Captain America: Civil War - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Captain America: Civil War Reviews

½ February 15, 2019
Great story, one of the best superhero movies, but in some of the fighting scenes you can see clearly that the characters are not actually punching each other.
-93
´┐ 1/2 1/2Does anyone have any orange slices´┐ 1/2
February 15, 2019
Amo Marvel pero est├í pel├şcula me decepcion├│ lo ├║nico que salvo fue la pelea del aeropuerto y no quiero ni pensar si no hubiera estado spidermam.
February 15, 2019
Amazing movie. Entertaining to the max with a good story, great characters, fun comedy, and unbelievable action. my first time watching i was blown away, not just because of the action and comedy, but it just all felt so perfect and i didn't have any issues with the movie. it had a great story and good debates and conflicts. i think this is easily the best fun superhero popcorn flick, and my second favorite if you are taking the movie seriously (after the dark knight trilogy)

the action, omg. it had every kind that you want. chase scenes, gun fights, hand to hand combat, super powers, everything. it was so exciting and intense. creative and ridiculously well done. so many stunning scenes and moments. like how did they do that, or make it look that real.

it's really amazing that we live in an age where we can have a movie with all these different superheroes in it, and not only does it look real but it's also really good (8 viewings)

SPOILERS

this movie has three of my all time favorite action sequences: the apartment escape/street running, the airport scene, and the final battle. all jaw-dropping

and what a great completely unexpected twist-ish reveal at the end with tony's parents. such a great moment, an "omg it's about to go down" moment

I really liked how the movie went in directions that I wasn't expecting. After the big battle I thought they were going to make up and be friends again to team up against the other 5 Winter Soldiers. But the bad guy's plan was way better. Restarted the Civil War, and had the movie end with them still at odds, setting up future movie conflicts and resolutions

While I was watching it I was wondering who would be on which side, and the only ones I thought I knew were Iron Man and Captain America, but they ended up being on the opposite side of what I expected. But they both made perfect sense. Captain America went through the same stuff with Hydra and SHIELD. It makes sense that he doesn't trust bureaucrats and politicians to make decisions. And Iron Man's side makes sense given past movies and how he feels guilty and responsible for so much. It may not have been addressed a lot in this movie but it has been in previous movies.

So many good characters, and I don't just mean awesome superheroes. I mean the actual characters, and their development and arcs.

I really liked everything about the introduction of Spider-Man including the actor. I am now super excited to see the new movie. And it was reaffirmed to me that Spider-Man is my favorite superhero because I was just so excited to see him, even over all these other awesome superheroes. would have been amazing if I didn't know he was in it. But I didn't know about anyone other than Cap, Iron Man, Spider-Man. I was guessing it would have Falcon and War Machine, I didn't know it had everyone else, especially Black Panther and Ant-Man. Black panther is bad-ass and Ant-Man was hilarious.
February 14, 2019
The greatest MCU movie to date
½ February 9, 2019
The mature themes explored in Civil War feel a bit too watered down to make room for its many characters, subplots, and undeniably fantastic action scenes. Still Civil War does more than your average superhero film to engage your brain and leave you (mostly) satisfied.
February 5, 2019
Action packed and surprisingly nimble, considering the number of characters being shoehorned and a slightly melodramatic tone. Does raise the question whether the next Avengers movies will prove too clunky to ever work...
February 4, 2019
My favorite MCU movie so far.
This movie mixes the best aspects of a superhero movie.
½ January 30, 2019
The problem, as some of its predecessors is the too long runtime. But, despite that, the script is strong and credible and its refreshing to watch a well done superheroes movie with conflicts between them.
January 26, 2019
2016's ultimate on the edge of your seat movie goes to...Captain America: Civil War. They should really make an award for that. I know who the winner would be if it was made back in 2016.
January 19, 2019
Undoubtedly the best Captain America film ever, this movie not only brings exciting action to forefront, it explores various themes and ideas that many other films are unable to display with such strength. This movie also brilliantly leaves an interesting, although somewhat saddening ending to the relationship of the Avengers as we are left to wonder what will happen with these heroes in later MCU films.
January 15, 2019
a well acted, well shot solid film, but i have a few gripes with this film. the first one is that zemo's plan is 90% luck, this movie should not be made this early and the accords are pretty flawed. and spider-man was a very much welcomed addition to the MCU, but pretty shoehorned in in a somewhat choppy way. but definitely good movie. but it is VERY overrated.
January 13, 2019
Totally contrived and stupid plot just to make the good guys fight each other. This is something Marvel seems to be obsessed with.

Remember the Avengers fighting each other in the first Avengers movie? Hulk fought Thor. Black Widow fought Hawkeye. Thor and Iron Man fought until Captain America showed up and Thor brought the hammer down onto Cap's shield.

Remember Hulk vs Iron Man in the Hulkbuster armor in Age of Ultron? Remember Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver fighting the Avengers before joining the Avengers themselves?

Star Lord, Gamora, Rocket, and Groot fight each other in Guardians of the Galaxy before they become friends.

Iron Man and War Machine fight in Iron Man 2.

Thor fights Hulk yet again in Thor: Ragnarok.

Daredevil fights Punisher in the Netflix Daredevil series. Jessica Jones fights Luke Cage in Jessica Jones. Iron Fist fights Luke Cage in the Defenders. And so on.

This movie continues Marvel's obsession with forcing the good guys to fight each other. Captain America, Iron Man, Bucky, Falcon, War Machine, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Vision, Scarlet Witch -- they all fight each other.

There are some lame, cringeworthy attempts at humor while the good guys fight each other, undermining the seriousness of the whole thing. The only casualty due to all this fighting is one of the black guys, War Machine. No one cared about him anyway and he doesn't even die. Robert Downey Jr. just phones it in these days because he knows no one who watches these comic book movies has a brain.
½ January 12, 2019
The worst MCU movie. I could not even enjoy infinity wars because of how much this movie smells. There is no consequences because of their actions the end. Spoiler, they all escape anyway. Dumb.
½ January 9, 2019
This is one of the worst marvel movies, ever. None of the motivations for any caracters make any sense what so ever and overall the battles feel realy forced.
January 9, 2019
Good effort. Spider-Man and Ant-Man were shoe horned in for no reason at all and the airport fight was a practice fight? Everybody holding back except Black Panther and Bucky. But a good spectacle nonetheless. And hell of a fight scene at the end.
January 5, 2019
spooderman was cool
80%
January 1, 2019
I missed this and had heard bad things about it but I enjoyed watching this as I have a much better understanding of the Marvel universe now.
½ January 1, 2019
Not nearly as fantastic as everyone makes out, but certainly the best MCU movie so far.

I think it has almost as many flaws as BvS, however it isn't laid bare by the dull, imploding storyline of BvS, and this movie has likable characters who can actually smile.
December 31, 2018
Captain America Civil War is one of Marvel's best movies, and I think it is the best movie that came out.
December 30, 2018
This episode really humanizes the Avengers. Except maybe Cap.