The Bourne Supremacy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bourne Supremacy Reviews

April 26, 2017
A continuation of Bourne on the run and still lives up to the first with great action scenes
April 6, 2017
My favorite Jason Bourne adventure!
March 9, 2017
would be better rating if the camera would stop shaking around the place
March 7, 2017
What a great sequel! Probably even better than the first. The action scenes are awesome. Damon & the cast are great. This franchise gets better and better.
½ March 5, 2017
Another good addition after the Bourne Identity, the movie explores Bourne's past and is another action paced movie. Excellent action packed thriller.
February 28, 2017
The Bourne Supremacy is a smartly-written and entertaining sequel that boasts heart-stopping action and even a bit of drama as, early on, a likable character, whom I'm going to keep anonymous to avoid being accused of spoiling the movie, from Identity is killed off. Matt Damon is once again a badass in the role and he pulls off such a compelling performance as the titular amnesiac former CIA assassin that you don't need to be familiar with the Robert Ludlum books to enjoy it. However, one thing I didn't really enjoy was the overuse of shaky camera. While the action sequences keep you wanting Bourne to prevail, the shaky cam made it hard for me to understand which one's Bourne and felt that the car chases weren't quite on par with the one from the first film. This movie is still a winner in its own right nevertheless.
February 22, 2017
"The Bourne Supremacy" adds excitement and thrill to the Bourne franchise, and personally I found it to be much more intense than the first movie. This second instalment in the Bourne series basically is where Jason Bourne's (Matt Damon) revenge comes in, and where the action plot takes over, whereas the first movie was basically an establishment of the characters, and just progressing the story to have a lead up to "The Bourne Supremacy". This movie uses that build up, and absolutely runs with it. The amount of intensity that this movie brings is amazing, from the car chases, to the phone calls that Bourne makes to Pamela Landy (Joan Allen), to all the fight scenes in between, "The Bourne Supremacy" has all the pieces to be a classic action movie. Matt Damon fills the role stunningly - Jason Bourne is just SUCH a badass in this movie. Every line he delivers seems like it was edited for weeks by writers before it was put into the script - his character is that good in this movie. The only issue that I have with this movie, however, is the multi-dimensional plot that it brings in. If you miss a scene or two, this movie suddenly gets extremely confusing, as every part of this movie showcases an eventful part of the plot, which gets kind of overwhelming. But, once you get past the plot and just let the beauty of the movie's thrill, excitement, and sheer intensity, "The Bourne Supremacy" is definitely worth the watch.
January 11, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: I had high hopes for this film after the brilliance of 'Bourne Identity' and largely it succeeds where the last did; bringing a gritty tone and plenty of exciting action right from the off. This time around though, the plot is far more espionage-driven, but that's no issue as Paul Greengrass proves this franchise can tackle that corner of the genre with expertise too. Yes, this is properly engaging spy stuff that keeps you engaged because the normally meaningless corporate bosses are real, interesting characters with interesting agendas and stories of their own.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: These new elements do slightly compromise the focus on Bourne himself. Unfortunately, his arc is far less interesting here, and he serves little more than a big piece in an arguably more exciting game.
VERDICT: 'Bourne Supremacy' pokes its finger further into the espionage pie and massively succeeds - shame it forgets a little about its main ingredient along the way.
January 5, 2017
I'm waiting until they're done making all the movies to watch them.
½ January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 19, 2016
A rare movie that is greater than the sum of its parts
December 2, 2016
The interest in the story at times drops you off, but the action Choreography and stakes reel you in and the final car chase is a technological wonder.
½ November 27, 2016
Still filled with flying shells and excellent car chase scenes, but the cliche-caked script left me yearning for the older, more earnest Bourne.
November 17, 2016
I truly enjoyed 'The Bourne Identity', finding it to be one of the smartest spy and action movies ever made, however after Liman left the follow-up project and was replaced by Paul Greengrass, the sequel was (in my opinion) a helluva better film than the first one. 'The Bourne Supremacy' gives the series a fresh pace with new camerawork that acts almost as a gritty thriller than a pretty action film, with more adrenaline-pumping action scenes and a smartly-conceived plot. The film continues from where its predecessor left off, and follows as Bourne continues to unravel the mystery surrounding his amnesiac troubles. A fantastic follow-up to a strong action film.
½ October 29, 2016
I somehow knew the girl would die, but I didn't think it would be so soon into the movie...Karl Urban rocks!
September 25, 2016
4 stars. Full of action and car chases. Not to often a sequel is better than the original, but they managed it here.
September 24, 2016
Great story, great effects, and overall a great movie!
½ September 21, 2016
With director Paul Greengrass taking over the franchise, it starts to become even better. This is a sequel that delivers even more thrills. Matt Damon continues to show what the title character can do.
September 18, 2016
Another solid action film for Damon. Two down, two to go!
September 2, 2016
Jason Bourne comes back for a second time in this movie that picks up the story pretty much where we left off. Bourne is living in India with his girlfriend Marie and you just know things aren't going to go well for them. Sure enough, they are tucked down by a mean looking Karl Urban as a Russian hitman called Kirill. This movie feels more high-octane than the first with some spectacular chases and sequences and et doesn't sacrifice the intelligence of the plot. It's a real conspiracy thriller that twists and turns as Bourne gradually unravels more secrets from his history. Joan Allen is particularly strong as a supporting actor with credible performances from Julia Stiles and the always dependable Brian Cox. Great fun and spectacular action is always a winning formula and The Bourne Supremacy doesn't put a foot wrong.