Coup 53 Reviews

• Sep 27, 2020

A brilliant movie about a very sensitive subject. As a long time researcher about the 1953 coup, I didn't expect to be surprised at all, but this movie brought up so much testimony and archival evidence that it belongs in a whole different category of documentary. I was reminded of The Revolution Will Not Be Televised (2003). The depth of description of the crucial months and years leading up, during and after the coup is really remarkable. I learned tons. I really can't say enough about this movie. If you have the chance, watch it!

• Sep 19, 2020

What a timely reminder of the perils of meddling, especially with a cynical, mercenary and racist intent. The pace and tension of this film build beautifully, no small feat when you consider the reams and reams of paper-based detective work that lie at its heart.

• Sep 06, 2020

An absolutely essential watch, superbly done. Highly recommend this movie to those who want to understand a great part of the true underlying reasons for the belligerent dynamics of the world today.

• Sep 05, 2020

An exceptional documentary made based on official sensitive documents that Mr. Amirani had permission to access. You will see how he accessed every information he used to make this thrilling documentary. An art work that illuminates on dark sections of history which are crucial for global peace.

• Sep 04, 2020

Gripping stuff, really enjoyed it. "What, are we the baddies?"

Gripping stuff, really enjoyed it. "What, are we the baddies?"

• Aug 27, 2020

A must-see for everyone who wants to know what is truly going on in the world. You might think this documentary talks about the history of the Iranian coup in 1953, while actually it is portraying brilliantly the recipes still being used by intelligence services to this day. Best documentary I've ever watched.