Cloverfield - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cloverfield Reviews

January 18, 2017
want to c this movie
January 15, 2017
What an awesome movie!! Loved it ??
½ January 13, 2017
I enjoyed this movie a lot. It is fun and exciting with some good comic relief. The special effects were good and the suspense was palpable. I don't love the way it was filmed, but it did give it a different, kind of interesting feel to it. I'd recommend it.
January 11, 2017
Nota: 8.3/10 - 3.9/5
½ January 3, 2017
Blair witch meets Godzilla , a little on the horror, and little on the sci-fi side . Cloverfield delivers the movie it advertises. I liked how this movie was about the ones who lived the event and the viewer really feels a part of the story. This is probably how I would have lived these sorts of events being in there with the main caracters.
January 2, 2017
Really disappointing movie. Unsteady filming & constant shrieking all the way through. No idea how this movie got a reasonably good rating.
½ December 24, 2016
New idea of using the technique found footage of a monster movie. Plot thickens leaving holes to be discovered by hand that you go ahead
½ December 20, 2016
An underrated film...JJ Abrams once again shoots just shy of greatness
½ December 5, 2016
64/100 - This was one heck of a ride. Cloverfield does have some weak points like a typical story for its genre and slightly subpar action; however, the found footage element adds a ton to the film as a whole. The handheld camcorder-filmed cinematography is done impeccably, even though it can be a little nauseating at times. The film's climax is a little overly sentimental, but on the whole Cloverfield doesn't disappoint and will send your heart racing at times.
December 3, 2016
While the cast is exceptional and the found footage aspect is actually pretty interesting. The end sucks some fun out for me, but all in all still a good movie.
½ November 28, 2016
Competently done, sort of annoying characters but the action saves it.
November 21, 2016
Creepy and very well made.
½ November 13, 2016
This is an above-average Godzilla movie that gets a few bonus points for it's somewhat unique point of view and TJ Miller's running commentary (as the man behind the camera).
October 26, 2016
Partiendo de una buena idea , con buenos efectos , pero con unos protagonistas planos , la peli entretiene.
½ October 23, 2016
Found footage done right, mysterious and engaging, but with some unlikeable and generic main characters.
October 22, 2016
Review:
Before I started to watch 10 Cloverfield Lane, I thought that I would watch this movie again, and I must admit, for it's time, it actually wasn't bad. I'm not one whose into paranormal movies, and I hate when films are filmed through a camera, so everything was against this movie right from the beginning but once the massive monster started to attack New York, I actually felt the intensity that the leading characters did. I must admit, the teenagers did get on my nerves after a while, and the camera seemed to have a really LONG battery life. Anyway, the action scenes with the army were quite realistic and the whole evacuation was put together well. I would have liked to have seen more attention to detail with the huge monster, and the little mini monsters but as it was filmed through a handheld camera, I can understand why it looked sketchy. For a film that was made 8 years ago, it certainly didn't look dated, and you could easily release it today. Personally, I would have used some A-list actors, so they could bring the tension across more effectively but with that aside, I still enjoyed it the second time around. Watchable!

Round-Up:
After making such a profit at the box office, I'm surprised that it took so long for a sequel. The movie was directed by Matt Reeves, 50, who also brought you Let Me In, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, and is due to direct War in the Planet of the Apes, which will be released in 2017. With J.J. Abrams in the producer chair, who is known for directing Mission Impossible III, Super 8, the new Star Trek franchise, and of course, the new Star Wars movies, there certainly was a lot of experience behind the camera. I just wished that they filmed it normally! Anyway, it's definitely one to have in your collection, if your into movies in this genre, and I'm sure that people will be going back to it, in the future.

Budget: $25million
Worldwide Gross: $171million

I recommend this movie to people who are into their action/sci-fi/horrors, starring Lizzy Caplan, Jessica Lucas, T.J. Miller, Michael Stahl-David, Mike Vogel and Brian Klugman. 6/10
½ October 18, 2016
Cleverly filmed and very real feeling. I would've preferred some better actors, but it wasn't too terrible.
October 16, 2016
This movie was shot on a Panasonic HVX200a camera and was well done. Its still a terrific movie to watch, lots of action and clever film shooting.
½ October 11, 2016
This is a superb monster movie. It's scary, mysterious, menacing and looks amazing. The fact it's all filmed in a video camera style is not going to be to everyone's taste but I think it adds an extra edge to the movie and makes it a more authentic experience. Whilst the characters aren't totally interesting, and a little stereo typical you feel their terror and desperation to get to friends and to safety. I love how the creature was kept a secret before release, how it teases your imagination for its existence and is completely forced upon them out of the blue. The creature itself gets screen time progresively, leaving an air of mystery but you get more than a glimpse. There are some memorable moments in this movie and its one of my favourites to rewatch.
October 1, 2016
This strange cross of giant monster and handy cam footage worked incredibly well. It's a thrilling disaster film.