The Bourne Supremacy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bourne Supremacy Reviews

December 2, 2016
The interest in the story at times drops you off, but the action Choreography and stakes reel you in and the final car chase is a technological wonder.
½ November 27, 2016
Still filled with flying shells and excellent car chase scenes, but the cliche-caked script left me yearning for the older, more earnest Bourne.
November 17, 2016
I truly enjoyed 'The Bourne Identity', finding it to be one of the smartest spy and action movies ever made, however after Liman left the follow-up project and was replaced by Paul Greengrass, the sequel was (in my opinion) a helluva better film than the first one. 'The Bourne Supremacy' gives the series a fresh pace with new camerawork that acts almost as a gritty thriller than a pretty action film, with more adrenaline-pumping action scenes and a smartly-conceived plot. The film continues from where its predecessor left off, and follows as Bourne continues to unravel the mystery surrounding his amnesiac troubles. A fantastic follow-up to a strong action film.
½ October 29, 2016
I somehow knew the girl would die, but I didn't think it would be so soon into the movie...Karl Urban rocks!
September 25, 2016
4 stars. Full of action and car chases. Not to often a sequel is better than the original, but they managed it here.
September 24, 2016
Great story, great effects, and overall a great movie!
½ September 21, 2016
With director Paul Greengrass taking over the franchise, it starts to become even better. This is a sequel that delivers even more thrills. Matt Damon continues to show what the title character can do.
September 18, 2016
Another solid action film for Damon. Two down, two to go!
September 2, 2016
Jason Bourne comes back for a second time in this movie that picks up the story pretty much where we left off. Bourne is living in India with his girlfriend Marie and you just know things aren't going to go well for them. Sure enough, they are tucked down by a mean looking Karl Urban as a Russian hitman called Kirill. This movie feels more high-octane than the first with some spectacular chases and sequences and et doesn't sacrifice the intelligence of the plot. It's a real conspiracy thriller that twists and turns as Bourne gradually unravels more secrets from his history. Joan Allen is particularly strong as a supporting actor with credible performances from Julia Stiles and the always dependable Brian Cox. Great fun and spectacular action is always a winning formula and The Bourne Supremacy doesn't put a foot wrong.
½ August 31, 2016
Great Revenge film! Massive Thrills
jamrcla
August 31, 2016
Picks up straight after the first and still not got his full memory back he's living peacefully in india until he's framed for murder, Yes the story has been done before but it's by far one of the best with the plot, It focuses more on story telling than the action and what action we got was pretty good especially the end car chase that felt like a GTA chase, It was great but I expected a better ending but apart from that it's a solid sequel, Better plot but let down by the lack of action.
August 31, 2016
A more than exceptional sequel to a great movie, The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy directed by Paul Greengrass (Captain Phillips, Green Zone, United 93) is a great stepping stone to the one of the greatest action movies ever made, The Bourne Ultimatum.
August 29, 2016
A damn good spy thriller.
August 27, 2016
Almost as well made as its prequel, The Bourne Supremacy is a thrilling action movie in which Matt Damon confirms his abilities to perform the tough guy.
Even though some of its action scenes and car chasings are a bit over the top, the suspance gets you stuck to the screen.
August 27, 2016
½ August 27, 2016
2nd part in the now-5 film Bourne series (of which only 4 have Jason Bourne - Matt Damon - in it), I remember going to see this at the cinema and coming out with a mild case of motion sickness due to the over-reliance on the shaky-cam shots.

That, and being rather shocked at a surprising death relatively early on.

Picking up where "The Bourne Identity" left off, this starts with the amnesiac assassin and his partner hiding out in India, before he is once again caught up in the spy game when he is framed for the murder of 2 CIA agents.

Parts of this are brutal, yes, and I can't help but feel that this laid the template for the more-modern (and, to my eyes, lesser) Bond films than the previous entries in that long-running franchise. Ironic, perhaps, as this character is more like Bond-as-written than Bond-as-on-screen.
August 26, 2016
A great sequel that beats the original in action and is as good with story.
A MUST-SEE FOR ALL ACTION AND BOURNE FANS.

9.9/10 or 5 stars (Near perfect)
August 26, 2016
Following on from The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy delivers well choreographed, over the top, action sequences- as well as some development in the characters. While it does well on those fronts, it doesn't ever quite reach the heights of its predecessor in terms of a story.
Verdict: B+
½ August 24, 2016
A fantastic sequel to a fantastic movie. But I have the same problem with this movie that I had with the first one. It just dragged on a little bit too long.
August 23, 2016
Nothing but a 2-hour long chase scene, with authorities on Jason's trail with every turn. Short on slick spy stuff & long on dizzying camera work. 2 thumbs down