Bug Reviews

• Aug 18, 2019

A disturbing, claustrophobic, grotesque headlong dive into psychodramatic hell. Friedkin is the perfect director for this sort of thing and he's not shy about burrowing under your skin. Kudos to the actors, they're all outstanding

• Aug 12, 2019

Awful movie. First Ashley Judd movie I've seen that was bad & this one was BAD

Awful movie. First Ashley Judd movie I've seen that was bad & this one was BAD

• Mar 29, 2019

Fortunately, I did not pay to see this movie (free on Roku). If I had, I would be demanding a refund. Though I'm usually a fan of Ashley Judd's work, why in heaven's earth she chose to act in this film is beyond comprehension. Her character is exceedingly one-dimensional, which is evident in her life choices - abusive husband, dead-end job, drugged-up friends, etc. It's hardly a surprise that she takes to a delusional drifter. In my eyes, the movie was not only disturbing to watch, but it lacked the suspense and unpredictability that a thriller film should have. Cinema verite indeed ... in both style and content!

• Nov 13, 2018

I love this movie. Adapted from the stage play, using the same actor who played Peter (Michael Shannon) and a terrific performance from both him and Ashley Judd who pays Abby. Bug was advertised back in its trailer days as a horror about little insects that got under the skin of these two and drove them insane, when the reality of the plot is sort of the other way around. Taking place mostly in a cheap motel room where Abby lives and allows her new friend Peter to stay after a night of hanging out, the story begins rather normal with the impoverished woman fearing her ex's return from prison due to endless calls that result in nothing on the other line. When Peter comes to hang out he helps her feel safer resulting in a bit of dependency, especially when the ex does show up in all his intimidating glory. Peter's story is a bit hazy, he states that he's AWOL and the military might be after him, from here the story takes a sharp downward spiral. Peter starts to see bugs in the room, though it takes a while for Abby to see them as well and even then she's not sure of it. As a viewer we see nothing, unsure of whether Peter really does see the insects. Over the next couple of days things get real weird real fast, the bugs infiltrate Peter's mind and his influence infiltrate's Abby's so harshly that sores start to show up on both of them. He's convinced himself and Abby that they're under his skin, in his teeth, and taking over his body, also that they were put there by the military and that's why they're after him. By the end of the film Abby is a victim to his demented mind, believing everything he says and suffering the same delusions, a combination of her dependence on him and the drugs she partakes in on a regular basis. Ultimately this ends in their fiery demise, leaving us all wondering just what horrors they thought they were witnessing in that room. How leeching on someone's mind with your own delusions can influence them to adapt the same illness, and how deadly such an influence can really become.

• Oct 11, 2018

Holy trippy movie. Really hit home due to obvious reasons. Acting was unbelievable led by Ashley Judd and Michael Shannon. The ending was a bit... blunt. But totally fits in line with the theme of the movie.

• Aug 27, 2018

Horrible terrible trash insect movie. Just cringe.

Horrible terrible trash insect movie. Just cringe.

• Aug 15, 2018

Very intense acting buy Ashley Judd and Michael Shannon . Paranoid delusional disorder . That is real . Great cult film .

• Jul 25, 2018

This movie is weird, and ridiculous and I love it.

This movie is weird, and ridiculous and I love it.

• Jun 27, 2018

Get out of here. Michael Shannon is overqualified.

Get out of here. Michael Shannon is overqualified.

• Jun 07, 2018

I can't unsee this Movie. Ugh!

I can't unsee this Movie. Ugh!