Brokeback Mountain Reviews

• Sep 04, 2020

This could have been an incredible film; should be 5 stars. This could have been an absolutely historic moment in filmmaking- it could have been a harrowing, gut-wrenching tale of love and loss and secrets and prejudice. But, how you gonna make a visceral love story about 2 cowboys and not show dick? Not even side peen. It's tragic. The filmmakers were so close to perfection for a lot of the 🎥 run time, but they completely fumbled the ball and ended with a disaster.

• Aug 08, 2020

A daring look at homosexual relationships filmed without contrivance and filled with contemporary filmmaking choices.
The film's pacing allows us to naturally know these characters and as such, their heartbreaks leave a lasting impact on us too.

• Aug 05, 2020

It's quite difficult to get through for all the right reasons, but it so deserves the recognition it should've won during the time of progression just kicking in.

• Aug 04, 2020

Acting and directing in this movie is exceptionally spot-on. Emotions and the flow of the story are well conveyed. Everything in this is remarkable.

• Jul 30, 2020

"Jack, I swear." Broke-back mountain tells the story of two men, falling into forbidden love, in the early 60's and carry's the story through a 20 year period. Broke-back is a well thought out masterpiece, the acting is phenomenal, the story is superb, the scenery and soundtrack is perfect. I watched this movie for the first time last night, basically going in blind witch I suggest everyone who has heard of this movie should, I only knew that it was a love story about two men. after my viewing I was brought to uncontrollable tears. I was so invested in the characters, Jake and Heath did amazing work here, their chemistry was of the charts, everything was brought to life in such a terrific way that I really felt as if I was in this world with them. As a member of the LGBT this story really hits home, this movie never through around gay stereotypes, just two men falling in love in a world that is so hateful, that you have a target over your head if anyone found out. "Jack, I swear." honesty brings me to tears thinking about it, something so simple but with so much meaning and symbolism. Well I swear I will never forget about this movie and I hope one day I can show my own kids this movie, and they show their kids, this film will carry on for generations and will never be forgotten.

• Jul 29, 2020

Superb acting. Their intimate moments were deliberately restrained but that's understandable given that it was 2007 and attitudes have progressed leaps and bounds even from then. Last half of the film was maybe a bit rushed.

• Jul 01, 2020

beyond its expetations, i loved how it was so much more than a sensual story about two lovers facing the difficulties of their times, but it was sentimentally harsh, pure and felt real, developing each important feature as slowly and calmly as it needed to be done.

• Jun 26, 2020

It was just ok for me. I appreciate that they had an inclusive cowboy film, but besides that and the performances I didn't think it had anything going for it.

• Jun 15, 2020

From a book that barely gets near 100 pages this 3 hour picture is a masterpiece.

• Jun 13, 2020

Tender, sad, sweet. Some likely wonder, "What's the fuss?" But we old enough to know, some walked a path longing for satisfaction they felt was out of reach. Touching display here.