Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Reviews

December 4, 2016
What are all of you guys talking about?!?!? This show is the shit!
November 21, 2016
a painful introduction into what turned out to be a surprisingly good TV series
October 30, 2016
If you don't love this movie, that's too bad. It's still Star Wars.
October 22, 2016
Not with a proper story to tell the actual unexplored Clone Wars in the Star Wars mythology, the film has strong action and fight sequences, but it misses character development and a solid plot to justify the full length film format, making it feel more like a long episode of the series, rather than an actual movie.
½ October 20, 2016
161020: Liked this film more upon this, my second viewing. Non-stop action. The Droid Army provides a great deal of humour. Just love those guys. Lots of light saber action. Time well spent.
October 4, 2016
a sorry excuse for a Star Wars film.
½ September 19, 2016
Not that great a movie, its not a mistake if you think that it led to The Clone Wars series, which was the series to bring me the most joy ever. The movie fits in with the series and introduces Ahsoka Tano, Asajj Ventress and Captain Rex who make the series a joy to watch.
½ September 17, 2016
Star Wars: The Clone Wars can be appreciated for having elements of the beloved Star Wars saga, but this animated adventure should not have cost anything to watch.
September 17, 2016
Star Wars: The Clone Wars(2008)
Starring: Matt Lanter, Ashley Eckstein, James Arnold Taylor, Dee Bradley Baker, Tom Kane, Nika Futterman, Ian Abercrombie, Corey Burton, Catherine Taber, Matthew Wood, Kevin Michael Richardson, David Acord, Samuel L. Jackson, Anthony Daniels, and Christopher Lee
Directed By: Dave Filoni
Review
An all new kind of Star Wars the start of mediocrity that lead to greatness. This movie was the lead in to a cartoon series that aired on cartoon network for six seasons. The cartoon actually starts off great I'm in the first season and I am enjoying it a lot not the first two episodes but their have been great ones.
Set between Episode II and III the Clone Wars is the first computer animated Star Wars film. Anakin and Obi Wan must find out who kidnapped Jabba the Hutts son and return him safely. The Separatists will try anything to stop them and ruin any chance of a diplomatic agreement between the Hutt's and the Republic.
The movie was not awful for me like most Star Wars fans but it sure as heck isn't good. The movie to me is like cheesy popcorn fun, I mean the animation looks great and the movie has a lot of cool space battles, Clone troops vs. Droids, and a few cool lightsaber moments but that's about it.
I'm giving it a three out of five, I don't hate it but it isn't that good.
September 11, 2016
This isn't so much a movie as it is the first few episodes of a TV series. In fact, they should have kept it as a few episodes. It would have worked better. Then they could have added in the deleted scenes which actually improve things (the Rancor Pit!) At times, it gets a little redundant and the storyline comes across a little childish. Ultimately, it's a treat for Star Wars fans. If you're not, don't waste your time.
September 7, 2016
Passionate Star Wars fans will likely enjoy it (I am, and I did), but casual fans may not. The animation is rudimentary and the story is more juvenile than the live-action Star Wars movies, but I like Star Wars stuff generally and so hearing the iconic franchise music and the hum or a lightsaber I am inevitably having fun. Go in with low expectations and you will likely enjoy it.
September 6, 2016
Stellar movie that has done very well. How ever it did not need to be on the silver screen
½ August 30, 2016
This film represents a paradox: on the one hand, it functions as a pilot for the Clone Wars TV series, which was better overall than all three Star Wars prequels combined; on the other hand, it was released theatrically, which means it has to compete with the likes of WALL-E (released the same year). As a theatrical experience, this film is a dismal failure, and an insult even to The Phantom Menace. Had this aired first on Cartoon Network, perhaps this would be a different conversation, but as it stands, it's best viewed as a throwback to the theatrical releases of the pilots for the original Battlestar Galactica and the 1970s Buck Rogers TV series. Even then, it still pales in comparison.
August 20, 2016
Just god awful..... I honestly have no words for how bad this is
August 10, 2016
A poorly written attempt to get our attention back on Star Wars.
Poor animation and script most likely due to rushed production.
Has promise for the future though.
August 7, 2016
The CGI isn't that good compared to other Star Wars movies and there aren't really any rememberable scenes or characters.
August 3, 2016
It,s a good Star Wars film
½ August 2, 2016
Ummmmmm...The show is MUCH MUCH better than this pile of lifeless crap!
½ July 26, 2016
Obvioussly not as great as the animated serise,it still brings some ok moments. And the creators at least were trying to make it a nice film for the family.
½ July 24, 2016
George Lucas, save it for the tv