Charlie Bartlett - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Charlie Bartlett Reviews

October 15, 2016
An inferior knock-off of Pump Up the Volume, but Robert Downey Jr. is brilliant.
October 12, 2016
3 reasons.... 1. Anton Yelchin is an amazing actor (Alpha Dog, House of D) 2. Its an Independent which aired at the Tribecca Film Festival. and 3. Its far beyond another stupid teen movie.. .sends a really good message about a kid who helps other kids
September 3, 2016
This is a nice movie, but I would not take this as a comedy though. It's more like a complicated story with a complicated kid that's trying to fit with others. I love Downy Jr in everything that he does. Kat Jennings is just to sexy to see in film. What this movie does is that it keeps you in touch with the character and brings a very good performance to the table. So for this being a good Indie film, I give " Charlie Burlett " a C.
June 27, 2016
Charlie Bartlett wants to be liked by everyone.  And he's not above going to great lengths to achieve said popularity.  For example, the movie begin as Charlie is thrown out of yet another prestigious private school for making his fellow classmates fake IDs.  Hope Davis, Marilyn Bartlett, says in the beginning that there's more to life than being well-liked.  She immediately retracts this statement.  In public school Charlie gets his face pounded in by bathroom bully, Murphey and falls in love with the principal's daughter.  Don't even get me started on Charlie's audition for the school play...beyond hilarious.   Charlie quickly finds a knack in (unofficial) school psychiatry.  He diagnoses and prescribes for his fellow classmates with the help of his new business partner, Murphey.  Charlie Bartlett is one of those dramedies with enough serious mixed with plenty of funny.  I'm noticing a new trend in movies.  Anyway, it's quirky but I really liked Charlie Bartlett.  What can I say he's a likable kid.
½ June 26, 2016
Second viewing, was better watching as a kid. But this is a bit too cheesy and not enough real laughs to get it through. Anton still the best part.
June 16, 2016
It oddly reminded me of the annoying Van Wilder, but with more indie vibes. It's another mediocre teen movie that I wasn't crazy about. It's watchable though. (First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
August 13, 2015
It was ok. Worth a watch, just don't expect to much.
June 2, 2015
Charlie, an interesting typical teenage boy with a master tongue of manipulation. Not to hurt others, but to better them. A giant twist, in an outstanding film. Drugs. Sex. Alcohol. A Dream. Making Chances.
½ May 14, 2015
Watching this film feels like watching a child begging you to pay attention to them. Charlie Bartlett tries sending a message, only, it's not one you care to divide any attention to.
May 12, 2015
Not worth the hype, I found this movie mediocre at best. Definitely not Ferris Bueller...
April 21, 2015
Looking for a fun teen movie to watch on Netflix? See Charlie Bartlett.
½ April 16, 2015
Fun and offbeat story. Quirky and charming enough for a good cult following.
April 10, 2015
Good feels about testing boundaries in life.
April 4, 2015
It tries to make light of dark subjects.
February 26, 2015
Loved it because it was funny and Charlie was a great Charcter
November 13, 2014
a tad bit intresting
½ September 12, 2014
Oooh, this was a weird movie. But I think I actually kinda liked it.
August 26, 2014
a decent high school comedy