Bumblebee Reviews

• 4h ago

Best one in the series so far! It gets rid of all the "Bayness" and replaces it with likeable characters, a good, heartwarming story, more trueness to the source material and 80s pop culture references. Definitely a winner.

• 4d ago

Only bumblebee literally saves the film. Although no idiotic comedy it still shows to much of unnecessary humans and not enough tranformers.

• 6d ago

Long, boring, very little action. Main focus is on the human character. Very little screen time for the transformers & deceptions themselves. The fights scenes they did have were really lackluster and poorly choreographed. The whole film was super mushy and cheesy. Elementary grade kids might enjoy it I guess.

• Oct 19, 2020

This Movie was honestly grueling, childhood ruining, and straight up awful.

This Movie was honestly grueling, childhood ruining, and straight up awful.

• Oct 19, 2020

great movie!! I had so much fun to watch.

great movie!! I had so much fun to watch.

• Oct 18, 2020

So i grew up in the 80's, had my first Nintendo, watched gijoe and transformers... looking back never realized they made a tv show to sell the toys... but that's our childhood... I've lived off the matrix and countless other main steam juggernauts... but you want nostalgia??? A true back to the roots nostalgia??? That's bumblebee... once a year i do a transformers marathon and don't get me wrong, bay does an amazing job for the series as an action genre but he doesn't really add the nostalgia factor ( he hits a few important marks but not completely) If you grew up playing with transformers toys, begged your mom to go to McDonald's for the toys, collected.... then bumblebee (granted acting kinda sucks, plotline isn't the best) but you really want to have sounds and sights take you back to childhood then definitely watch this movie

• Oct 17, 2020

On first glance Bumblebee is a movie for fans who grew up with Transformers in the 80's. Both the time period and the retro look of the robotic warriors all hark back to those original cartoons that first launched the franchise 35 years ago. However Bumblebee is careful not to drench itself in 80's nostalgia and manages to be appealing to both original fans and a younger, present day audience. Well paced, filled with action, and characters that keeps the audience interested, it is clear to see why of all the Transformer live action movies Bumblebee consistently rates highly amongst both critics and fans alike. And of course no retro 80's movie would be complete without an awesome 80's soundtrack!

• Oct 02, 2020

While better than any other Transformer film, "Bumblebee" is your prototypical Saturday morning cartoon made into a feature length film. For better or worse.

• Oct 01, 2020

What a relief this is from some of Bay's work, though I do respect some it, especially the third film. In this one there isn't any really weird dialogue, the filming style is better, there is beautiful character development, and is quite fun. There is gross humor a bit and one of the main boys without thinking uses the word retarded, and that definitely is offensive to people with disabilities, but this is still a relief of a film.

• Sep 08, 2020

The beginning looked like it came out of a toy commercial and was really corny but after that it followed in the steps of any sci-fi hero action movie and was very enjoyable. Action scenes were good, although Bumblebee seemed to wait too long until he decided he could fight. Maybe a little too rushed also, wouldn't have mind if they made it 2hr and implemented more plot.