Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Reviews

October 8, 2017
I really like this movie, its was blast, Ashley Eckstein is done well who play Ahsoka Tano, many Ahsoka Fan out there who totallly love it and Ahsoka yes she alway my favorite. meanwhile there was Cartoon Network show as Star Wars: The Clone Wars series as season 1 to 6 before Star Wars Rebels show up as Disney XD channel but yea I watch Star Wars Rebels movie as "The Siege of Lothal" yea if great and have Ahsoka Tano come back as new look as Adult in season 1 finale and season 2 too. I met Ashley Eckstien herself in Disney World for Star Wars Weekends 2015, and she sign my DVD version of this movie. I hope Disney and Lucasfilm planning for Ahsoka fans to bring her back in future and lives her again, That was called "AHSOKA LIVES"
October 5, 2017
I didn't think it was that bad. I love the show and want to watch rebels so bad but this will do. Could do without Anikun. He sucks so hard I don't care I spelled his name wrong.
September 12, 2017
Star Wars: The Clone Wars is directed by Dave Filoni, and it stars Matt Lanter, Ashley Eckstein, and James Arnold Taylor in an animated film about the Jedi going on the battle against the separatists, while trying to save Jabba the Hut's son, and that Anakin Skywalker (Matt Lanter) has a Padawan that he wasn't aware of, name Ahsoka (Ashley Eckstein). I figure that with Netflix getting rid of all of Disney material, including Star Wars but excluding the Marvel Netflix series, I figure I should watch the movies that I haven't reviewed, which is only this, and the TV series before it's too late. So with this, I can say that the filmmakers were trying to get something out of it, but with George Lucas as executive producer thinking that the first few episodes should be a movie but in a very low budget, this is seriously a mess. I like the design of Ahsoka and Ventress, and I didn't find Ahsoka as annoying as what people said about her character. I could see potential in the characters that weren't in the other films, which I know that the show gives more character to the new characters, and the interplay between Ahsoka and Anakin is kind of nice. The voice acting seems inconsistent as some parts, the actors were good and fine, but then there were some parts that the acting either sound off, or were bad. I thought the final battle scene was nice as you see two people that you know against each other, but it felt a bit anticlimactic, and most of the fight scenes are not that fun to look at because of the animation. The animation looks so ugly looking that the backgrounds look really unfinished, and that the overall animation of it looks cheap looking, which makes sense because the budget is 8.5 million dollars, and with the marketing of it, the animation is probably even lower. The issue for that however, is that this is suppose to be a TV show, not a movie, and this definitely looks like this was suppose to be in TV. It doesn't help the fact that there are multiple plots here, although not too much that it doesn't feel like there's no focus. Now I didn't hate Star Wars: The Clone Wars, but I wasn't really enjoying what I was watching for the most part, and I was getting disinterested in this, which makes this movie a lot worse.
September 2, 2017
I don't know about other people but I think that this animated clone war movie is not related to the live-action that's how I look at it.
½ August 23, 2017
At first it felt generic, but over time I was forced to be emotionally invested in many of the B-characters. Watching many of the die was a tear jerker for me. Points for being able to make me yell at the screen when something dramatic occurred. That's how you know you did it right.
August 23, 2017
A pointless rip off that no one wanted or needed. A cynical marketing exercise to say the least.
August 21, 2017
Ummmmmm...The show is MUCH MUCH better than this pile of lifeless crap!
August 14, 2017
The Clone Wars isn't bad, it's just boring. Nothing of note. The only reason it doesn't get a lower score is because of the TV series it started, which is good.
July 29, 2017
It looks great too me!
July 28, 2017
It's functional and harmless as long as you treat it as the TV pilot that it is.
July 27, 2017
Although it has its funny moments involving the droid soldiers, it's not enough to save the film from wood-like animation and stupid dialogue between Anakin and Ahsoka that causes the movie to be so terrible that it makes the Star Wars prequels look like The Lord of the Rings trilogy by comparison.
July 20, 2017
Before there was the critically acclaimed TV series on Cartoon Network, there was this crappy excuse of a theatrically released movie that was simply Warner Bros. wanting to make a quick buck by profiting off of one of the most beloved franchises of all time. Why, were you unhappy with the billion dollars you got out of The Dark Knight? I enjoyed the action sequences and I liked James Arnold Taylor's vocal performance as Obi-Wan Kenobi. But then again, I like him since I enjoy hearing his voice as Tidus in Final Fantasy X and Ratchet in almost all of the Ratchet & Clank games and its film adaptation. I'd praise him if he were starring in The Emoji Movie. Yes, it's a sort-of English accent in this movie but I don't care. Sadly, this movie is the worst Star Wars film to date somehow managing to be a weaker Star Wars film than The Phantom Menace. The animation looks stiff and barely passable, Ahsoka starts off in this movie as just another teenage girl acting like a spoiled brat, her introduction as Anakin's protégé really screws up with the canon a bit, some forced (no pun intended) brief fan service and an unengaging story that also messes up the canon a bit. Jabba has a son...for some reason...whom we never see again...and whose absence is never explained...who probably won't even suddenly appear in the remaining two entries in the sequel trilogy. It might keep children entertained, especially with some lines from the droids whom they'll perceive as funny, but for older audiences it's a waste of time even for the most hardcore Star Wars fan above the age of 12.
½ July 1, 2017
Great animation great plot just felt bad
June 30, 2017
More of an experiment that an animated space epic, The Clone Wars falls short on script and animation, but does lay a rather promising foundation for possible improvements.
June 14, 2017
18%? Wow...I hope most of the low reviews are based on the fact this film feels incomplete once it's over. Of course that's because it's just 3 episodes of the to be released TV series when it arrived in theatres. If you look past that tho, it is very well structured and a great start of entering new grounds for the Star Wars Universe. The voice cast is phenomenal and the visuals are exciting for being fairly primitive in their design and execution. This film lead the way for the stellar series that finally gave us our look into what The Clone Wars were all about.
May 31, 2017
Not a fun movie...Star Wars should stick to live action.
May 15, 2017
This movie had little reason to exist. I won't waste my time on this miserable excuse for a Star Wars movie and just leave it at you shouldn't waste an hour and a half on this turd and go watch the TV series, it's much better.
May 3, 2017
Yeah, it's pretty cheesy, but at least it kick-started a GREAT tv series.
½ May 1, 2017
I would say not the best movie I would say clone wars is not related to the live-action serious
½ April 29, 2017
Whoever wrote this script needs to take a basic screenwriter course. Seriously, the dialog is awful.