Cake Reviews

• Nov 12, 2020

Driven by an exceptional, raw, and deep performance by Jennifer Aniston (a career best), Cake is bogged down by an awful screenplay that halts the film with lack of depth. Only the cast and the direction carry the film to the finish line. Kudos to the ensemble of actors for keeping the film afloat.

• Sep 13, 2020

Very pathetic movie. Depressing. They shouldn't have made this movie.

Very pathetic movie. Depressing. They shouldn't have made this movie.

• Aug 15, 2020

I'm a person with chronic depression, taking the most powerful antidepressant that ever existed. And i dint like the very beginning. How people at self support group judge character of Jeniffer when talking about corpse and trailer - not realistic. How they expel her from the group - not realistic. Is not mental sickness dramatic enough for a movie? Why showing it not realistically?

• Jul 12, 2020

This film is an absolutely fantastic character study on human suffering. It takes you on a heartbreaking journey with the lead, and you truly grow to understand her and her struggle. The struggles that she goes through make the ending that much more inspiring. Jennifer Aniston gives a powerful performance of a lifetime. This film is an underrated treasure.

• Jul 08, 2020

Support groups and suicide... but this still manages to go on to be just about as average as an average movie can be in a clever way, thanks to some good performances. 2 1/2 of 5

• Jul 05, 2020

dark,gloomy,unarousing,goes nowhere.

dark,gloomy,unarousing,goes nowhere.

• Jun 18, 2020

Boring, unpleasant, doesn't go anywhere

Boring, unpleasant, doesn't go anywhere

• Jun 10, 2020

Poor Jennifer Aniston gives a academy award worthy performance in a bad film, with a weak script and some unintentionally laughable elements.

• Jun 05, 2020

I was bored. Felt much longer than 1hr 42min.

I was bored. Felt much longer than 1hr 42min.

• May 09, 2020

Great performance by Anniston. While the movie doesn't elicit the emotions that Claire experiences- we don't cry with her- it fits, because that's all we can do for someone else's pain, be there.