Captain Phillips - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Captain Phillips Reviews

½ May 4, 2017
Captain Phillips starts off slow and never really recovers. You wouldn't think a movie that involves a ship getting hijacked by pirates would be boring, but this manages to. The overacting, particularly from Tom Hanks, is distracting. (First and only viewing - 7/16/2014)
April 26, 2017
Captain Phillips is the best biographical film I have ever seen, making it on my top 10 list. It is thrilling, captivating, brilliant, and is 97% accurate of what happened, which you don't see very much.
½ April 25, 2017
Tom Hanks has done it again.
Just plain excellent and well executed. Amazing performance
A must see movie

3.5 Stars
April 12, 2017
I really liked it. One of my favorite tom hanks movies. Was beautifully acted and had a very good script and good dialogue. Very solid cast of characters. Was very suspenseful and tense. Great movie.
April 10, 2017
Menyaksikan "Captain Phillips" adalah sebuah tontonan yang cukup menegangkan buat saya. Berdurasi sekitar 120 menit, cukup panjang, tetapi film ini akan membuat anda nyaman dan tetap menyaksikannya sampai akhir.
April 7, 2017
Engaging and entertaining seafaring thriller based on a true story.
½ April 6, 2017
As suspenseful as it is interesting, Captain Philips is a very well done biopic. Tom Hanks is incredible as as usual playing real life ship captain Richard Philips. Such an intense film that is not only powerful but informative to these unfortunately true events.
March 14, 2017
An edge of the seat thriller! Recommended.
½ March 12, 2017
An amazing true story told effectively thanks to a brilliant peformance from Tom Hanks and seemingly never ending intensity.
March 11, 2017
Captain Phillips is one of the finest films to be released this year, by its brilliant performance from Tom Hanks and its brilliant directing from Paul Greengrass, this is one of the most intense movies that you will find this year. But seriously, Tom Hanks is incredible in this movie.
March 10, 2017
Tom Hanks treads familiar territory in a story of survival in the eyes of savage barbarism and a treacherous plain to deliver a fantastic adaptation of 2009 hijacking of a US cargo vessel carrying food and water through the somali basin. The cast all deliver their performances with such high-octane precision that the story flows in a fluid and massively intense perimeter. Barkhad Abdi also delivers a brilliant debut performance as Muse, "the other Captain" and manages to capture the spotlight even when he isn't saying anything. Captain Phillips is an amazing story of survival and definitely worth a watch.
March 5, 2017
Tom Hanks is brilliant as usual! A very gripping story and performance.
March 1, 2017
Flawless, tense, exciting
February 26, 2017
A good movie that Hanks makes better. 1/2 a point just for him.
February 24, 2017
One of the best films I've ever seen. Tom Hanks is always great.
February 14, 2017
Another great Tom Hanks movie. Very sadly for theater, he's one of the last actual talented actors we have left. We need some new actual TALENT!!! not just oh, family member x wants to be an actor, so even tho he has zero qualifications to be a good actor, we'll put him in the movie...
January 29, 2017
Great film. Seen in cinema years ago. Gassed pass action, tom hanks is so good aswell.
½ January 19, 2017
I really didnt like the too close shaky camera work-i hate when they do that in movies. However, tom hanks is always a good actor and as the lead he doesnt disappoint. The story was intense and believably told although u dont get a whole lot of background info. So its mostly just the capture that you watch. I think the US military did a great job removing Phillips safely. altho the first responders definitely screwed up by not listening to him from the beginning when he said we have pirates and the emergency line being busy. I remember when this happened in 2009 as a news story that we kinda joked about pirates being a thing again, but it is really terrifying and just like any terrorist hostage situation. What was most interesting perhaps is how the crew esp Captain tried to stop the pirates and whether that was smart or more dangerous. I think the whole hostage situation couldve been avoided if the ukmto had taken the captain serious or the emergency line had actually worked the first time they were under attack.
January 14, 2017
One of the best movies I've seen in a long time.
½ January 12, 2017
Very well done. This movie holds your attention with its cinematography, amazing acting , and suspenseful directing. unfortunately it is a true story so you know that Captain Phillips is really in no real Danger through the whole movie, but the movie itself was amazing.