Cowboys & Aliens - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cowboys & Aliens Reviews

February 13, 2018
A lot better than something with a simple name like this conveys. Fun, and a good story set in an odd time for an alien movie.
January 11, 2018
Después de despertar en medio del desierto Jake sufre una amnesia, por lo que olvida todas sus memorias y divaga por el desierto hasta llegar a un pueblo donde lo tratan como criminal, en un punto donde Jake está a punto de ser arrestado llegan naves alienígenas las cuales sin más empiezan a atacar a los vaqueros, por lo que Jake aprovecha la situación para escapar y de la nada empezar a matar alíen con un brazalete que encontró por ahí. ( Si, así de estúpida es la trama)
Puntos buenos: los increíbles escenarios y el gran elenco que conforma a cowboys & aliens. ( Y ya es todo lo bueno)
Puntos malos: para empezar la trama tan fumada que se les ocurrió, ¡en que estaban pensando!! En cuanto al guión es realmente malo, las frases de los protagonistas son horribles, hablan como completos estúpidos combinados con estereotipos de vaqueros de los estados unidos, sip mejor no se puede describir. No recomiendo para nada está película, solamente fue: mira llegaron los aliens, vamos a matar alíens yehaa!
Pero en conclusión: no vean esta película, es horrible, y por completo fue la mayor decepción del 2011
January 5, 2018
A hidden jem. It recieved a rough ride on release but later viewing proves its an entertaining ride. Good characters and good action. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday night.
½ December 22, 2017
I don't know why so many people gave this a low rating, because I really liked this movie. Awesome cast, also.
½ November 18, 2017
surprisingly enjoyable, this movie was a lot of fun on the premise of people with primitive weapons versus aliens with highly developed weaponry. The story is pretty good, but it does have a weak ending.
½ October 21, 2017
Far from what it could be, there's enough enjoyment watching Han Solo and James Bond kick the crap out if some aliens in cowboy hats.
October 17, 2017
My grandpa said that a root canal would be more fun than this movie, and I have to agree with him.
½ September 23, 2017
Why is it just called Cowboys on this site!
August 18, 2017
MIndless pap....having seen it once...prob wont see again
½ August 3, 2017
Cowboys and aliens and Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford and Jon Faverau!?!? Should've been amazing. Instead it's just soooo boring.
½ July 27, 2017
One of the worst miscast movies I've ever seen. Neither Ford or Craig are believable in their respective roles with Craig in particular offering little! Plot had potential but was let down by poor characters and awful special effects!
June 28, 2017
This was a joke, right?
½ June 10, 2017
Has all the elements but lacks soul or a director who cared about the source.
½ June 6, 2017
strange film didnt no what it wanted to be
June 1, 2017
An OK movie. I remember seeing it in theaters and thought the concept was funny. Not amazing, and I probably don't need to see it again.
½ May 31, 2017
An unashamedly ridiculous summer movie that's thin on plot and characters, but strong in good ole western/sci-fi action.
May 27, 2017
Terrible boring sci-fi movie starring Daniel Craig and Olivia Wilde. I hated this movie. Nothing to talk about except to many explosions and the plot was bland.
May 21, 2017
Fails at the most basic, fundamental level - the script. The idea of cowboys fighting aliens could have been a fun, B-movie romp. Instead its a murky shade of grey - not dark enough to be scary, not light enough to be fun. And it forgets that audiences need 1 thing in a film like this, before all the spectacle - characters we care about. There is no character to give a damn about, and thus the plot is completely boring. The acting and direction is flat and the alien looks like a digital mutant turtle. And they utterly wasted the best talent in the whole cast - Sam Rockwell. Favreau's 'Iron Man' only worked because Tony Stark was a great character. Favreau can't expect his films to be good if doesn't learn that - and fast.

Here's some ideas on how this film could've been great;
1) Piss off Daniel 'boring' Craig, his bronze muscles and his 14 lines of dialogue.
2) Make Sam Rockwell the lead, along with buddy, and have the movie about these two deadbeat, idiot, likeable cowboys who get swept into saving a town being plagued by aliens.
3) Fill the script with witty one-liners, tongue-in-cheek dialogue and larger-than-life characters played by audience favorites.
4) Make the aliens a little bit scary, and less like a kids scrapbook sketch.
5) Piss of Favreau and make him go back to film school for the debacle that was Iron Man 2
6) Tell Harrison Ford that he needs to stop agreeing to being in shit films (Indy 4 anyone?)
7) Speed up the whole damn show and pack more action and character into its running time.

They used to be able to make films like this in the 80's. 20 years later, Hollywood seems to have forgotten how.

I mostly blame CGI.
May 11, 2017
A good film, Enjoyed the action and the special effects were good, But with all the hype round this film I wanted abit more, But don't get me wrong it's not a bad film at all it's worth a watch, The aliens looked good too.
May 8, 2017
Popcorn cinema fair with good effects not a bad film but one i wouldnt buy on blu ray.