Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan Reviews

April 8, 2017
Personal favorite and funniest movie over ever watched.
½ April 4, 2017
Racist movie: The old cliches of the anti semitic muslim, of Kazakhstan (a nation with a rich and complex history) as a bed rock for prostitutes and degeneracy (which was mostly probably the fault of white settlers, not that this movie mentions this)..... Unashamedly Islamophobic and built on a bed of racist jokes by a jewish "comedian". Not surprisingly, this was a big hit in George Bush's America. Hateful movie, just save whatever money you can and just see Sacha Baron Cohen's "comedy" on tv instead.
½ March 23, 2017
Easily Cohen's best character by FAR! Awkwardly hilarious!
March 22, 2017
Hilarious movie, its humor and caustic satire are top-notch. You just can't get enough Borat jokes, they are truly shocking and stinging, and yet remarkably truthful.
February 21, 2017
Grade - C-
The best way I can describe 'Borat' is a montage of crazy, ridiculous occurences, some of which are extremley funny, but a many of which don't quite hit the mark. A bit of a mixed bag, but if you like Cohen's humour you should at least give it a try.
January 29, 2017
unbelievably hilarious and clever. Sacha is an amazing actor and Borat is a genius character (about 7 viewings)
½ January 29, 2017
What I saw was fairly funny....
January 8, 2017
Great courage for their recklessness and fearlessness.
But their behavior seems not cultural satire but rather vicious mischief, just violating taboos.
½ December 19, 2016
An offensive but irresistible comedy classic. Get ready for laugh out loud moments galore
December 5, 2016
Man, this is one of the funniest movies ive ever seen. This is awesome. So nasty tho.
½ November 27, 2016
Racist and raunchy - but in all the good ways - Sacha Baron Cohan proves why he is the master of what he does. With more than a few hilarious moments (unfortunately, most in reference to Jews!) Borat is cringey and over dramatic, even for its superb lead... for the better or the worse.
Verdict: B
November 21, 2016
Probably the best mockumentary ever made.
½ October 24, 2016
dont think ill ever understand why this was so universally praised. i think the borat segments on da ali g show are great. as a really long skit it works okay, but not as a movie for me. some funny bits so not a total disappointment, but goes too far a few too many times and that isnt the same thing as being funny.
½ October 15, 2016
This was and still is, the funniest movie I have ever seen. Essentially a nationwide prank on America that highlights our poor understanding of foreign cultures, Sacha Baron Cohen created the perfect comedy movie with this one.
October 12, 2016
One of the greatest comedic characters in film history, Borat is the ultimate in hilariously offensive and uncomfortable humor. There really isn't a single bad scene in the bunch (the douchebags in the camper, national anthem at the rodeo and the fancy dinner all standout), as we watch Cohen satirize upper-crest Western society. Always wonderful, but especially perfect the way it fits in during the Trump era.
October 1, 2016
This movie is definatly funny.
September 8, 2016
Oh man, the moment Borat was sitting on a dinner party, asking the host and her guests where to put his shit, even asking the hist to wipe her ass! Hahahahaha the balls on this guy!! Oh my fucking God, naughty laughs galore. Not much story wise, but just go with it, if you're like me, you'll cry laughing
½ September 5, 2016
Difficile de dire que ša n'est pas un chef-d'oeuvre!
August 14, 2016
Tastless ,crass and absolutely hysterical!