Breakheart Pass Reviews

• Feb 03, 2020

Charles Bronson is masculine greatness.

Charles Bronson is masculine greatness.

• Dec 02, 2019

My favorite movie of all time! Love it as much today as the first time I watched it. One of the last real "non spaghetti" Westerns.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Nov 08, 2019

Or Murder on the Orient Express Goes West as a train ride through mountain country in winter turns dangerous as bodies start to go missing mysteriously. Charles Bronson is his usual stoic self, unflappable, heading a cast that doesn't give away any clues as to who done it until the final reel. For my money actually better than the Agatha Christie affair.

• May 01, 2019

bronson is one of my heroes

bronson is one of my heroes

• Oct 31, 2018

Charles Bronson is a fine actor who makes it look easy with his calm demeanor and quiet intensity. To be able to make it look easy like he always does underscores his ability. We don't appreciate fine actors like him anymore. The scenery of the movie is sweeping and breathtaking. The supporting actors are experienced on all levels and a credit to the film, especially Charles Durning (playing a train conductor) and Jill Ireland. The chemistry between her and Bronson is real, if not a bit stiff. The plot has been characterized as non complex, simple, and fun...which might be fair, however it is not a bad plot nor is it boring or disappointing. Compare to the meaningless CG movies of today with little real scenery and meaningful dialogue. Enjoy the movie and the ensemble of fine actors. Shortly after this film Bronson was sick with cancer and died. Watching him and appreciating his different, hardworking style makes one appreciate him more and mourn his untimely passing again.

• Oct 28, 2018

My personal favorite Bronson film.

My personal favorite Bronson film.

• Aug 28, 2018

Fun western on a train.

Fun western on a train.

• Aug 27, 2018

An all star cast, fabulous scenery and cinematography, and tight script from the prolific allistar maclean make for a can't miss thriller

• Jun 14, 2017

Though it is far from the deepest film in terms of plot and script this western adventure is at least entertaining, engrossing and not headbangingly infuriating. It also has a solid cast, I like the score by Jerry Goldsmith, like the fact it is primarily set aboard a train, the action is great and it has some tense moments. So nothing revolutionary but nonetheless a finely crafted film that isn't boring.

• Apr 11, 2015

A little bit of everything but at the end we just want to see Bronson kicking arse and while not death wish it's passable.