funny. I can't wait to see what this guy does next, I think he created Bruno. Everything is awesome in this movie, the jokes and I like that they take it to the extra level, it's just the best.
July 3, 2017
A funny satirical film in they eyes of a Kazakh journalist who documents America's culture. The unscripted stunts and jokes in the film are what makes Borat so enjoyable and funny!
June 15, 2017
Borat may be offensive and crude but it does so in the funniest way possible. Sacha Baron Cohen's performance is daring and he seems committed to the role. The film's documentary approach is actually clever since almost everyone who isn't Borat is an actual person, none of them are actors. There's just something I find amusing in seeing two people fight each other naked in a hotel. Maybe it's the intentionally mock feel so that the film can be all like "It's a Kazakhstan thing". The fact that about 80-85% of the film is unscripted even means lots and lots of improvisation. Everyone loves the improv, am I right? It's the kind of film that shocks but remains hilarious at the same time. As a satirical mockumentary, what did I expect? We'll probably never get another one of these since Baron Cohen's characters are too well-known nowadays in the aftermath of the films based off of characters from Da Ali G Show. But all in all if you only watch one mockumentary, and yes I specifically mean mockumentary, in a year, let that mockumentary be Borat.
April 8, 2017
Personal favorite and funniest movie over ever watched.
½ April 4, 2017
Racist movie: The old cliches of the anti semitic muslim, of Kazakhstan (a nation with a rich and complex history) as a bed rock for prostitutes and degeneracy (which was mostly probably the fault of white settlers, not that this movie mentions this)..... Unashamedly Islamophobic and built on a bed of racist jokes by a jewish "comedian". Not surprisingly, this was a big hit in George Bush's America. Hateful movie, just save whatever money you can and just see Sacha Baron Cohen's "comedy" on tv instead.
½ March 23, 2017
Easily Cohen's best character by FAR! Awkwardly hilarious!
March 22, 2017
Hilarious movie, its humor and caustic satire are top-notch. You just can't get enough Borat jokes, they are truly shocking and stinging, and yet remarkably truthful.
February 21, 2017
Grade - C-
The best way I can describe 'Borat' is a montage of crazy, ridiculous occurences, some of which are extremley funny, but a many of which don't quite hit the mark. A bit of a mixed bag, but if you like Cohen's humour you should at least give it a try.
January 29, 2017
unbelievably hilarious and clever. Sacha is an amazing actor and Borat is a genius character (about 7 viewings)
January 8, 2017
Great courage for their recklessness and fearlessness.
But their behavior seems not cultural satire but rather vicious mischief, just violating taboos.
½ December 19, 2016
An offensive but irresistible comedy classic. Get ready for laugh out loud moments galore
December 5, 2016
Man, this is one of the funniest movies ive ever seen. This is awesome. So nasty tho.
½ November 27, 2016
Racist and raunchy - but in all the good ways - Sacha Baron Cohan proves why he is the master of what he does. With more than a few hilarious moments (unfortunately, most in reference to Jews!) Borat is cringey and over dramatic, even for its superb lead... for the better or the worse.
Verdict: B
November 21, 2016
Probably the best mockumentary ever made.
½ October 24, 2016
dont think ill ever understand why this was so universally praised. i think the borat segments on da ali g show are great. as a really long skit it works okay, but not as a movie for me. some funny bits so not a total disappointment, but goes too far a few too many times and that isnt the same thing as being funny.