Creed II Reviews

• 20h ago

The Rocky franchise is infamous, over commercialized nowadays, but still worthy of it's infamy. I wasn't receptive to the soft reboot and continuation of the Rocky story into Creed so I didn't see it for quite awhile. When I finally did see it, it was forgettable. Here, with Creed II, this may resonate more with Rocky fans because of the return of Ivan Drago. It's already no Rocky as the first scene of the titular character is highlighted with his girlfriend asking him in sign language if he ‘took a shit yet.' Too much relationship and baby drama, but the overall boxing movie drama was okay despite it basically being a Rocky rehash/mashup of previous Rocky movies... it's still not better than the worst Rocky movie though. Riffs on the scores used in Rocky helped immensely but the other music choices did it no favors. They should not make another Creed movie because Drago's involvement made this movie and the only way they top this... they can't because nobody cares about the Adonis Creed character. 2 of 5

• 5d ago

Bad will never be like rocky just has bad action

Bad will never be like rocky just has bad action

• Jul 02, 2020

Genial, me parece que me falto un poco para igualar a Creed 1 pero me encanta esta segunda parte

• Jun 30, 2020

DAMN!!! What a fantastic movie. Michael B. Jordan is a force on the screen. His acting skills just keep getting better and better. Stallone is like a fine wine, as he gets older he just keeps getting better and better. Both as an actor, director and producer. I love the story in this, Rocky 4 was my favorite of the series (probably because of that whole 80's feel to it lol). What I loved most about this film is not only builds Creed up as he is looking for redemption for his family name, but it covers Drago's fall from grace and adds a new depth to his character as you can see, feel throughout the movie what happened to his life after his loss in R4. Dolph was actually quite good in this as a father looking to use his son for redemption. If you love the Rocky movies, you will certainly love the direction Creed is going. Fantastic movie!

• Jun 28, 2020

Awesome! Have good fights, good characters and the final is incredible.

Awesome! Have good fights, good characters and the final is incredible.

• Jun 26, 2020

The emotional and morally amazing take on Story it was full of Up's and Down's and heart-breaking things and the inspiration to took the beating and stand-up,the retelling or to say the history repeating thing for Creed and Drago's was great,the Donnie's obsession to win over the fight and all then the beatings resulting in the realizing of fight for what and all its great,Every quote and step from Rocky is literally Inspirational and brilliant his inner side dealing with the words and past mistakes and him beating everything is literally awesome and great.the 1st match was surprising although the shades of Creed in Donnie was clearly visible it was amazing retelling,the Child thing was literally emotional and sad but the scenes of Donnie taking care of her is beautiful,the last fight was mind-blowingly great.the Russian's family thing watching there expressions felt emotional too,the ending fight was intense,the closing shot with Donnie at Creed's conversation and Rocky being in son's house it was literally emotionally sweet and satisfying end!its a Great movie!

• Jun 25, 2020

Just as bad as the first movie

Just as bad as the first movie

• Jun 21, 2020

Every single thing about this movie is awesome. Although it is predictable, is is so well-made and the characters are so well-defined that it more than makes up for it. This has everything I want from a Rocky movie and more. Easily one of my favorites in the franchise.

• Jun 17, 2020

Creed 2, directed by Steven Caple Jr. is a solid sequel, but he seemed to have played things a little safe. Caple Jr. followed a similar direction Coogler took, but changed the story tone more into a drama/emotionally-driven narrative, that undeniably had it's fair share of cheesy scenes. There wasn't any one take boxing scenes this time around, but there was a great amount of POV shots, really making you feel like you were the one getting hit in the ring. They also utilized a lot of close ups to capture a lot of emotion. He followed some of the same guidelines and content material the earlier films had. Though dusting off some old tools, Caple Jr. found a way to hit a great amount of emotional notes throughout the film, with a great deal of heart; Where Caple Jr. lacked in originality, he prospered with heart. The story was fast paced, neglecting some set ups; things kind of just happened out of spite. I know it's due to a lot of deleted footage, but they should have left it all in! The deleted footage ties everything in nicely, giving us great depth to our characters, and a more original & fluent story. The best thing Steven Caple Jr. did for this movie, was flesh out these great characters, and give each one their own arch. Michael B. Jordan was tested on everything in this movie, from his personal life, to his boxing career. If you didn't really care for him in the first film, chances are that you're going to like him a lot more in this one. Michael B. Jordan once again puts on a stellar performance, while having a great time doing it. Tessa Thompson was such a terrific addition the first time around, and bringing her back in, and giving her more of an important role, while also tapping back into her career as well, was perfect! She also puts on another great performance, showing more of the seamless bond her and MBJ share. Even after seven movies, Sylvester Stallone still got in on the character development train. His character faces great challenges, continuing to develop this perfect character, and bond with MBJ. The screenplay by Juel Taylor & Sylvester Stallone was influenced by Sascha Penn & Cheo Hodari Coker's story, and it was pretty good considering the issues they went through. I feel like the only reason it didn't hit as hard as usual, was due to the rewrite by Stallone half way through the film, including the addition of the drago premise. The script seemed a bit safe, and just resorted into following the roots they know best. The boxing fights this time around, although not shot better, I believe was choreographed better. Ricky Conlan was a good opponent, but there was zero emotional connection to him; he came out of the wood works. With Drago, there is automatic tension, building up to these beautiful boxing sequences. Overall, Creed 2 wasn't as good as Creed, but it definitely fulfilled the legacy, and was an enjoyable addition. There has been no cinema scene ever that made me cry more than the ending of this film. It feels like the ending of my childhood.

• Jun 11, 2020

#CreedII #MovieReview: 9/10 Pros: Michael B. Jordan/Tessa Thompson Sylvester Stallone Ivan and Viktor Drago Thoroughly developed the Drago story Great sequel Added a lot of drama Intense boxing finale Cons: Some story arcs abandoned from original I missed Ryan Coogler