Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Reviews

June 18, 2018
I like the idea the clone wars was made... but this story was simply too 'simple'. designed so that little children could watch a galatic scale war. Worth watching if you want to watch the clone wars TV series and have the time and patience to go through it all bit by bit.
June 17, 2018
I don't get it.

I've read review after review of this movie. Every fact has been accurate. My problem is with the emotional translation of the expectation.

The Clone Wars was a good movie. If you are 8-12 years old. At 35, I was able to enjoy it for what it was: a good kids movie set in the Star Wars universe.

What are these other reviewers wanting? I was 5 when Star Wars came out. 8 when Empire came out. 11 when Return came out. Most people who now claim to have been Star Wars fanatics fell right around the same age. This meant, at the peak of our hysteria, we were around 8. We thought (and still do) Empire was the best movie. And it is.

We were 8.

We wouldn't have, for a minute, been able to appreciate the dialogue of Pulp Fiction, the directing of Out of Africa, the story of Avalon or the acting in Glengarry Glen Ross.

We were 8.

So...I took my 8 year old to see The Clone Wars. And he was entranced. The action, the humor, the battles, Ritto the huttlett. Everything I've read as a complaint to this movie.

You know why? Because it was made for an 8 year old.

So was the original Star Wars trilogy.

Hey...my generation. Stop criticizing George Lucas for making movies for kids. It's what he did from the minute he made Star Wars until the day he gave into the mid-30's fanboy and created Revenge of the Sith. He enjoys it. That's why he made another Indiana Jones. It's why he can't stop making Star Wars things. HE LIKES IT. He does a great job appealing to that age. And the kids love it.

You aren't going to get the amazement of an 8 year old out of these movies while critiquing it with the intellect of a 36 year old. So stop trying.

If you have young kids who love Star Wars, take them to see it. Show George that there is a reason to keep making these things. Kids love it.
June 1, 2018
i enjoyed it shows story between 2 and 3
½ May 27, 2018
For a kids movie and the start to a great tv series, it was not near as bad as the ratings on here give it.
½ May 25, 2018
It's a cartoon episode and that's what I'm rating it by sets the stage for the best Star Wars tv show
May 21, 2018
It's better than The Last Jedi and The Holiday Special, but that's about it. This is an awful movie. Skip it and watch the Clone Wars cartoon series instead. Ahsoka is so much better over the run of that show.
May 21, 2018
Fantastic and great addition to the story that actually makes sense and is executed beautifully. Love it!
May 19, 2018
I don't understand why this is marked so badly. As the clone wars series, I rather enjoyed this. Now in the beginning it was a little cheesy but the farther it got the better it got. I feel anyone who likes star wars should give this series a chance.
May 17, 2018
Better than The Last Jedi by far.
½ May 3, 2018
The "Star Wars The Clone Wars" movie makes the animated series look bad
½ May 3, 2018
I know a lot of people don't like it, but this cartoon series is a solid military science fiction and goes into deeper depth of the Clone wars
April 29, 2018
Very good series, gets better further in the series
April 28, 2018
It was not a good movie, but the beginning of a great series.
April 7, 2018
I think this movie is underrated. Whilst it isn't good due to it's less than stellar animation, bad plot and annoying characters, I still find it to never be dull, the characters were somewhat fleshed out and it still has good music and action.
michael e.
March 29, 2018
Star Wars is one of the most well revered Sci-fi films of all time and one of the most well known film series of all time. So the idea of another film seemed like a good idea to expand more on Star Wars history and marketing, but how does this animated pre-prequel hold up.

Star Wars Clone Wars takes place in between after Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones and before Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith, when Anakin is a new Jedi Knight and has been given a new Padawan named Ahsoka Tano by Master Yoda. While this happens, Jabba the hutts son was kidnapped and the Jedi are being framed by Dooku and his assassin Ventress for the kidnap.

To think they got rid of Hayden Christensen, Ewan Mcgregor, and Frank Oz was a bit of a disappointment to me in this film, but overall, these new actors did decent jobs, Tom Kane did a surprisingly good Yoda and Nika Futterman did a creepily good Ventress, and is hands down one of the creepiest star wars characters. Also the return of Samuel L. Jackson, Anthony Daniels, and Christopher Lee were good surprises especially having Lee return as Dooku who is still just as good as he was in Episode II. But other than that, theres nothing really left to talk about about the voice actors except for they were decent renditions.

Now the animation is surprisingly decent for a film like this but the problem is that the animation does look stiff at times, but the animation looks incredible in the action scenes and they're close to being just as good as the prequels action, including the lightsaber battles and blaster fights, especially the beginning fight on Christophsis, and the music is very well done and sounds close to John Williams music and makes the battles feel just as grand and big.

I will admit doing an animated Star Wars film is a strange idea and only having a couple of the actors from the past films, I find kind of strange, and even now, I still find it kind of strange, but it is somewhat enjoyable, its a guilty pleasure to me. but it does drag on at a somewhat slow and boring pace. The film may not be fantastic and is definitely the worst of the Star Wars Saga, it did lead to something awesome.
March 19, 2018
Simple, watch the shows not the movie
March 19, 2018
Action-packed! I didn't think it would be good but its Awesome.
March 18, 2018
Has no grace and bad jokes but shows an interesting development of a master and an apprentice jedi
March 18, 2018
You know. I'm going to 5 star this. Because compared to Awakens and Last Jedi this is masterpiece theater stuff
½ March 9, 2018
there are some surprising well written episodes in this series, and especially well done are the concluding last episodes. The apprentice relationship between Anakin and Ahsoka Tano and Anakin is fleshed out in this animated series based off the star wars franchise.