Bumblebee - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bumblebee Reviews

½ January 18, 2019
movie sucked. I fell asleep. Kids movie and a bad one at that
January 18, 2019
It was a very nice movie
January 18, 2019
Michael Bay should take notes!! Such a good movie with actual character development. I've watched all forms of TF since I was a kid. This is hands down the best TF movie so far. I truly hope this ends up as a soft reboot. This is what Transformers is supposed to be like!
January 18, 2019
Great feel-good movie, felt like a Speilberg flic (a good one) , action didnt give me motion sickness and the story (although nothing terribly new) was well executed and engaging. Its got heart and just enough brains. Thumbs up!
½ January 18, 2019
I walked into the theatre expecting another corny transformers film. I walked out amazed, the acting was incredible and action also. My only problem was that if you look closely you can see Jake Paul is an extra in the scene near the cliff.
January 18, 2019
Best Features: transformers look and sound more or less like transformers, was not directed by Michael Bay, didn't have a ridiculous Mcguffin as the driving plot device, gave me hope that the franchise might begin anew though perhaps not entirely inline with the original toy storyline (perhaps a false hope), and Optimis Prime didn't narrate anything or say "I am Optimis Prime."

As a movie in and of itself, it was generally pleasant. It's not as excellent as the animated Transformers: The Movie, but few transformers properties are.
January 18, 2019
"Bumblebee" is the best Transformers movie ever made. The performance of John Cena and Hailee Stainfeld mixed with the awesome special effets, are the pillars that make this cinematography production awesome and enjoyable.
½ January 18, 2019
Took the blandest of concepts and made a surprisingly fun film.
January 18, 2019
Seeing the transformers recognizable from the 80's cartoon made this movie everything!
½ January 18, 2019
Bumblebee shows you that with the right hand, this robotic action movie can still be fun without exploding everything on screen.
½ January 18, 2019
saying this is the best transformers movie isn't saying much
½ January 18, 2019
Movie was well made & felt mildly entertaining. But it did leave a lot of emptiness for want of better concept, more complex story & more impactful scenes. There was nothing new & it just felt like another run of the mill product. Scenes needed to pack more punch & plot did need more complex bits to be filled with. Actors hired did the job too well. Overall, it just left some of us wanting a lot more.
January 18, 2019
It is a fun family movie, looks great, action packed and a decent sound track. So if you can look past the numerous nonsensical sequences such as teens somehow gaining entrance into what should be a high security facility with ease and some story line about why the lead character no longer likes to dive then she over comes that fear and does an amazing dive with minimal splash that would make Greg Louganis proud then you will enjoy this movie.
January 18, 2019
Significantly better than previous installments in the series with a refreshing storytelling and plot.
January 17, 2019
I hate all the other Transformer movies with a bit of a passion, and this one is so good & fun it doesn't deserve to be in the same franchise. Hopefully this can start a new wave of Transformer movies that are good for a change. Hailee Steinfield does a great job and shows an impressive range of emotions, and you just gotta love John Cena. This gives heart to a franchise that had none, and discernible action from a franchise drowned in too much CGI, and while it may seem like 'The Iron Giant' on paper, in reality its different by quite enough to be its own movie. I love the very last scene, Hailee Steinfield's character in this movie is great.
January 17, 2019
Loved it. Very entertaining and fun to watch
January 17, 2019
Cena's "angry military man" is the weak link, but Steinfeld shines, in this fun 'E.T. meets Iron Giant' 80's throwback/reboot/sequel. And minus Bay, story takes a front seat for once. Autobots! Roll out the next one!
½ January 17, 2019
Desde la escena de apertura hasta el final, es un balance entre lo que quiere expresar el director y lo que transmite la pel├şcula, sin duda alguna Bumblebee ilumina un camino esperanzador en una franquicia de la cual ya no se esperaba nada.
½ January 17, 2019
After good word of mouth, I decided to give Bumblebee a shot, and believe it or not, this is my first introduction to the Transformer franchise, and it's a good one. While there's no surprises plot wise, the character driven story creates a real heart to the film, as well as great laughs, making it very watchable. The graphics are great and the acting is solid. Overall, a good watch.
½ January 17, 2019
It is one of the best Transformer films. Bumblebee is sent to our planet to save earth and loses his memory. The government is hunting him down, and he finds refuge with a teenage girl as a Classic VW Bug. This is a fun adventure that kids can enjoy. There is one continuity issue from the previous Tranformer film where it shows Bumblebee serving in the World War, this movie shows he lands here in the 80´┐ 1/2 1/2(TM)s, but as a stand alone movie this is awesome. I loved it.