British Agent Reviews

• Jan 13, 2013

You made me swallow the last piece of gum in Russia. During World War 1 a British agent has been sent to Russia to observe the relationship between the Germans and Russians. As the Russians become independent the country could go in a lot of directions. A rival female is also in Russia and the two spies fall in love. They are pitted against each other and will need to decide if they pit their loyalty against their feelings. ?While you sit there talking about your ideas I fight for mine.? Michael Curtiz, director of Casablanca, White Christmas, The Adventures of Robin Hood, Mildred Pierce, The Vagabond King, Kid Galahad, and Captain Blood, delivers British Agent. The storyline for this picture is fairly interesting and unpredictable with wonderful characters. This picture is slow at times but I adored the acting and felt the script was well written. The cast includes Leslie Howard, Kay Francis, and Cesar Romero. ?Ain?t much fun to watch a game and not take part in it.? I DVR?d this film because it was directed by one of my favorite directors, Michael Curtiz. The film is fairly entertaining but far from his best work. I felt Kay Francis was excellent and delivered her role perfectly. The film is worth watching once as the love story is well done and the conclusion comes together perfectly. This is definitely worth watching once but not worth adding to your DVD collection. ?I?ve done all the supporting I want to do.? Grade: C+/B- (6.5)

• Aug 20, 2012