The Bourne Supremacy Reviews

Aug 17, 2019

Movie is very well done!

Movie is very well done!

• Aug 13, 2019

An even better film than the first. Peter Greengrass brings something well needed to this franchise

• Aug 06, 2019

While it's not per say better than its predecessor, this sequel still is filled with action and wit and the wonderful direction of Paul Greengrass is only highlighted by the wondrous performance from Matt Damon as the titular character.

• Jul 08, 2019

the second installment picks up were it left off. Advancing the plot forward and overall very compelling writing

• Jun 22, 2019

Enjoyed first one. pretty burned out on the formulaic plot, and the quakey-cam SUCKS, and if Bourne is so damn smart, why doesn't he just wear a HOODY or something. "Oh LOOK! There he is!" Makes the whole plot line STUPID. Will see the 3rd just to see the ending, as I broke my pelvis, and have a lot of time to kill.

• Jun 17, 2019

Story is compelling but wholly offset by "dizzycam" editing. Lack of romantic interest also dilutes the film a bit, compared to "Bourne Identity".

• May 26, 2019

Although it isn't quite as good as The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy still thrills.

• May 11, 2019

Following the previous installment's effective system of action-filmmaking, this time the directorial task to craft a sequel of the spy-thriller goes to Paul Greengrass, and while the films still suffers from some of the first's camera sins in regards of the action-performance, but with even more wit and exhilarating chase sensation, as well as the continuously pleasant main presence of Matt Damon, this installment delivers as much thrills and intrigues as the first one did, only with a slight improvement in the dynamic area.

• Mar 19, 2019

It is similar to its predecessor with less logic, but the shear intensity on display more than make up for it. Matt Damon comes back better ever. Just like his character who is more developed and character driven. The great action on display comes along with beautiful direction, a sharp script, and a story that never stops or slows down. This is easily a great sequel to Bourne Identity.

• Jan 09, 2019

Once again, another Bourne movie....but definitely not as good as the first. Firstly, I was a bit disappointed when I found out that THE BOURNE SUPREMACY does not follow the real story by Robert Ludlum. The director decided to take a new approach, hence a new story arc. I also thought this movie had less suspense then the first. The first movie gripped me because we have to find out Jason Bourne's identity, and slowly realize that he has had special training in things he should not know. Doug Liman creates his movie in a certain way so that the spectators can piece the puzzle together. It was a little mysterious, I guess. This movie fails on that note, too. He wants to find his wife's killer, even though we all know it was ordered by a high-ranking person in the CIA. I didn't get the same suspenseful sensation as before because I knew who Jason Bourne was working with. But, to end this review on a positive tone, I want to praise the director's editing. Paul Greengrass is the only person out there who knows how to use quick-cut editing to make his action scenes more brutal, realistic and fast-paced, so I was pleased with that. Matt Damon once again gives 200% in his role, and I thought that Joan Allen was superbe in this movie. So, although I was a little disappointed, THE BOURNE SUPREMACY is still an above-average action/revenge thriller.