Changing Lanes Reviews

• 4d ago

4 bags-thought-provoking and intense! Affleck and Jackson were both great in what seems like old roles and a old movie now, geeez how time flies! Two strangers crash when they change lanes, then this movie happens and they'll never forget it.

• 5d ago

Samuel L. Jackson y Ben Affleck en su máximo esplendor. Un abogado en ascenso y un hombre luchando por mantener a su familia en Nueva York sufren un accidente camino a los juzgados y después de ambos perder su tiempo y sus respectivos casos buscan la manera de vengarse, cada quien a su manera y posibilidades. La película desde un inicio denota inteligencia y creatividad, y no busca usar los estereotipos típicos del género sino que de manera inteligente desarrolla la historia y sus personajes logrando cautivar al espectador. Una excelente reflexión sobre el ser humano que lo tiene todo y que sólo sabe arreglar las cosas con dinero, y aquél que al perderlo todo ya nada lo intimida y lo que puede suceder cuando éstas fuerzas se enfrentan.

• Oct 23, 2020

Decent watch, probably won't watch again, and can't whole-heartedly recommend. It is amazing all that can happen from a simple car collision, but it is more of a privileged jerk effect than the Butterfly Effect. This whole movie is sort of a philosophical discussion of moral ambiguity with a secondary question of whether one side fuels the other. While I enjoy this do, don't show philosophical battle, the realism of the insanity that occurs in this movie is terrifying. The movie is as good as it could be, but it's awkwardly average in the end.

• Sep 04, 2020

I went with 2 1/2 stars with this movie I only seen this this movie once, and I'd watch it again. Thought provoking and well acted with a moral or two to the story, I liked it. Well worth the watch I think that I would recommend it. A movie about two men in a auto accident and a game of tag takes place to ruin the other man involved with a file involved. Alright movie that passed the time 2 1/2 stars.

• Aug 09, 2020

Changing Lanes (2002) A story about sabotaging the other persons life in order to obtain what they are seeking and each other failing to get what they want. Then once they obtain it they have already been too late for each other. A film about two men who do corrupt things to the other. It is interesting how Samuel L. Jackson’s character is recovering from alcohol addiction. I found it unique that both characters both get into a car accident and both need to go to the same building for a court meeting. What is unique about this film is everything pretty much happens in a day with the exception of the last few minutes of the film that takes place the next day. I thought it was interesting choice how the film begins with the time lapse through the city of Traffic changing lanes.

• Apr 22, 2020

I knew I was going to enjoy this as soon as I saw the poster. 'Changing Lanes' is a great film. Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Affleck are tremendous in their respective roles as Doyle and Gavin. They star in what is a gripping premise, as the two characters involved constantly try to one up each other. It's a fairly simple concept, but the film portrays it nicely. There are a few moments where things could be worked out instantly but aren't, which is questionable no doubt though you can say that about most films in truth. Highly recommend. Terrific leads, perfect pacing and an engaging plot.

• Apr 20, 2020

A surprisingly effective suspense drama full of dilemmas like the consensus states. Affleck gives one of the finest performances of his career in my opinion and Samuel. L. Jackson kills it like he usually does. The anxiety, frustration, and turmoil of their predicaments are almost palpable in parts thanks to the conviction in their performances. I like how this whirlwind of devastating circumstances are bestowed upon the two protagonists simply due to an inconvenient highway accident. Very good stuff.

• Apr 16, 2020

Pretty good movie with a good lesson about life. At the time it was made it was a new age Trading Places

• Jan 20, 2020

Story/Screenplay: (3.5/5) A flawed but somewhat entertaining suspense drama about a day-long tit-for-tat battle that breaks out between two people who have the misfortune of sharing a car accident. Duration/Tempo: (3/5) At 1 hour and 38 minutes, it's a short movie that felt longer, but it didn't feel long. Cast & Crew: (3.5/5) Ben Affleck and Samuel L. Jackson were OK. Not their best, but they were positives in a movie that didn't have a lot more. Summary: (3.5/5) Fluctuated between thumbs up and thumbs down towards the end of the movie. In the end, a weak thumbs up.

• Jun 08, 2019

An interesting thriller, that raises ethical questions. Ones that wrap up a little too neatly, but Affleck and Jackson give some impressive performances.