Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Reviews

December 11, 2017
It's an small arc from the first episodes of The Clone Wars animated series, that was theatrically released at the last minute. Even if it was not developed with that idea in mind, It is the pilot to an animated series based on the best Saga of all time, The Clone Wars staff, was still learning to walk, move ahead 8 years and Ahsoka is one of the most beloved characters outside of the movies, and the TV series as a whole improved the saga. This deserves a good review due to it;s significance in launching an animated series capable of withstanding the same continuity as the films that originated the saga.
½ December 8, 2017
The film's structure is rather split in what it'll seem two different stories that would've perfectly been two episodes of the animated series, not with a proper story to tell the actual unexplored Clone Wars in the Star Wars mythology, but the film has strong action and fight sequences, missing character development and a solid plot to justify the full length film format, making it feel more like a long episode of the series, rather than an actual movie, becoming a totally harmless addition to the franchise.
½ November 25, 2017
Star Wars: The Clone Wars is a movie that shouldn't have been a movie. For starters, it should never be watched on its own if one is marathoning all of the Star Wars films. You should only really view it if you're also watching The Clone Wars TV series. One of the two major things going against this is the fact that the TV series kind of got off to a rocky start. The animation hadn't hit its stride yet, and the same is true for the storytelling. Since this was produced during those early years of production, the movie unfortunately suffers those same shortcomings. The other main thing going against it is, like I said to start, it really wasn't ever meant to be a movie. This was intended to be four separate episodes of the show, but if what I've read is true, George Lucas suddenly decreed this was to be released theatrically. If that is the case, I feel bad for Dave Filoni and his crew. Thankfully they had the rest of this series and the Star Wars Rebels show to redeem themselves. The movie definitely feels as if its a few episodes that have been sewn together. As for the content of the film itself, it's largely forgettable; this isn't the worst criticism of a movie, but it's pretty bad when it's Star Wars. The plot is okay, but doesn't add much to the mythos. Again, this should not be watched on its own. Watching this along with the TV episodes is the only way to go.
November 21, 2017
I thought it was better then episodes 1-3. I actually like Skywalker in this.
October 27, 2017
It wasn't entertaining in general.
October 26, 2017
The movie it's self is pretty bad, but I appreciate it because it was the start of something much greater. When you watch this just think of it as an extended episode of the show that wasn't done very well.
October 8, 2017
I really like this movie, its was blast, Ashley Eckstein is done well who play Ahsoka Tano, many Ahsoka Fan out there who totallly love it and Ahsoka yes she alway my favorite. meanwhile there was Cartoon Network show as Star Wars: The Clone Wars series as season 1 to 6 before Star Wars Rebels show up as Disney XD channel but yea I watch Star Wars Rebels movie as "The Siege of Lothal" yea if great and have Ahsoka Tano come back as new look as Adult in season 1 finale and season 2 too. I met Ashley Eckstien herself in Disney World for Star Wars Weekends 2015, and she sign my DVD version of this movie. I hope Disney and Lucasfilm planning for Ahsoka fans to bring her back in future and lives her again, That was called "AHSOKA LIVES"
October 5, 2017
I didn't think it was that bad. I love the show and want to watch rebels so bad but this will do. Could do without Anikun. He sucks so hard I don't care I spelled his name wrong.
September 12, 2017
Star Wars: The Clone Wars is directed by Dave Filoni, and it stars Matt Lanter, Ashley Eckstein, and James Arnold Taylor in an animated film about the Jedi going on the battle against the separatists, while trying to save Jabba the Hut's son, and that Anakin Skywalker (Matt Lanter) has a Padawan that he wasn't aware of, name Ahsoka (Ashley Eckstein). I figure that with Netflix getting rid of all of Disney material, including Star Wars but excluding the Marvel Netflix series, I figure I should watch the movies that I haven't reviewed, which is only this, and the TV series before it's too late. So with this, I can say that the filmmakers were trying to get something out of it, but with George Lucas as executive producer thinking that the first few episodes should be a movie but in a very low budget, this is seriously a mess. I like the design of Ahsoka and Ventress, and I didn't find Ahsoka as annoying as what people said about her character. I could see potential in the characters that weren't in the other films, which I know that the show gives more character to the new characters, and the interplay between Ahsoka and Anakin is kind of nice. The voice acting seems inconsistent as some parts, the actors were good and fine, but then there were some parts that the acting either sound off, or were bad. I thought the final battle scene was nice as you see two people that you know against each other, but it felt a bit anticlimactic, and most of the fight scenes are not that fun to look at because of the animation. The animation looks so ugly looking that the backgrounds look really unfinished, and that the overall animation of it looks cheap looking, which makes sense because the budget is 8.5 million dollars, and with the marketing of it, the animation is probably even lower. The issue for that however, is that this is suppose to be a TV show, not a movie, and this definitely looks like this was suppose to be in TV. It doesn't help the fact that there are multiple plots here, although not too much that it doesn't feel like there's no focus. Now I didn't hate Star Wars: The Clone Wars, but I wasn't really enjoying what I was watching for the most part, and I was getting disinterested in this, which makes this movie a lot worse.
September 2, 2017
I don't know about other people but I think that this animated clone war movie is not related to the live-action that's how I look at it.
½ August 23, 2017
At first it felt generic, but over time I was forced to be emotionally invested in many of the B-characters. Watching many of the die was a tear jerker for me. Points for being able to make me yell at the screen when something dramatic occurred. That's how you know you did it right.
August 23, 2017
A pointless rip off that no one wanted or needed. A cynical marketing exercise to say the least.
August 21, 2017
Ummmmmm...The show is MUCH MUCH better than this pile of lifeless crap!
August 14, 2017
The Clone Wars isn't bad, it's just boring. Nothing of note. The only reason it doesn't get a lower score is because of the TV series it started, which is good.
July 29, 2017
It looks great too me!
July 28, 2017
It's functional and harmless as long as you treat it as the TV pilot that it is.
July 27, 2017
Although it has its funny moments involving the droid soldiers, it's not enough to save the film from wood-like animation and stupid dialogue between Anakin and Ahsoka that causes the movie to be so terrible that it makes the Star Wars prequels look like The Lord of the Rings trilogy by comparison.
July 20, 2017
Before there was the critically acclaimed TV series on Cartoon Network, there was this crappy excuse of a theatrically released movie that was simply Warner Bros. wanting to make a quick buck by profiting off of one of the most beloved franchises of all time. Why, were you unhappy with the billion dollars you got out of The Dark Knight? I enjoyed the action sequences and I liked James Arnold Taylor's vocal performance as Obi-Wan Kenobi. But then again, I like him since I enjoy hearing his voice as Tidus in Final Fantasy X and Ratchet in almost all of the Ratchet & Clank games and its film adaptation. I'd praise him if he were starring in The Emoji Movie. Yes, it's a sort-of English accent in this movie but I don't care. Sadly, this movie is the worst Star Wars film to date somehow managing to be a weaker Star Wars film than The Phantom Menace. The animation looks stiff and barely passable, Ahsoka starts off in this movie as just another teenage girl acting like a spoiled brat, her introduction as Anakin's protégé really screws up with the canon a bit, some forced (no pun intended) brief fan service and an unengaging story that also messes up the canon a bit. Jabba has a son...for some reason...whom we never see again...and whose absence is never explained...who probably won't even suddenly appear in the remaining two entries in the sequel trilogy. It might keep children entertained, especially with some lines from the droids whom they'll perceive as funny, but for older audiences it's a waste of time even for the most hardcore Star Wars fan above the age of 12.
½ July 1, 2017
Great animation great plot just felt bad