Chasing Ice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chasing Ice Reviews

May 21, 2017
The "Big Thaw" Of All The Ice-Caps Is Well & Truly Upon Us. Watching It Happen, Across Melting Ice-Caps Based In Alaska, Greenland, Iceland Around The Arctic & Antarctic Is Just Amazing...There Was Def Some Holy $h!t Moments Throughout This, That Just Completed Scared & Awed Me All At Once. The Passion & Drive This Team Of Blokes Have Is Beyond All Commendations. I Already Don't Believe We Have Much Time, If Any Remaining, Which Is The Only Commodity We Have To Bargain With. Nature, & Natural Catastrophe Will Have The Last Say. Seeing It Happen In Ice, Truly Sends The Message Home. We Will, At This Rate Of Change, Destroy Ourselves..Eventually Having Nothing To Fall Back On. If You Knew You're House Was Burning Down Around You, Would You Not Put It Out??
March 19, 2017
Great documentary on climate change and warming of the earth through visual evidence by the disappearance of glaciers.
January 21, 2017
An essential & important documentary about one man's obsession/passion to create a visual representation of climate control by visually measuring the shrinking of the Ice Caps in Greenland.

The struggle it took to captures those images due to weather & locations etc is astounding but the images that where captured are arresting.

An incredible documentary that really does & should cause concern about what we are doing to our planet day in & our.
January 1, 2017
Good movie and awesome to learn about the photographer and his evidence of climate change, but at points the film feels like it drags for a bit too long. But I love the song "Before My Time" performed by Scarlett Johansson.
November 30, 2016
A staggering visual representation of climate change that forces those opposing its validity to reevaluate their thinking.
½ November 24, 2016
A terrifying film that offers both a stunning collection of images and an indisputable evidence of global climate change. It is only a pity, though, that it loses some of its focus wanting to praise Balog's efforts and doesn't propose any real scientific solution for the problem.
October 5, 2016
It's scary. it's real and it's life. All reasons to not bury your head in the sand and educate yourself through the pictures of this documentary.
½ July 27, 2016
Breathtaking pictures and video are the stars of this documentary. It highlights the quest of a National Geographic photographer and his team to record a multi-year visual record of the receding glaciers in the Arctic, bring tangible evidence, and elicit visceral reactions to the Climate Change issue. If you're a Climate Change denier, then don't bother. It's not for you and you won't be swayed. For Climate change activists, you already know all about this and have watched it 16 times. For everyone else, it's interesting and cool looking, and, compelling to a degree. However, as much as I enjoyed it for the film making and the adventure, I wasn't as moved by the climate change message as I probably should have been. Not that I'm unconcerned or I don't believe it, but something fell short in this movie, and I can't quite explain what it was.
July 22, 2016
This simply has not been seen by enough people...
Amazing photography and cinematic video. Made by someone who was a originally a skeptic of global warming. While most of the evidence against climate change is presented in abstract by pseudo-scientists who are shills for the oil gas or coal industry, who argue it is ok for us to continue to pollute. This is simply fact you can see it for yourselves, if you choose to. Perhaps we can deny what humans role in this is, we cannot deny it is happening.
It is happening see for yourself.
July 10, 2016
Very educational!! Global warming is very important & this movie is proof it's coming sooner than expected.
May 12, 2016
I'd love to hear a logical argument/retort from the supposed deniers of this phenomenon. I'm no longer of the opinion that there are deniers re this... they're just lobbyists who have an agenda re why and hence they deny. No sane person can deny the facts... BUT, they can profit from their agenda. Buggers.
April 6, 2016
I first saw this at my city's International Film Festival, then later thankfully I was able to watch it with my son, who was 9 at the time, when at a friend's place for one of the big 3 holidays, it was on Netflix. Brilliantly conceived and carried out, over a long stretch of time, by the filmmakers, it led to a fine father-son discussion about the environment, its importance, what is wrong with it and what can be done to improve things on Earth. Its importance is inestimable, and I highly recommend it to everyone. It is something everybody needs to see, think about and actively discuss.
March 15, 2016
If You still believe that global warming is only political game You should listen James Balog in these movie...
½ February 1, 2016
The information is essential to the earth, but watching this is not fascinating.
½ December 29, 2015
~ A devastating panorama of the grand stage, portraying the disappearance of what we're "left with"......inch by inch !
½ November 4, 2015
Astoundingly beautiful, terrifying, and heartbreaking. Those who deny climate-change in favor of Fox News are quite foolish.
October 15, 2015
Amazing cinematography this film makes me want to go to ice caverns and spelunk some ice caves. Very nice unadulterated look at science/journalism showing environmental changes that are difficult to understand.
½ August 19, 2015
Primarily about climate change, but with impressive visuals and sound, and a fair insight into the person too.
½ August 3, 2015
Entertaining and no, not so realistic.