Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Reviews

April 7, 2018
I think this movie is underrated. Whilst it isn't good due to it's less than stellar animation, bad plot and annoying characters, I still find it to never be dull, the characters were somewhat fleshed out and it still has good music and action.
michael e.
March 29, 2018
Star Wars is one of the most well revered Sci-fi films of all time and one of the most well known film series of all time. So the idea of another film seemed like a good idea to expand more on Star Wars history and marketing, but how does this animated pre-prequel hold up.

Star Wars Clone Wars takes place in between after Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones and before Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith, when Anakin is a new Jedi Knight and has been given a new Padawan named Ahsoka Tano by Master Yoda. While this happens, Jabba the hutts son was kidnapped and the Jedi are being framed by Dooku and his assassin Ventress for the kidnap.

To think they got rid of Hayden Christensen, Ewan Mcgregor, and Frank Oz was a bit of a disappointment to me in this film, but overall, these new actors did decent jobs, Tom Kane did a surprisingly good Yoda and Nika Futterman did a creepily good Ventress, and is hands down one of the creepiest star wars characters. Also the return of Samuel L. Jackson, Anthony Daniels, and Christopher Lee were good surprises especially having Lee return as Dooku who is still just as good as he was in Episode II. But other than that, theres nothing really left to talk about about the voice actors except for they were decent renditions.

Now the animation is surprisingly decent for a film like this but the problem is that the animation does look stiff at times, but the animation looks incredible in the action scenes and they're close to being just as good as the prequels action, including the lightsaber battles and blaster fights, especially the beginning fight on Christophsis, and the music is very well done and sounds close to John Williams music and makes the battles feel just as grand and big.

I will admit doing an animated Star Wars film is a strange idea and only having a couple of the actors from the past films, I find kind of strange, and even now, I still find it kind of strange, but it is somewhat enjoyable, its a guilty pleasure to me. but it does drag on at a somewhat slow and boring pace. The film may not be fantastic and is definitely the worst of the Star Wars Saga, it did lead to something awesome.
March 19, 2018
Simple, watch the shows not the movie
March 19, 2018
Action-packed! I didn't think it would be good but its Awesome.
March 18, 2018
Has no grace and bad jokes but shows an interesting development of a master and an apprentice jedi
March 18, 2018
You know. I'm going to 5 star this. Because compared to Awakens and Last Jedi this is masterpiece theater stuff
½ March 9, 2018
there are some surprising well written episodes in this series, and especially well done are the concluding last episodes. The apprentice relationship between Anakin and Ahsoka Tano and Anakin is fleshed out in this animated series based off the star wars franchise.
March 9, 2018
A decently built film with some cheesy dialouge, but a good way to start up the super popular Tv show
March 5, 2018
At first it felt generic, but over time I was forced to be emotionally invested in many of the B-characters. Watching many of the die was a tear jerker for me. Points for being able to make me yell at the screen when something dramatic occurred. That's how you know you did it right.
½ March 1, 2018
This is basically a pilot for The Clone Wars TV series. Originally intended as a continuation of the 2003 micro series, this show (which was designed to take place Between Chapter 21 and 22) further bridges the gap between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. Here we are introduced to Ahsoka. Given that months prior, Anakin lost his mother, Yoda tries to help him to let go of his attachments, by giving him an apprentice that he will one day have to let go of. This leads to some nice character moments. Ahsoka starts off a little whiny and annoying, but this was also the case for both Luke and Anakin, its a place for her to grow from. revisiting Tatooine is clearly a sore spot for Anakin in this story as he refuses to open up to Ahsoka about this. Anakin and Ahsoka also pick up a new ship, The Twilight, an old spice freighter, which adds a small amount of credibility to Owens lie to Luke in A New Hope about his father being a pilot on an old space freighter. For context, before watching this, The Clone Wars Season 2 episode 16 and Season 1 Episode 16 expand on what is going off on Christophsis prior to this movie. As a theatrical release, this isn't the best, but when you consider it was actually 4 episodes of the show merged into a movie, and view it through a TV movie lens its acceptable. Its better than Attack of the Clones at least, and portrays a more likable and mature Anakin, a less cringey relationship with Padme and a fun Obi-Wan that makes dad jokes at every opportunity. The movie also begins to expand on the clones, and shows that even though all genetically similar, each is still an individual. The show that follows this movie is much better, but as a part of establishing Anakins fall to the Dark Side, this movie is essential. Give it a watch, along with both TV shows.
February 16, 2018
It was a good film but not something for the theatres, it was more or less the "season premier" of the clone wars tv series and should not have been in the theatres but instead should have been first shown on tv.
½ February 7, 2018
As A Pilot For The Terrific Clone Wars Show, It Succeeds
As A Movie However, Not So Much
February 7, 2018
While this film does an effective job of introducing Ahsoka Tano, that's about all it does well. The plot of rescuing Jabba the Hutt's son is dumb and ridiculous, and characters like Padmé are utilized very poorly. This movie's greatest sin, however, is simply how boring it is to watch, to the point where I've seen it twice and can barely recall specifics about it. Only worth watching for the show.
February 5, 2018
The Clone Wars was fantastic and helped move along the plot and fill the gaps of the Star Wars movies. However, there was a mix of nonsensical and filler episodes that made the series hard to watch at times for certain audiences. Keep in mind this was not just meant to be Star Wars for all of the adults who grew up loving the Movies. This was also meant to be a kids show to help bring in a new generation. If you can put up with meaningless filler episodes for a few weeks at a time, it's well worth it.
January 15, 2018
The animation made me laugh my head off, which isn't a bad thing. The story was ok enough for cartoon level entertainment, so it's worth watching if you need a diversion.
½ January 11, 2018
Star Wars: The Clone Wars has a very good villain and some memorable action sequences, but most of the action is still boring and highly overwhelming. The script is quite weak, the characterization is slight and the dialogue is rather simplistic. But its worst offender is its animation which is okay in backgrounds, but absolutely horrible in humans who look and act like robots. It isn't a terrible film, but it is very mediocre.
½ January 9, 2018
This suuuuuuccccccks
½ January 8, 2018
The Series is great, the movie that started it is a trainwreck.
½ January 7, 2018
There are a few cool moments in this but it feels so unecesary they could have just made this part of the clone wars tv series.
½ January 5, 2018