Captain Phillips - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Captain Phillips Reviews

½ July 24, 2017
Tom Hanks stands tall surrounded by iron-like, desperate tension; giving (along with Barkhad Abdi) astounding performances as Greengrass makes us feel that we're actually aboard.
July 22, 2017
great story and good cast
½ June 22, 2017
This movie has really good acting and is filled with suspense. Tom Hanks gives one of his best performances. This movie however treats Hanks character like he is a hero, which I find to be a bit off putting.
June 21, 2017
Its some of the most powerful acting Hanks has ever done... He is absolutely the best actor i've ever seen... Dont miss that movie.
June 19, 2017
Tom hanks is a great actor and is so believable in this movie. this movie kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. the ending is the best part to me when he breaks down and starts crying.
½ June 3, 2017
Quite suspenseful even when knowing the outcome. Tom Hanks shines again. Barkhad Abdi is also of note.
½ May 30, 2017
Pounding and brilliantly acted, Captain Phillips grabs hold and doesn't let go. A thrilling film.
May 29, 2017
a very intense and gripping film.
½ May 4, 2017
Captain Phillips starts off slow and never really recovers. You wouldn't think a movie that involves a ship getting hijacked by pirates would be boring, but this manages to. The overacting, particularly from Tom Hanks, is distracting. (First and only viewing - 7/16/2014)
April 26, 2017
Captain Phillips is the best biographical film I have ever seen, making it on my top 10 list. It is thrilling, captivating, brilliant, and is 97% accurate of what happened, which you don't see very much.
½ April 25, 2017
Tom Hanks has done it again.
Just plain excellent and well executed. Amazing performance
A must see movie

3.5 Stars
April 12, 2017
I really liked it. One of my favorite tom hanks movies. Was beautifully acted and had a very good script and good dialogue. Very solid cast of characters. Was very suspenseful and tense. Great movie.
April 10, 2017
Menyaksikan "Captain Phillips" adalah sebuah tontonan yang cukup menegangkan buat saya. Berdurasi sekitar 120 menit, cukup panjang, tetapi film ini akan membuat anda nyaman dan tetap menyaksikannya sampai akhir.
April 7, 2017
Engaging and entertaining seafaring thriller based on a true story.
½ April 6, 2017
As suspenseful as it is interesting, Captain Philips is a very well done biopic. Tom Hanks is incredible as as usual playing real life ship captain Richard Philips. Such an intense film that is not only powerful but informative to these unfortunately true events.
March 14, 2017
An edge of the seat thriller! Recommended.
½ March 12, 2017
An amazing true story told effectively thanks to a brilliant peformance from Tom Hanks and seemingly never ending intensity.
March 11, 2017
Captain Phillips is one of the finest films to be released this year, by its brilliant performance from Tom Hanks and its brilliant directing from Paul Greengrass, this is one of the most intense movies that you will find this year. But seriously, Tom Hanks is incredible in this movie.
March 10, 2017
Tom Hanks treads familiar territory in a story of survival in the eyes of savage barbarism and a treacherous plain to deliver a fantastic adaptation of 2009 hijacking of a US cargo vessel carrying food and water through the somali basin. The cast all deliver their performances with such high-octane precision that the story flows in a fluid and massively intense perimeter. Barkhad Abdi also delivers a brilliant debut performance as Muse, "the other Captain" and manages to capture the spotlight even when he isn't saying anything. Captain Phillips is an amazing story of survival and definitely worth a watch.
March 5, 2017
Tom Hanks is brilliant as usual! A very gripping story and performance.