Cloverfield - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cloverfield Reviews

October 26, 2016
Partiendo de una buena idea , con buenos efectos , pero con unos protagonistas planos , la peli entretiene.
½ October 23, 2016
Found footage done right, mysterious and engaging, but with some unlikeable and generic main characters.
October 22, 2016
Before I started to watch 10 Cloverfield Lane, I thought that I would watch this movie again, and I must admit, for it's time, it actually wasn't bad. I'm not one whose into paranormal movies, and I hate when films are filmed through a camera, so everything was against this movie right from the beginning but once the massive monster started to attack New York, I actually felt the intensity that the leading characters did. I must admit, the teenagers did get on my nerves after a while, and the camera seemed to have a really LONG battery life. Anyway, the action scenes with the army were quite realistic and the whole evacuation was put together well. I would have liked to have seen more attention to detail with the huge monster, and the little mini monsters but as it was filmed through a handheld camera, I can understand why it looked sketchy. For a film that was made 8 years ago, it certainly didn't look dated, and you could easily release it today. Personally, I would have used some A-list actors, so they could bring the tension across more effectively but with that aside, I still enjoyed it the second time around. Watchable!

After making such a profit at the box office, I'm surprised that it took so long for a sequel. The movie was directed by Matt Reeves, 50, who also brought you Let Me In, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, and is due to direct War in the Planet of the Apes, which will be released in 2017. With J.J. Abrams in the producer chair, who is known for directing Mission Impossible III, Super 8, the new Star Trek franchise, and of course, the new Star Wars movies, there certainly was a lot of experience behind the camera. I just wished that they filmed it normally! Anyway, it's definitely one to have in your collection, if your into movies in this genre, and I'm sure that people will be going back to it, in the future.

Budget: $25million
Worldwide Gross: $171million

I recommend this movie to people who are into their action/sci-fi/horrors, starring Lizzy Caplan, Jessica Lucas, T.J. Miller, Michael Stahl-David, Mike Vogel and Brian Klugman. 6/10
½ October 18, 2016
Cleverly filmed and very real feeling. I would've preferred some better actors, but it wasn't too terrible.
October 16, 2016
This movie was shot on a Panasonic HVX200a camera and was well done. Its still a terrific movie to watch, lots of action and clever film shooting.
½ October 11, 2016
This is a superb monster movie. It's scary, mysterious, menacing and looks amazing. The fact it's all filmed in a video camera style is not going to be to everyone's taste but I think it adds an extra edge to the movie and makes it a more authentic experience. Whilst the characters aren't totally interesting, and a little stereo typical you feel their terror and desperation to get to friends and to safety. I love how the creature was kept a secret before release, how it teases your imagination for its existence and is completely forced upon them out of the blue. The creature itself gets screen time progresively, leaving an air of mystery but you get more than a glimpse. There are some memorable moments in this movie and its one of my favourites to rewatch.
October 1, 2016
This strange cross of giant monster and handy cam footage worked incredibly well. It's a thrilling disaster film.
September 24, 2016
Very good movie. It gets you thinking about it. I liked it and I was surprised by the critics review. I thought they wouldn't like it. Now waiting for 10 Cloverfield Lane!
½ September 17, 2016
Give it it's conceit and it's a fun monster movie.
September 8, 2016
Cloverfield is not really a scary movie. It's a monster movie...and basically running the hell away from that monster to survive. For some reason, I didn't really care too much about the characters in this movie. Anyway, it's a solid 6/10 OR 3/5. Good enough to enjoy but not the best in its type.
September 2, 2016
Horrible just horrible. Watch 10 Cloverfield Lane even though that has nothing to do with this movie, still just watch 10 Cloverfield Lane. Cloverfield is a total waste of time.
½ September 2, 2016
A creative effort that largely succeeds, Cloverfield is a movie that, initially, had a hard time getting me to care about any of its characters, but by the end succeeded in delivering a haunting adventure.
½ August 29, 2016
it fine movie are the monster try attack the city with no handcam showing the face the monsters.
August 28, 2016
I thought this was terrible from an entertainment standpoint.
½ August 27, 2016
It starts as a boring and awkward work and stays like that for a while, and though the acting is not impressive, we can't help but feel the thrills brought by its Blair Witch Project style.
August 26, 2016
Slickly done documentary-style movie.
½ August 20, 2016
½ August 20, 2016
Terrifying, technically clever, and hugely suspenseful, this nightmarish found-footage creature-feature may have difficult camerawork and some noticeable cliches, but there really isn't anything like it, and it's thankfully held aloft with some comic relief.
August 18, 2016
Can I get an ending???????
August 16, 2016