Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Reviews

August 14, 2017
The Clone Wars isn't bad, it's just boring. Nothing of note. The only reason it doesn't get a lower score is because of the TV series it started, which is good.
July 29, 2017
It looks great too me!
July 28, 2017
It's functional and harmless as long as you treat it as the TV pilot that it is.
July 27, 2017
Although it has its funny moments involving the droid soldiers, it's not enough to save the film from wood-like animation and stupid dialogue between Anakin and Ahsoka that causes the movie to be so terrible that it makes the Star Wars prequels look like The Lord of the Rings trilogy by comparison.
July 20, 2017
Before there was the critically acclaimed TV series on Cartoon Network, there was this crappy excuse of a theatrically released movie that was simply Warner Bros. wanting to make a quick buck by profiting off of one of the most beloved franchises of all time. Why, were you unhappy with the billion dollars you got out of The Dark Knight? I enjoyed the action sequences and I liked James Arnold Taylor's vocal performance as Obi-Wan Kenobi. But then again, I like him since I enjoy hearing his voice as Tidus in Final Fantasy X and Ratchet in almost all of the Ratchet & Clank games and its film adaptation. I'd praise him if he were starring in The Emoji Movie. Yes, it's a sort-of English accent in this movie but I don't care. Sadly, this movie is the worst Star Wars film to date somehow managing to be a weaker Star Wars film than The Phantom Menace. The animation looks stiff and barely passable, Ahsoka starts off in this movie as just another teenage girl acting like a spoiled brat, her introduction as Anakin's protégé really screws up with the canon a bit, some forced (no pun intended) brief fan service and an unengaging story that also messes up the canon a bit. Jabba has a son...for some reason...whom we never see again...and whose absence is never explained...who probably won't even suddenly appear in the remaining two entries in the sequel trilogy. It might keep children entertained, especially with some lines from the droids whom they'll perceive as funny, but for older audiences it's a waste of time even for the most hardcore Star Wars fan above the age of 12.
½ July 1, 2017
Great animation great plot just felt bad
June 30, 2017
More of an experiment that an animated space epic, The Clone Wars falls short on script and animation, but does lay a rather promising foundation for possible improvements.
June 14, 2017
18%? Wow...I hope most of the low reviews are based on the fact this film feels incomplete once it's over. Of course that's because it's just 3 episodes of the to be released TV series when it arrived in theatres. If you look past that tho, it is very well structured and a great start of entering new grounds for the Star Wars Universe. The voice cast is phenomenal and the visuals are exciting for being fairly primitive in their design and execution. This film lead the way for the stellar series that finally gave us our look into what The Clone Wars were all about.
May 31, 2017
Not a fun movie...Star Wars should stick to live action.
May 15, 2017
This movie had little reason to exist. I won't waste my time on this miserable excuse for a Star Wars movie and just leave it at you shouldn't waste an hour and a half on this turd and go watch the TV series, it's much better.
May 3, 2017
Yeah, it's pretty cheesy, but at least it kick-started a GREAT tv series.
½ May 1, 2017
I would say not the best movie I would say clone wars is not related to the live-action serious
½ April 29, 2017
Whoever wrote this script needs to take a basic screenwriter course. Seriously, the dialog is awful.
April 7, 2017
This odd little chapter in the theatrical Star Wars universe is confusing, poorly animated, lazily voiced and largely unnecessary. However, I can't understand the rounded hatred for it. There are some cool battle scenes (mountainside), fun use of prominent characters, and the individual-mission-based spirit of the "Clone Wars" show is fully present. Is it great? No...but it's still better than just about everything from the prequels.
½ April 1, 2017
Not a very good pilot, and not a very good movie either. Hopefully the show is better than this.
½ March 18, 2017
Love series, hate movie
½ March 16, 2017
I'm going to be honest, I enjoyed this animated movie, and I think it's better than the first two star wars prequels. The animation is pretty good, and the action isn't boring. While some of the new characters needed more development, they manage to be entertaining. The plot is dumb, but at least it isn't boring.
½ March 4, 2017
This is a bad star wars film, wich is not a part of the Prequel-trilogy.
February 26, 2017
Although it is unfortunate, this movie is awful, it diminishes how great the actual TV show is. This movie feels thrown together for money and is worse than the prequels, managing to have worse characters, and an awful story that feels like it didn't even need to be shown in a movie. Ironically, this movie is thrown together, George Lucas told the guys making the TV show to throw together two episodes and mash them together to create a movie, and it really shows.
January 28, 2017
Very poor animation and bland story telling that is on par with the prequel trilogy's problems.