Bumblebee Reviews

• 1d ago

just lie the classic G1 transformers i love the designs

just lie the classic G1 transformers i love the designs

• 2d ago

Energetic and a whole lot of fun. It's not perfect, but it doesn't need to be. Bumblebee absolutely steels the show, with his animation. The best Anthropomorphism I've seen since WALL-E. With Hailee Steinfeld impressively leading the action blockbuster, this new telling of an old tale is a refreshing change. Director, Travis Knight nailed period of 1987 that was effective stirring up the nostalgic memories . Bumblebee proves it's possible to bring fun and a sense of wonder back to a bloated blockbuster franchise.

• 5d ago

Head-and-shoulders better than any Transformers movie Michael Bay has directed, Bumblebee's focused narrative, tight fight scenes, and sympathetic characters make it a true crowd pleaser.

• 6d ago

My family and I loved this movie. My kids we're laughing half way through. The previous Transformer movies in my daughter's opinion did not have enough parts with Bumblebee, and she was so excited when she heard about this movie that she begged me to buy it.

• Sep 08, 2019

Let's hope this turns out to be a reboot and not a prequel. This is the first truly good Transformers film, and one that will please many fans such as myself. The opening scene alone is better than anything in the last 5 movies. It took them 11 years to get here, but hey, it was worth it right? Let's hope Michael Bay keeps his distance from future installments.

Sweet family transformers movie

Sweet family transformers movie

Movie did not have a good plot

Movie did not have a good plot

• Sep 07, 2019

The new TRANSFORMERS spinoff has too much coming-of-age filler to tier it up alongside all the other films of the franchise. Its stereotypical formulative ET foundation wraps itself around an expensive Saturday morning cartoon with divergent CGI - that looks cheaper and less real than all of its predecessors. The special effects are over-animated, so it's a little difficult to take serious as a live-action film. Regardless of all my personal gripes, the general population embraced this movie with a 93% grade on rotten tomatoes, so everyone may beg to differ.

• Sep 06, 2019

A fresh and hearty new entry in the confusing and tiresome Transformers franchise. Entertaining and down to earth. The story flows well and the action was better than most Transformers sequel. B+

Dann M Super Reviewer
    Sep 05, 2019

A prequel, or possibly a reboot, Bumblebee is a mediocre action-comedy that really scales back the level of action and adventure that the Transformers series is known for. As the Autobots face defeat on their world they send B-127 to Earth to establish a base, however he soon finds himself on the run from the US military as well as Decepticon soldiers, and hides out undercover as a teenage girl's Volkswagen Beetle. Once again the Transformers mythos is changed up, so there's no way of knowing if or where this film fits in the existing series. And both Hailee Steinfeld and John Cena give rather poor performances; particularly Cena, who's playing a cartoonish military commander. Additionally, the special effects aren't very good. The Transformer designs have been scaled back and don't have nearly the same amount of detail or photorealism as before. Still, there are some exciting fight sequences and the soundtrack is energetic and fun. Bumblebee, while mildly entertaining, has no real ambition and is a pretty pathetic attempt to revive this waning series.